Video: Controversial "net idol" dragged to the cells after E-Cigarette found in her car

webfact

Video: Controversial "net idol" dragged to the cells after E-Cigarette found in her car

1pm.jpg

Picture: Siam News

A controversial net idol had to be dragged to the Pattaya police station cells after being arrested when cops at a checkpoint found an E-Cigarette and vaping fluid.

thumbnail_Snapshot-5-10-12-2560-7-45.jpg

Picture: Siam News

Cops led by Chainarong Chai-in had set up the checkpoint to guard against crime and illegal activity when they saw a suspicious Mitsubishi car approaching.

It was driven by Manusaya Yaowarat, 29 who is better known as Fluksri Maneedeng.

She courted controversy in October 2016 when she showed her nipples on Facebook and was forced to apologize.

She admitted the incriminating e-cigarette and fluid was hers bought at a cost of 5,000 baht.

A video at the station went from her being interviewed relatively calmly with her being dragged to the cells by several officers as she fought back and fell over several times.

She screams: "What have I done wrong? Why are you jailing me?"

Siam News reported that the net idol also appeared to be drunk.

Source: Siam News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-11

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she has been treated like that for possession of an e-cigarette then this place is even crazier than I thought. Probably gives us an idea of what to expect though, once the no smoking on the beach kicks into play, with many unwilling to go to the cells for their terrible "crime."

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

If she has been treated like that for possession of an e-cigarette then this place is even crazier than I thought. Probably gives us an idea of what to expect though, once the no smoking on the beach kicks into play, with many unwilling to go to the cells for their terrible "crime."

Jump out of your with a baseball bat or golf club and smash someone car up 500bt fine smoke an E-cigarette and its a night in the cells. I actually find it disgusting the E-cigarettes are made illegal to keep the Tax money rolling in. 

What stupidity. She gets manhandled for a minor offense, and yet the  jet ski and tuk tuk thugs of Patong are allowed to do as they please.  Thailan's coppers have their priorities screwed up.

BTW, anyone else notice the  violation of  acceptable procedures? Police women are supposed to  "handle" female detainees. Maybe the  RTP should investigate their  boys for this.

So the cops never sought to prove the person was driving while drunk, and instead were grilling them about an e-cig machine.

How is possession of it even worthy of a night in the cells. The authorities disgracing themselves as standard ??

20 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Jump out of your with a baseball bat or golf club and smash someone car up 500bt fine smoke an E-cigarette and its a night in the cells. I actually find it disgusting the E-cigarettes are made illegal to keep the Tax money rolling in. 

Agree, it is disgusting. Unfortunately E cigarettes threaten the profit of the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly (that's actually their name believe it or not but at least they are honest about it!), that's serious. Violence between the serfs, not serious. 

As soon as TTM start profiting from E Cigarettes, they'll be declared legal and healthy. 

Can you imagine what the reaction will be if a video like this appears in the UK of an English person being dragged away for something as pathetically minor as an e-cigarette? If they think tourist numbers are low now, that should totally sink it. Morons.

31 minutes ago, z42 said:

So the cops never sought to prove the person was driving while drunk, and instead were grilling them about an e-cig machine.

How is possession of it even worthy of a night in the cells. The authorities disgracing themselves as standard ??

... and probably gave the machine back to her upon release...   ... so they can catch her - again!

12 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Can you imagine what the reaction will be if a video like this appears in the UK of an English person being dragged away for something as pathetically minor as an e-cigarette? If they think tourist numbers are low now, that should totally sink it. Morons.

Why should there be any reaction but to condemn such morons and  idiots what would openly flaunt Thai law? The UK Foreign office has issued advisories to travelers to leave there ecigs and vape gear at home. Now warning is played on the arrival customs and immigration Video on all TG flights now. 

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. 

https://www.travelwires.com/travel-warning-e-cigarettes-are-illegal-in-thailand-686

I can't believe there is not more to the story here....   She must have been rather 'lippy' with the BiB for them to react so firmly.

It's fairly common knowledge that if when stopped by the BiB you start giving the 'Big I AM' when you are not a 'Big I AM' you will receive some firm treatment, conversely if you are polite you are not going to be treated harshly. 

I assume they used the E-Ciggarete as an excuse to exact a little revenge, to teach her a lesson, to remind her who is in charge.

So, I don't think she spent a night in the cells for having an E-Ciggarette, she spent a night in the cells for poor behavior when confronted by the BiB and the E-Cig was simply a means by which she could be arrested. 

All of that Said: The Anti-Vaping laws here in Thailand are ridiculous and the story itself is a measure of how unjust people can be treated if the BiB choose to push their limits of enforcement for whatever reasons... Its tantamount to a crime against civil rights and would be so in many other countries. 

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

agreed; stories like this, based on laws like this are accelerating my slide from skepticism to cynicism to outright loss of hope

Siam News reported that the net idol also appeared to be drunk.

So a person who appears to be under the influence either alcohol or another substance -- that was stopped at a checkpoint (and questioned about other illegal items in her possession).... should be allowed to drive away ???  

That is what some of the commenters seem to be saying...

3 hours ago, trogers said:

Ahhh... the kind of characters being idolised in this time and age. No wonder they say we are approaching the End Time.

You misunderstand.

Net Idol is a job. Internet users pay to watch her videos and livecasts by electronic payments.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can't believe there is not more to the story here....   She must have been rather 'lippy' with the BiB for them to react so firmly.

It's fairly common knowledge that if when stopped by the BiB you start giving the 'Big I AM' when you are not a 'Big I AM' you will receive some firm treatment, conversely if you are polite you are not going to be treated harshly. 

I assume they used the E-Ciggarete as an excuse to exact a little revenge, to teach her a lesson, to remind her who is in charge.

So, I don't think she spent a night in the cells for having an E-Ciggarette, she spent a night in the cells for poor behavior when confronted by the BiB and the E-Cig was simply a means by which she could be arrested. 

All of that Said: The Anti-Vaping laws here in Thailand are ridiculous and the story itself is a measure of how unjust people can be treated if the BiB choose to push their limits of enforcement for whatever reasons... Its tantamount to a crime against civil rights and would be so in many other countries. 

All very possible and very true. She could also have refused to pay on the spot. This gives the police the option of letting her go or officially charging her which means locking her up. Those late night checkpoints can be very aggressive money collection points.

Archived