"777" road safety measure introduced for New Year

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

They have been trying to reduce road fatalities for years, but in spite of their best efforts the numbers have been rising. I shall be most interested to see what startling new insights they have gained that are going to magically turn this around in a three week period.

New insights? Fatalities will go up, so "777" wasn't the right plan...

6 minutes ago, twizzian said:

So are they only capable in implementing these safety measures for only a few days of each of the festive times.

How about permanent safety measures.

Safety measures? You mean checkpoints that are visible days ahead so that everyone knows how to avoid them?

56 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Getting on a scooter, or a motorcycle anywhere in Thailand, much less Phuket, Phangan, Dark Tao, or Samui without a very good helmet, is like playing Russian Roulette with three or four bullets in the chamber. It is absolutely asking for problems. The degree of recklessness here is astounding. And many foreigners come here thinking "how much trouble could I get in on a little scooter, on a tropical island"? Well, the answer is alot. The amount of foreigners who are killed on the Southern islands is staggering. Most are not reported in the media. I had a friend who worked for Samui rescue for many years, and said the numbers were about 30-60 a month, on Samui, Phangan and Koh Tao. The official number is about 3 a month. Rider beware. Use as good a helmet as you can afford, and do not use these eggshells pieces of crap. They crack at the first impact, and what lies underneath them? Your skull, which is very delicate. 

This pillock's lack of helmet(s), lights, speed awareness or the danger re 'pendulum' cargo didn't stop him getting high-and-mighty towards other road users on one such island this afternoon :shock1:

image.png.5a55df4d6d6b43884e33aee397ea6324.png

Edited by evadgib

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

They have been trying to reduce road fatalities for years, but in spite of their best efforts the numbers have been rising. I shall be most interested to see what startling new insights they have gained that are going to magically turn this around in a three week period.

Have they been trying to reduce the road accident rate or trying to find innovative ways to explain them?

When i go back into 20 years the speech is always predictable but the accident rate still going up that says all....you need to wipe out 60mill people to educate them that never happend unless strict enforcement.

In other words stand still in time and blow the wisle so it looks good from 1 person to another you cannot educate a system whom barely understood the meaning or even can scope with simple base structure and for that reason alone its an third word country not development not over 20 years

I hear something similar announced ever year but it never includes the measures needed to deal with the underlying problems.

Ever poster on this site knows what is needed it’s not rocket science.

I cannot be bothered listing what needs to occur because it will not happen !!

That have no clue on how to fix the poor driving habits of its citizens....

when  they look at it as only a fatality/accident reduction plan, it reinforces to me they don't know what the comprehensive scope  of the problem is...

Edited by cardinalblue

27 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

In all seriousness, what do they hope to accomplish with this nonsense?  I know TIT etc. but is there really anyone anywhere that takes any of this even slightly seriously?  Jesus... 

Sorry, but no he doesn't take Thailand seriously either

Nothing will ever happen with the road toll until something is done about the RTP and get them off their asses and out on the roads enforcing the road rules that exist now as a starting point. But that will never happen