Offensive Conclusion?

ClutchClark

This is a recent video clip between two US Lawmakers. 

I would be interested in hearing opinions on whether this man's response is inappropriate and why. 

I was attempting to explain to someone why I found it offensive but fsiled to properly articulate why.

I guess I didn’t see the accuser as polite.

Is the man who did the touching a gay man?

if not then isn’t the accusal he must be gay simply because he made a physical contact with another make somewhat insulting?

Isn’t it similar to calling someone gay as a slur?

I am just trying to better understand the accusers reaction which seems very over-the-top to me and appears to have taken the speaker quite off guard as well.

Thanks for your response.

15 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

I didn t see where he called the man gay.  I watched twice.  I saw no slur, no put down.  

“I don’t like men as you might” seemed to me like an accusal  the bald headed speaker was gay because of the single gesture of touching the accusers clothed arm for one second.

I heard there is a movement now to remove that homophobic lunatic from office. Not sure about that, but he definitely has a mental problem. It's irrelevant whether the man he was reacting to is gay or not. There was obviously nothing sexual, in any way, about the touch made in the video. 

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I heard there is a movement now to remove that homophobic lunatic from office. Not sure about that, but he definitely has a mental problem. It's irrelevant whether the man he was reacting to is gay or not. There was obviously nothing sexual, in any way, about the touch made in the video. 

JT,

I agree the “outburst” was offensive regardless the sexual orientation of the targeted individual; however, I do think that if the bald guy was not openly k own to be gay then the crazy man attempted to insult the bald guy further by insinuating he was gay.

Mind you, that is how some very conservative men continue to throw insult to straight men...by openly questioning their sexuality.

Politicians never do cease to amaze me regardless their red or blue outfits and this guy is no exception.

It is a real irony our politicians are called, “Leaders”.

"I am hetrosexual, I don 't like men as you might" and for that a poster calls him a

" homophobic lunatic ".

This is why so many men stay closeted.  Over the top reaction to a perceived or imagined put down is not going to help the cause.  Makes all gay men seem weak and sissy's.

What do you think of Caitlyn Jenner's interview.  Is she a "homophobic lunatic"

5 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

"I am hetrosexual, I don 't like men as you might" and for that a poster calls him a

" homophobic lunatic ".

This is why so many men stay closeted.  Over the top reaction to a perceived or imagined put down is not going to help the cause.  Makes all gay men seem weak and sissy's.

What do you think of Caitlyn Jenner's interview.  Is she a "homophobic lunatic"

I think he was considered a "lunatic" because his behavior was extreme for the circumstances. 

I understand he has been called "homophobic" as a result of statements he has made elsewhere and not specific to this outburst.  

I believe it is possible for someone to be "homophobic" and NOT also be a "lunatic". Nothing in Caitlyn Jenner's behavior during this interview suggests "lunatic". I did not see any moment where she had an outburst.

Archived