Where can I find a Cheeseburger like this here?

Chicagoan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

I'll be back in USA for Xmas and I love my burgers. Five Guys, In-N-Out, Carl's Jr are pretty much the same as each has their own following. There's a new chain called Habit which I like the best. 

Here in Pattaya,  I enjoy the Steak and Co and LIVV, both feature imported Angus wagyu beef. 

Don't know of a good burger in Pattaya, but I do not live there. I spent many years in the DC area, including time in the mid-eighties when 5G opened. Their burgers are some of the best franchise burgers available; certainly far above that trash Mickey Dee's offers. However, I believe there are many mom' n pop grilles and home barbecues in the US which offer better burgers. In my opinion, it depends on the beef, the cheese, the bun, and it must be properly grilled. I can leave the other fixings to burgers which have lesser quality beef and are poorly cooked.

6 minutes ago, smotherb said:

looks good, do you see the color of the meat?

If you read my post it says pork or beef patties. That ones a pork pattie and they are always lighter in colour than the beef ones

5 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

If you read my post it says pork or beef patties. That ones a pork pattie and they are always lighter in colour than the beef ones

Burgers are not made with pork; they must be good beef spiced only with salt, pepper and maybe some garlic. Yes, my opinion, it's the only opinion I have. Apparently, you are talking about Aussie sandwiches. If you like them, fine. I had one in Samui a while ago, not bad, but it was not a burger.

8 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Burgers are not made with pork; they must be good beef spiced only with salt, pepper and maybe some garlic. Yes, my opinion, it's the only opinion I have. Apparently, you are talking about Aussie sandwiches. If you like them, fine. I had one in Samui a while ago, not bad, but it was not a burger.

It is you opinion and that is fine but when I was selling between 50 to 60 pork burgers compared to 5 to 10 beef burgers a day to Thais then I think their opinion tells me something. Plus the Thai's preferred Chilli sauce instead of B-B-Q or Tomato sauce. You give the customer what they want, but as for an Aussie sandwiche, I don't know what you are talking about because these burgers have been made like this at the old style hamburger shops for many, many years.

Edited by Russell17au

Just now, Russell17au said:

It is you opinion and that is fine but when I was selling between 50 to 60 pork burgers compared to 5 to 10 beef burgers a day to Thais then I think their opinion tells me something.

Thais know burgers? Please, they do not know a good burger because they have likely never had one, same with the Aussies. And the beef part is not just my opinion:

ham·burg·er
ˈhamˌbərɡər/
noun
noun: hamburger; plural noun: hamburgers
  1. a round patty of ground beef, fried or grilled and typically served on a bun or roll and garnished with various condiments.
    • North American
      ground beef.
Origin
late 19th century (originally US): from German, from Hamburg1.

Translate hamburger to

Use over time for: hamburger
image.png.990842a469fd55b4c10812975762a2cf.png

Translations, word origin, and more definitions
Definition of hamburger for English Language Learners. : a flat, usually round cake of finely chopped beef that is cooked and served usually in a roll or bun. : beef that has been cut into very small pieces : ground beef.

Hamburger | Define Hamburger at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/hamburger
noun. a flat fried cake of minced beef, often served in a bread roll Also called Hamburger steak, beefburger. C20: shortened from Hamburger steak (that is, steak in the fashion of Hamburg) Word Origin and History for hamburger. n.

Definition of hamburger - a flat round cake of minced beef, fried or grilled and typically served in a bread roll garnished with various condiments.  

image.png

Richman Poorman Soi 9 in Jomtien makes the best tasting beef patty imho. Eddie uses wagyu and a small amount of Thai beef, very juicy and flavorful. He grinds his own.

From his Facebook page,

Wagyu beef,Thai French Beef and 100% Cheddar Cheese with lettuce, tomato, carmelized onions, pickles, special sauce on Brioche Sesame Seed Bun. Served with cole slawor potao salad. Hamburger.IMG_7316.JPGIMG_7317.JPGIMG_7318.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I assume the yellow things are potatoes, but what is the red stuff?

That's sweet potato chips made in the hot air oven.  And red cabbage with carrots and pumpkin in a home made vinaigrette sauce.  And avocados on the burger!

48 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Thais know burgers? Please, they do not know a good burger because they have likely never had one, same with the Aussies. And the beef part is not just my opinion:

ham·burg·er
ˈhamˌbərɡər/
noun
noun: hamburger; plural noun: hamburgers
  1. a round patty of ground beef, fried or grilled and typically served on a bun or roll and garnished with various condiments.
    • North American
      ground beef.
Origin

late 19th century (originally US): from German, from Hamburg1.

Translate hamburger to

Use over time for: hamburger
image.png.990842a469fd55b4c10812975762a2cf.png

Definition of hamburger for English Language Learners. : a flat, usually round cake of finely chopped beef that is cooked and served usually in a roll or bun. : beef that has been cut into very small pieces : ground beef.

Hamburger | Define Hamburger at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/hamburger
noun. a flat fried cake of minced beef, often served in a bread roll Also called Hamburger steak, beefburger. C20: shortened from Hamburger steak (that is, steak in the fashion of Hamburg) Word Origin and History for hamburger. n.

Definition of hamburger - a flat round cake of minced beef, fried or grilled and typically served in a bread roll garnished with various condiments.  

image.png

I am very glad that you cleared that up because it shows that you only search for Hamburgers when in fact there are many different types of BURGERS and even this thread is a question about CHEESEBURGERS. Fact that there are Fish burgers, Chicken burgers, Cheese burgers, Vegie burgers, Rice burgers, Pork burgers and even Steak burgers. So that shows that you do not know what you are talking about

OMG was ok when I had one but quite small.

Pleasant in the mouth but not much flavour.

Hemingways does a decent enough burger being a good size with decent flavour but I thing the mince was over worked.

I try to make my own for the most part although I was in Friendship a few days ago & mince round was 350/kg while you could but round steak for 315/kg.

It made no sense to me at all.

I like to mix in some pork fat for flavour in the raw mix.

Their burger buns are not bad either.

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I am very glad that you cleared that up because it shows that you only search for Hamburgers when in fact there are many different types of BURGERS and even this thread is a question about CHEESEBURGERS. Fact that there are Fish burgers, Chicken burgers, Cheese burgers, Vegie burgers, Rice burgers, Pork burgers and even Steak burgers. So that shows that you do not know what you are talking about

My good man, the Chicagoan is asking beef burgers, the picture shows Five Guys burgers and they are beef, adding cheese does not make them another meat. The 5G burgers are definitely not fish, chicken, pork, veggies, or rice.

If you seriously think someone who says,

"Where can I find a Cheeseburger like this here?"

and then gives you a picture of a 5Gs burger, would accept other meats as a reasonable facsimile; you, are the one who does not know what you are talking about.

However, it is easy to solve this; Chicagoan, would you think a sandwich like Russel17au posted would satisfy your desire for a 5G burger? 

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Sorry, I missed your first faux pas. This only seems to prove your ignorance on the subject; you see a cheeseburger is a hamburger, with cheese on it 

cheese·burg·er
ˈCHēzˌbərɡər/
noun
noun: cheeseburger; plural noun: cheeseburgers
  1. a hamburger with a slice of cheese on it.

Translate cheeseburger to

Use over time for: cheeseburger
image.png.598e7a16ad0c402bf052e83a75e7dbdd.png

Cheeseburger | Define Cheeseburger at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/cheeseburger
Cheeseburger definition, a hamburger cooked with a slice of cheese on top of it. See more.
Definition of cheeseburger - a beefburger with a slice of cheese on it, served in a bread roll.

Definition of cheeseburger. : a hamburger topped with a slice of cheese. First Known Use: 1928.

Edited by smotherb

6 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Sorry, I missed your first faux pas. This only seems to prove your ignorance on the subject; you see a cheeseburger is a hamburger, with cheese on it 

cheese·burg·er
ˈCHēzˌbərɡər/
noun
noun: cheeseburger; plural noun: cheeseburgers
  1. a hamburger with a slice of cheese on it.

Translate cheeseburger to

Use over time for: cheeseburger
image.png.598e7a16ad0c402bf052e83a75e7dbdd.png

Cheeseburger | Define Cheeseburger at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/cheeseburger
Cheeseburger definition, a hamburger cooked with a slice of cheese on top of it. See more.
Definition of cheeseburger - a beefburger with a slice of cheese on it, served in a bread roll.

Definition of cheeseburger. : a hamburger topped with a slice of cheese. First Known Use: 1928.

ha, ha, ha, ha,

OPEN your eyes and look at the cheeseburger that the OP is talking about and you will see that it is not a hamburger with cheese it is a cheeseburger, it does not have the lettuce, tomato and other salad type things like a hamburger does. You can show all you want from the wikipedia but it is what the OP is looking for. You just can't open your eyes and look at the OP picture, plus it means that American stores like McDonald's, Burger King and others do not know what they are selling or they are only interetested in ripping people off and the 5G's is not a cheeseburger either then according to you. RUBBISH

Just now, Russell17au said:

ha, ha, ha, ha,

OPEN your eyes and look at the cheeseburger that the OP is talking about and you will see that it is not a hamburger with cheese it is a cheeseburger, it does not have the lettuce, tomato and other salad type things like a hamburger does. You can show all you want from the wikipedia but it is what the OP is looking for. You just can't open your eyes and look at the OP picture, plus it means that American stores like McDonald's, Burger King and others do not know what they are selling or they are only interetested in ripping people off and the 5G's is not a cheeseburger either then according to you. RUBBISH

Oh please, you are playing games. Wikipedia? Did you not see Merriam-Webster and Oxford dictionaries? You overlook way too much my friend, I'll wager your sandwiches do too.

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Oh please, you are playing games. Wikipedia? Did you not see Merriam-Webster and Oxford dictionaries? You overlook way too much my friend, I'll wager your sandwiches do too.

Typical, must revert to try with insults but guess what you I would prefer to take notice of the OP and the other posters on here that know what they call things than you. I know that I have a successful business here making burgers that my customers want and enjoy. I even make cheeseburgers that do not have any salad on them like what the OP is asking about