Superpoll: US Nationals most happy in Thailand and foreigners think Prayut is doing better than the Thais

rooster59

Superpoll: US Nationals most happy in Thailand and foreigners think Prayut is doing better than the Thais

Tourism-Thailand.jpg

The latest "Superpoll" has revealed that Americans are the happiest people in Thailand.

While foreigners gave Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha a better rating than the Thais.

Americans rated 7.68 on the happiness index with Europeans, Chinese and ASEAN visitors trailing in their wake.

Out of the 831 respondents in the poll, conducted from November 1st to December 8th, the following percentages were obtained about why visitors were here:

Rest from work         52.3%
Tourism                     46.8%
Visiting friends          13.1%
Trade Shows             11.1%
Seminars                     8.9%
Visiting relatives          8.1%

Another 10.5% said they were in Thailand for meetings, business, governmental business among other things.

Asked about the best thing about Thailand the foreigners said:

82.8%    Tourist places
79.7%    Nature and the environment
79.1%    The safety of the food
77.5%    The economic development of Thailand
77.2%    Infrastructure - such as airports, Skytrain, MRT and mobile networks.

Asked to rate PM Prayut's performance on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the best foreigners gave him a 5.32 score while the Thais polled were less enthusiastic - giving him just a 4.55 rating. 

The main points of the "superpoll" were reported by Daily News.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-09

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horseshit. It doesn't say what these people were doing in Thailand (and hence their suitability to give honest answers to all questions).

My guess would be that most Americans visiting Thailand on holiday would be clueless about who Prayuth is. And those who do know he is a junta leader.

Absurd

11 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Out of the 831 respondents in the poll, conducted from November 1st to December 8th,

With so many people to interview, I'm so surprised it was done in such a short period of time ! :cheesy:

Same shit, different day.

i'm American and i am happy here so count me. 5555

Out of the 831 respondents in the poll, conducted from November 1st to December 8th, the following percentages were obtained about why visitors were here:

not one person asked lives here??

36 minutes ago, rooster59 said:
Asked about the best thing about Thailand the foreigners said:...

77.5% said that the best thing about Thailand was the economic development?

Whaaaaaaaat?

The authors of this story about a poll are so brain-damaged that they should be forced to wear a helmet 24/7 for their own protection.

It doesn't sound too far off base.  It is an easy place to live - safe, cheap (not like it used to be but mai pen arai), good food, stable government, generally nice folks, lots of fun distractions.  As for Prayuth, I've been here for 9 or 10 Prime Ministers and 2 military coups and Prayuth seems OK.  Sure, sure you can scream "junta! junta!" but really, things are a whole lot better than the Red Shirt terror or, a couple of years later, the standoff between the Reds and Yellows.  And honestly, it does not affect our ex-pat lives, does it.   No, it doesn't.

Edited by Bobobirdiebuddy

31 minutes ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

It doesn't sound too far off base.  It is an easy place to live - safe, cheap (not like it used to be but mai pen arai), good food, stable government, generally nice folks, lots of fun distractions.  As for Prayuth, I've been here for 9 or 10 Prime Ministers and 2 military coups and Prayuth seems OK.  Sure, sure you can scream "junta! junta!" but really, things are a whole lot better than the Red Shirt terror or, a couple of years later, the standoff between the Reds and Yellows.  And honestly, it does not affect our ex-pat lives, does it.   No, it doesn't.

Stable government ? An illegal government you mean. The stability is ensured because of a barrel of a gun and no oversight at all. Yeah right. Things are not a whole lot better, but what do you know, you just live in your expat bubble, for as long as they allow you to be in the country. 

Me too I would vote for him but not in a good way, but there again I am English so have a better understanding I suppose.

Hey you know that thing you are sat on and what comes out of it, same goes for this statement.

46 minutes ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

Biggest load of rear end stuff I have ever read, Expat who has lived here so long he has forgot what life is about.

What a load of waffle! 

Tourist places - swarming with tuktuk drivers, various vendors, etc. who can sometimes be obnoxiously persistant. Quiet often these places are filthy!
Nature and the environment - poluted and just filthy!
The safety of the food - they obviously haven't read the article last week re the level of pesticides in our food chain. 
The economic development of Thailand - good point. It has developed for better or for worse remains to be seen. 
Infrastructure - such as airports - ok.
Skytrain MRT - both are usually ok. Thankfully I don't usually have to take either during rush hour. mobile networks - varies. Sometimes quiet slow, but usually good. 
Edited by djayz

82.8%    Tourist places - with 82% of respondents being blissfully unaware that they were actually charged ten times the entrance fee of a local because they couldn't read the Thai figures posted

79.7%    Nature and the environment - with 78.6% of respondents reporting they enjoyed rubbish-strewn beaches and national parks

79.1%    The safety of the food - with 79.1% of respondents having been interviewed at Mama Pui's banana pancake & muesli stall in Khaosan Road, which they frequent daily and exclusively,  and saying they didn't mind that Mama cleaned the plates in the same bowl of water all day long as it delivered the "real ethnic experience" they longed for so much

77.5%    The economic development of Thailand - with 77.5% later admitting that they were actually only interested in the THB exchange rate and how much a pair of fisherman's pants and rasta beads cost

77.2%    Infrastructure - such as airports, Skytrain, MRT and mobile networks - with 0% of respondents having been interviewed in Buriram or Mukdahan

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:
82.8%    Tourist places

what no sex    ?     :shock1:     

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Another 10.5% said they were in Thailand for meetings, business, governmental business among other things.

Add the above = 141.9%

Add the figures below = 396.3% 

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:
Asked about the best thing about Thailand the foreigners said:

82.8%    Tourist places

If you look at what's been happening in the US where crime, and shooting, and safety in the cities is non-existent, Thailand is not a bad place to be. Add the the MAHA (Make America Hate Again) Trump strategy for dividing the country and I'm damned glad to call this my home now (not my country...I'll always love my homeland but this is my home and I'm setting down roots here)

i'm American and i am happy here so count me. 5555

Out of the 831 respondents in the poll, conducted from November 1st to December 8th, the following percentages were obtained about why visitors were here:   Rest from work         52.3% Tourism                     46.8% Visiting friends          13.1% Trade Shows             11.1% Seminars                     8.9% Visiting relatives          8.1%  

Well they won't ask them will they? They may have an informed view on what is going on ...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

To precis : I'm all right Jack.

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well they won't ask them will they? They may have an informed view on what is going on ...

The poll asked why visitors were here so it seems to make sense they would not ask full-time residents.