Magazines

jonnof

Hey all,

I'm working in BKK at the moment as an event producer and I need to find a magazine that can keep me up-to-date with whats cool and whats not in Thailand. Basically I need to know about Thai celebs, fashion etc.

Does anyone know of any english written magazines that can offer this info?!

Thanks

Hey all,

I'm working in BKK at the moment as an event producer and I need to find a magazine that can keep me up-to-date with whats cool and whats not in Thailand. Basically I need to know about Thai celebs, fashion etc.

Thanks

I doubt it.

Learn to read Thai,

as the Thai newspapers and magazines do cover these matter.

There is a magazine that is bangkok based, sorry I can't remember the name, but is a kind of cultural magazine, in English. Another one is called "Untamed Travel, Farang" --that covers the party scene in Thailand and SE Asia. Not sure about Thai trends in that one, but it does cover alot of events.

Hey all,

Thanks

I think someone needs to learn to read Thai - or get someone to translate for them.

Hey all,

Thanks

You can try BK Magazine - a freebie out on Fridays I think, usually available in Starbucks and other western orientated outlets

Bangkok Post has the Guru every Friday. And every other Thursday there's the more upmarket magazine.

Untamed Travel is a little generalist on SE Asia rather than focusing on Thailand.

Bangkok 101 is a small magazine which has listings

Big Chili has a lot of those photos of shop / restauarnt opening that celebs go to. But I felt it was targeted at older expats.

As others have said though, I don't think you'll get a great picture of what really is 'cool' in Thailand as these mags are aimed at expats/ tourists / thais who can speak English.