Angry man stranded at Suvarnabhumi for 24 hours launches furious rant at airport staff

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought airlines were obliged to supply more than that these days.

Certainly the case in Europe but I doubt it in most parts of Asia, except I suspect Japan. A bad public image doesn't seem to hurt the LCCs. Look at the recent Ryanair debacle.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

I've read about things like this in the past. The puzzling thing about it is that everyone pays for every meal they eat, every day.

Lets say you pay for and eat 3 meals every day of your life right up until the point where you arrive at an airport, your check in and find that you have a delayed flight.

Why should you suddenly stop paying for your own food at this point ?

They give a discount voucher which probably covers the inflated airport prices but you're still responsible for feeding yourself regardless of your flight status.

This guy is just another dummy.

No he is not. He paid for transportation, and apparently the airline in question cannot even manage to leave on time, in fact not even on the same day. Is then given a measly 250 baht, the compensation for this gross incompetence should be several thousand baht. 

20 hours ago, Patong2 said:

Flying on a budget airline?

Life''s too short to put up with the aggravation of cheap airlines

Frankly airfares all round have got too cheap.

Now a days you are surrounded with noisy, unwashed, and ill mannered people and their screaming kids.

There was a time when people got dressed up to fly

lol your reasoning suggests better dressed people are better mannered, more civil, perhaps smarter better educated.

guess if airlines started a dress code you'd get better passengers?  does a dress code make for higher quality patrons at a discotheque-nightclub?  or just that the low lives dress differently? so to speak.

dressed up noisy, unwashed ill mannered is certainly better

21 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, we can agree that it's not worthwhile getting angry with the staff, but, if time is money, the airlines should compensate the loss of time, at least been a bit generous with food and drinks.

Sadly not usually the airport staffs fault, more to do with the carrier.

Rotten job to be sent forth to face angry passengers. Only solution is larger punitive compensation being obligatory under these circumstances. They should have been entitled a full refund. This sounds like denied boarding and maybe 600 Euros compensation in the EU.

4 hours ago, todlad said:

One or two rational comments here. Most are just tripe. I can't wait for the day when this happens to you lot. What invective would you unleash as you announce to the world how you can organise both airline and airport better than anyone?

You have no idea who this man was and you have no idea what he was missing out on by not being able to get to Singapore. If you are retired with only time to kill and beer to swill, life is slower and less focused I suppose.

250 Baht vouchers? They are a joke but he was stranded. What are his dietary needs? Did he have cash/access to cash? What about his medical needs?

You Thai bashers and bashers in general have shown your true colours yet again.

please take your lithium, haldol and lye down and relax.  not worth living life through the tv forum

I believe there is insurance option for Low cost carriers like Jetstar which compensates for flight delays and etc. Business travellers usually don’t fly Low cost as time is money so people should think twice if they want to fly Low cost next time. There are plenty of options for Bangkok Singapore route, it’s easy to figure out why people chooses Jetstar or other Low cost carriers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, trogers said:

Japanese ramen costs Bt360.

Thai-Chinese wontan noodles cost less than Bt250.

What did he choose?

Rubbish his entitled to eat a good meal at there expense. Disgusting behaviour by airline and the Thai side kicks.

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Rubbish his entitled to eat a good meal at there expense. Disgusting behaviour by airline and the Thai side kicks.

He wants a good meal, fly reputable airlines, not low cost. His return ticket probably only cost him Bt2,000.

IMG_20171203_160627.jpg

1 minute ago, trogers said:

He wants a good meal, fly reputable airlines, not low cost. His return ticket probably only cost him Bt2,000.

IMG_20171203_160627.jpg

Irrelevant I fly JETSTAR. So what. Your must take responsibility for your actions. 

Say what you like I don't care. 

9 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Where’s the problem?

He could have bought many meals...AND a night’s accommodation with the money he saved by using a budget carrier.

Lol lots of comedy men here. JETSTAR is a reputable airline running 1st class plane's. Your reasoning is funny but.

23 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Irrelevant I fly JETSTAR. So what. Your must take responsibility for your actions. 

Say what you like I don't care. 

Jetstar did. A voucher for Bt250 for a low cost meal matching the price of a low cost ticket.

What is a good meal to you? Mine is a Kobe sirloin steak with a bottle of red wine.

1 minute ago, trogers said:

Jetstar did. A voucher for Bt250 for a low cost meal matching the price of a low cost ticket.

What is a good meal to you? Mine is a Kobe sirloin steak with a bottle of red wine.

At a international airport it's not enough. A burger is 300 and you need a drink. This is the Thai way. Take never give

We  have all been there so can relate to him to a degree, but his reaction and anger was way over the top and i lost any sympathy for his predicament when i saw how he spoke to that young lady who was trying to reason with him and probably explain a few things.

He's heading for a heart attack carrying on like that so needs to chill out big time.

Due to incompetence or technicalities or whatever airlines come up with in terms of excuses it is the staff on the ground who have to face the brunt of angry passengers such as this chap.

Managers at the top should be made to come out and speak to customers directly.

As regards the 250 baht meal allowance that should have been more .

Never flown with this airliner but thanks for the heads up as i shall not be using them if i ever do travel to Asia again. 

38 minutes ago, zydeco said:

What language was he speaking?

Singaporean English Lah, but he was smack out of order and a bully to boot. Should have been arrested.

Edited by DipStick

Great idea having a rant at someone who neither knows nor cares why the handout isn't enough to feed a pigeon, lucky he didn't get the shirt kicked out of him for protesting.  Would have been a far more interesting story.

The poor Thai lady(I assume she is Thai) had to suffer the indignity of being shouted at. No wonder the Thais are getting sick of these tourists whether they are Farangs, Mainland Chinese, Singaporeans or Indians.

If I were in her shoes I would say to him, "Look here, since you are so rude I am taking back the meal voucher from you, because you don't deserve any meal. You go back to Singapore get a good lawyer to sue our airline for whatever you are not happy with ok? You are in Thailand and we have a polite culture" That may shut him up.

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

please take your lithium, haldol and lye down and relax.  not worth living life through the tv forum

I suppose think your comment was witty. Given your insights you will no doubt know that I relaticely rarely post here. Those drugs you mention mean nothing to me. Sorry.

If you want to post to say you were joking the the laughs on me! Well done!

One of the things that irks me about this forum includes the incessant attacks on Thai people ... most of us live in Thailand as far as i can tell and yet they write as if they despise everything and everybody here.

Secondly, Thai people are often attacked wrongly.

Thirdly, a tiny amount of research can go a long way.

Jetstar is not a Thai Airline, it is ultimately owned by Qantas although it is likely that this flight was managed out of a 51% Singapore owned subsidiary: 49% Qantas.

Apologies for all of the anti Thai libels now?

When you read Jetstar's customer guarantee, all 15 points of it, you will see that they give passengers the right to challenge their 7,000 staff at every level. I haven't watched the video but maybe the man at the centre of it wasn't the most diplomatic negotiator but he was empowered by that very airline to start the conversation there.

History tells me there is very little chance that anyone here will back track but it would be appropriate if the worst offenders would at least acknowledge that they are guilty as charged.

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

I knew nothing of Jetstar & booked with them for my Thai step-daughters'  first flight.  It was abysmal and totally spoiled my attempt at their first foreign holiday.

If it was originally an offshoot of Qantas, wouldnt it still be?