Income letter how old can it be?

over the years i have submitted 7 months old but it does seem to be general consensus

of up to 6 months allowed

having said that  the general inconsistencies between different offices/provence

it is probably best to inquire  with the office  you intend to visit  

Definitely 6 months officially according to the Immigration Bureau directive included in this attachment:-

http://www.pcecnews.com/PCEC-NOTICE-THAI-IMMIGRATION-NEWS-JUNE-6.pdf

If you could let us know which is your immigration office, perhaps someone could confirm whether or not this official line is followed there, on the basis of personal experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, bttao said:

I read that they (immigration) start getting picky extending/renewing the one year stay to people over a certain age...

Any truth to it?

There have been reports at a handful of immigration offices of some extensions for purpose of retirement being initially under consideration, with subsequent house visits. The reasons are unclear, and it still seems to be rare.

More common, actually, is immigration officials pressing people into doing retirement extensions rather than marriage extensions because the former is simpler, involving them in less work. They definitely do not want to deter people from using retirement extensions when they qualify.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:24 PM, Lamkyong said:

over the years i have submitted 7 months old but it does seem to be general consensus

of up to 6 months allowed

having said that  the general inconsistencies between different offices/provence

it is probably best to inquire  with the office  you intend to visit  

I  have an agent who has been doing my extensions in Bangkok for many years now and dealing with immigration in Bangkok is his full time job. He says one week.

one week for what ? i agree from the uk embassy the process (letter) takes about i week to process  however  because for me it has to be done by post    the overall time would be over i week    maybe bkk but not generally  around the country