Video: "Macho man cop" gets out to warn woman about "cutting in front of me"

webfact

Video: "Macho man cop" gets out to warn woman about "cutting in front of me"

vi.JPG

Picture: TNews

A dash cam video is doing the rounds of social media after a man who appears to be a special forces policeman gets out of a pick-up to warn a bemused woman in a car with her kid about her driving.

The video may be of interest to national police chief Jakthip Chaijinda who issued a high priority directive to officers to smarten up their act and treat the public respectfully.

The woman in the car is chatting normally with her daughter in slow moving traffic. Due to some work being carried out in the left lane it is necessary to be patient and move lanes but the woman appears to have right of way as the police pick up on her left tries to move over.

He then hoots at her to stop which she does though she is unsure why.

He then gets out and struts over like a "macho man" to the woman who winds down her window, reported Tnews.

He demands: "What sort of driving is that? You pushed in and cut in front of me".

Clearly feeling threatened she apologizes and the man gets back in his pick-up.

She then says to herself how she is really feeling by saying "Guan teen", a Thai expletive that expresses extreme annoyance.

The whole incident was caught on dash cam in clear video and sound quality.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-15

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just another typical bully. Thinks he's a someone.

Reminds me of the old guy at the bank who wanted to push in front of everyone because he was "depositing a lot of money". Missus told him to queue like everyone else. A woman who clearly doesn't respect these parts of her own culture. Seemed like everyone else in the bank was happy with what she said as well. 

Did he show her his police ID? He wasn't wearing a uniform and didn't have the obligatory sunglasses and face mask to avoid identification when fleecing motorists.

His vehicle didn't have a police registration. It did have red/blue flashing lights - as does everyone and his dog.

I can't quite see what it says in Thai on his rear windscreen, although the last word might be "special".

Special what? Special needs I wouldn't wonder.

he did not have right of way, he did not indicate and he had to give way to her in any case. He needs to be raked over the coals for this, again we see the "do you know who I am " attitude of the cops, they let the power of being a cop go to their head, he should be made to apologize publicly for this on his hands and knees

Edited by seajae

4 minutes ago, seajae said:

he did not have right of way, he did not indicate and he had to give way to her in any case. He needs to be raked over the coals for this, again we see the "do you know who I am " attitude of the cops, they let the power of being a cop go to their head, he should be made to apologize publicly for this on his hands and knees

If only.

Unfortunately, the driver is probably not a soap actress, so therefore not deemed worth apologising to.

The cop was trying to overtake another vehicle from the left side?????????

how many traffic violations can be seen in that very short clip starting with the white truck with the large silver box on the back cutting in from the far right?

The cop was wrong, I wonder if this is not part of the problem, a large part of the problem.

I made it 50/50 fault. If she wasn't so busy chatting with her daughter she could have seen the upcoming hazard on the left and known he had nowhere and would be moving to the right. I do not say it's right or wrong, it's just the way they drive in Thailand.

The policeman did not speak bad or with lack of respect. He merely pointed out why she hadn't allowed him to get in the lane. I say it was 50-50.

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Notice the cop did not stop at the hoist working with no advanced signage and boom projecting into traffic without being coned off maybe he just missed that one?

Trying to be positive, maybe he's just a wannabe that was jockeying it somewhere for service and power tripping. It's common sense giving a wide right of way to anything resembling legends in their own minds. 

She should have been polite and gave way  it was clear he needed to cut into the next lane as the car in front had and she either deliberately or by just not paying attention accelerated forward and cut him off.- typical Thai driving they will just not give way to other cars even though they have no where to go in heavy traffic. Thaought he was well controlled and hopefully she and others learned a lesson in polite driving