Phuket readies for Christmas, New Year road safety onslaught

webfact

Phuket readies for Christmas, New Year road safety onslaught

The Phuket News

1513313162_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong

PHUKET: Top Phuket officials joined a live video conference with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Prawit Wongsuwon broadcast from the Ministry of Defense yesterday (Dec 14) to go over road safety during the upcoming long holidays for Christmas and New Year Festival.

Present at Phuket Provincial Hall for the video conference was Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong and representing the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Phuket Office (DDPM-Phuket) was Mongkol Temrat.

The DDPM-Phuket office as usual will be co-ordinating the upcoming annual Seven Days of Danger road-safety campaign over the New Year, but this year the campaign has been branded “7-7-7” to mark the seven days leading up to and the seven days after traditionally one of the most dangerous weeks to be on Thailand’s roads.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-readies-for-christmas-new-year-road-safety-onslaught-65147.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-12-15

Yep mate of mine the other nite driving in Laguna home from a bar, had one drink (beer)

pulled off on back road where they love to operate and was shaken down, told well over

the limit, he didnt want to argue they asked for a lot of money but he only had 4,000 thb

in his wallet so they took that and let him on his way.. he was leaving next day and just

didnt need the hassle .... i would have insisted take me to the police station and then

blood testing assuming he was correct and had one beer...

few of us have bought own breath testers S80 Bactrack and when stopped have pulled our

own testers out to show them, they a bit stumped. we also have a letter in thai/english showing

the cops our rights...

in australia if you are stopped you are asked when you had last drink you always reply 1 minute ago then

they must allow you i think 20-30 minutes for alcohol on breath to dissipate ... the best you can do here

is bottle of water rinse, spit out do this a few times, then do very strong hyper-ventilating this also

helps with the water to reduce the strength of alcohol on the breath it works as i have tested this numerous

times on the Breath-Tester i have..

in Phuket they will hang around on the back road from Villa Market to Catch club and just past Benny's Bar

and Grill restaurant on the small bridge, also all around the back roads of laguna looking to catch you leaving

from the bars in this area...

stay to the main roads and use small soi's where there is really no traffic...

good luck over the break and be careful...

13 minutes ago, aussieinphuket said:

Yep mate of mine the other nite driving in Laguna home from a bar, had one drink (beer)

pulled off on back road where they love to operate and was shaken down, told well over

the limit, he didnt want to argue they asked for a lot of money but he only had 4,000 thb

in his wallet so they took that and let him on his way.. he was leaving next day and just

didnt need the hassle .... i would have insisted take me to the police station and then

few of us have bought own breath testers S80 Bactrack and when stopped have pulled our

own testers out to show them, they a bit stumped. we also have a letter in thai/english showing

the cops our rights...

in australia if you are stopped you are asked when you had last drink you always reply 1 minute ago then

they must allow you i think 20-30 minutes for alcohol on breath to dissipate ... the best you can do here

is bottle of water rinse, spit out do this a few times, then do very strong hyper-ventilating this also

helps with the water to reduce the strength of alcohol on the breath it works as i have tested this numerous

in Phuket they will hang around on the back road from Villa Market to Catch club and just past Benny's Bar

and Grill restaurant on the small bridge, also all around the back roads of laguna looking to catch you leaving

May we have a look on your letter of your rights?

After Christmas invading Thailand I have always been wondering what the Thais (not with a western foreigner) really think about all things Christmas in their Buddhist country. I mean its gone crazy, the Christmas three outside Central is as great as the one in London and do you believe it, here one day we got a well made catalogue in the post from Home works with only things Christmas.:crazy:

Edited by Felt 35

23 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

After Christmas invading Thailand I have always been wondering what the Thais (not with a western foreigner) really think about all things Christmas in their Buddhist country. I mean its gone crazy, the Christmas three outside Central is as great as the one in London and do you believe it, here one day we got a well made catalogue in the post from Home works with only things Christmas.:crazy:

Malaysia is catching up quickly. Also everywhere Christmas things now. It was driving me nuts sitting in new A350 in C and had to listen Jingle Bells on the whole flight from PEN to KUL.?

33 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

What do Thais think ..... money money money to be made.

8 hours ago, aussieinphuket said:

the cops our rights...

People buying their own breath analyzers to proof they have not had a drink, I'm sorry, but I don't trust that 'have not had a drink'.

9 hours ago, aussieinphuket said:

the cops our rights...

Great advice

Or better still...... 

Don't drink any and drive.