• Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's crystal clear by now that the vast majority of the OVER 30 deleted votes for Craig, which cannot be revoted in the poll, will not ever be impacting on this current poll.

How many do you think are going to bother to PM a mod to vote?
One or two?

Well your man dropped out you don't really need to have a second choice........unless sour grapes makes for a vote 'against' the favourite

darksidedog said:
...Speaking of which, I currently have nearly six likes per post

likes do not necessarily represent the value of advice a member renders (or tries to render). critique, even if constructive, and pointing at gross misinformation hampers the award of likes. it is however rather easy to collect likes by agreeing with the mainstream joining the chorus which condemns the generally stupid, treacherous, cheating Thai population as well as ridiculing Thai traditions and accepted standards and thereby forgetting that we foreigners are guests in this country.

all afore-said of course based on my wellknown [not so] humble opinion.

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Well your man dropped out you don't really need to have a second choice........unless sour grapes makes for a vote 'against' the favourite

I don't share your POV. The voters that have had their votes DISENFRANCHISED are of such a great number that the result with those votes lost becomes suspect. 

30 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

To be honest with you I don't recall ever seeing your status update request re the tunnel, which I recall had more than one issue with water before it ever opened, so in point of fact, I didn't ignore it.

In point of fact, you did. Here ya go:

On 7/5/2017 at 8:58 AM, darksidedog said:

Oh surprise, surprise! A bodge job and delays on a project in Pattaya. I don't know why they bother giving us "opening dates' for anything here, as I am yet to see anything actually hit the target. They would be better off just being honest and saying we have no idea how many cock ups we are going to have to fix, so it will open when it does. I am going to watch with great interest to see what happens when it REALLY rains. I suspect more pesky underground water will mysteriously appear.

On 12/9/2017 at 3:48 PM, JSixpack said:

OK, now that you've watched throughout the rainy season, please inform us of your findings. And did your deep, dark suspicions about the "bodge job" that seems to have won approval around here prove founded after all?

To continue:

Now, re my post of this morning, does that sort of thing happen elsewhere? Yes, I guess it does, but in my experience, having worked over very large chunks of the world, it happens a lot more here than other places.

But of course that's not what you said or implied, you see. And your experience is still quite limited. Google will help you out.

significant number of people "liked" that post, so it seems many agree with my comment.

Speaking of which, I currently have nearly six likes per post across the board, while you have less then 0.5, so that seems to hold true with much of what I post.

That's my point. The peanut gallery loves to hear "Thais are stupid and incompetent," which is the raison d'etre of so many of your posts. Feeds the bigotry. So, members should know this is what they're voting for and this is what's in the lead.

Edited by JSixpack

1 minute ago, Naam said:

likes do not necessarily represent the value of advice a member renders (or tries to render). critique, even if constructive, and pointing at gross misinformation hampers the award of likes. it is however rather easy to collect likes by agreeing with the mainstream joining the chorus which condemns the generally stupid, treacherous, cheating Thai population as well as ridiculing Thai traditions and accepted standards and thereby forgetting that we foreigners are guests in this country.

So you're still aiming for the 'most hated poster on TV'' accolade then?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't share your POV. The voters that have had their votes DISENFRANCHISED are of such a great number that the result with those votes lost becomes suspect. 

Your horse pulled up and now you want a stewards enquiry - really

Keep it up jing if nothing else you make for a lively thread

9 minutes ago, Naam said:

You deserve 10 likes for your post.

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's crystal clear by now that the vast majority of the OVER 30 deleted votes for Craig, which cannot be revoted in the poll, will not ever be impacting on this current poll.

How many do you think are going to bother to PM a mod to vote?
One or two?

Craig opted out by choice. 

I only knew him as a poster not as a mod and enjoy his input.

Others tell a different story.

If he was threatened or his privacy was breached he has every right to let it go.

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Your horse pulled up and now you want a stewards enquiry - really

Keep it up jing if nothing else you make for a lively thread

It's not up to me.

I've made a solid suggestion on how to fix the damage done to the integrity of this election caused by allowing Craig to exit.
A final final one on one with the top two.

Transam has already made it clear he's ready to take an ASTERISKS win. 

So that's almost definitely how it's going to happen, because like I said, the deleted Craig votes mostly won't be redone because the poll technology won't allow it. 

So jumping the gun ...

CONGRATULATIONS to TRANSAM* for "winning*" POTY 2017*

:partytime2:

* Over 30 votes, much more than the decisive margin, were disenfranchised  

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not up to me.

I've made a solid suggestion on how to fix the damage done to the integrity of this election caused by allowing Craig to exit.
A final final one on one with the top two.

Transam has already made it clear he's ready to take an ASTERISKS win. 

So that's almost definitely how it's going to happen, because like I said, the deleted Craig votes mostly won't be redone because the poll technology won't allow it. 

So jumping the gun ...

CONGRATULATIONS to TRANSAM* for "winning*" POTY 2017*

:partytime2:

*However the possibility the margin would have been greater had the votes been re-cast is also accepted

14 minutes ago, sipi said:

Craig opted out by choice. 

I only knew him as a poster not as a mod and enjoy his input.

Others tell a different story.

If he was threatened or his privacy was breached he has every right to let it go.

I think a few great posters have opted out over the years. In the end the whole concept was a massive troll from the outset, which the original creater of it will freely admit, that has got funnier every year as some posters get more and more desperate to with a contest that is an ironic troll. 

4 minutes ago, hangdonger said:

I think a few great posters have opted out over the years. In the end the whole concept was a massive troll from the outset, which the original creater of it will freely admit, that has got funnier every year as some posters get more and more desperate to with a contest that is an ironic troll. 

All hail smokie. 

In years to come I can regale my Grandchildren of stories about how I was a first round nominee in the TVF POTY 2017 competition.

I can imagine the look of awe, wonder and sneaking admiration that Gramps had such stature in such an infamous brawl.

Whoever wins this year will go down in history as one of the TVF greats, mired in controversy and skull-duggery.

14 minutes ago, hangdonger said:

Yes we are well aware of the POTY origin. 

Never-the-less, a bit of fun.

No-one has lost an eye yet.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If there isn't going to a final final between the TOP TWO, why not just get this farce over with and call it now? :coffee1:

Why don't you just chill and let the contest run, no need to campaign for an early end, just because you can't get your own way!