Could house renter send in TM30, signed months ago by owner?

Am not sure how the TM30 is sent it to Immig, except at an hotel which is web based reporting, at least here in CM.  I'm considering renting a house in the countryside and the owner lives in Bangkok and i'm sure he does not want to be bothered by numerous TM30 forms since i travel out of T'land often.

Could i ask him to sign a dozen of such paper forms, all undated, and then when i do leave and return i would fill in the data and mail the form to CM Immig?

I've no problem with the TM30 but the owner won't want to do it so i'm only relieving him of this onerous detail.

You should be able to self-report as "house-master."  You can report yourself on the TM-30 every time.

Where I am (Jomtien), you'd only need the signed-copy of the owner's ID-Card and Housebook plus the housebook of where you are living plus rental-contract for the first report only.  After that, just the form plus passport-copy bits, plus a copy of the last TM-30 receipt-slip. 

Of course, your particular office can do anything it chooses, since there is evidently no oversight to ensure consistency, so no guarantee on this.

• Like 1

I've completed and filed many TM30's as the occupier and tenant of the property, but always supplied copies of the owners TB and ID card.

I had the landlords give me a signed copy of their Tabien Bann and ID card.

I then copied the copies so I had spare at hand.

They are really going to town on the tm30, I was sent in there on Friday while doing the retirement extension of stay, had to fill in the tm30 form and supply copies of passport, visa and proof of address, over 1..30 hour wait in the little office on the left, then they cut the bottom off the tm30 form and attach it to the passport then back to the business you came for, 

2 minutes ago, flynn said:

They are really going to town on the tm30, I was sent in there on Friday while doing the retirement extension of stay, had to fill in the tm30 form and supply copies of passport, visa and proof of address, over 1..30 hour wait in the little office on the left, then they cut the bottom off the tm30 form and attach it to the passport then back to the business you came for, 

Where is 'there'?

Which IO.

Chingmai, is this Chiang Mai?

I own my own condo but I am at Promenada almost every month when I return from work abroad.

From what I understand once you pay your fine and register a TM30 signed by the landlord a renter can do “updates” on their own to the same address. Notification is required within 24 hours of returning to Thailand but there is a 7 day grace period.

I just moved condo and went to jomtien with a completed tm30 and a copy of my lease .

Unusually , Nothing else was asked for. 

I was in and out within 10 minutes. They Stapled the bottom of the form on my passport .

They were turning others away for not having copy of house book and copy of owners ID.

Must of been my lucky day.

4 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

I just moved condo and went to jomtien with a completed tm30 and a copy of my lease.

Unusually , Nothing else was asked for. 

I was in and out within 10 minutes. They Stapled the bottom of the form on my passport .

They were turning others away for not having copy of house book and copy of owners ID.

Must of been my lucky day.

Does your lease name the condo-owner, or condo-building management as payee?   If it lists the condo-owner, you were lucky.

8 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Chingmai, is this Chiang Mai?

I own my own condo but I am at Promenada almost every month when I return from work abroad.

From what I understand once you pay your fine and register a TM30 signed by the landlord a renter can do “updates” on their own to the same address. Notification is required within 24 hours of returning to Thailand but there is a 7 day grace period.

Yes, this is the procedure in Chiang Mai.

If you don't own your property, your landlord can file the first TM30 when you start to rent and then you can do the updates yourself at Promenada.  They don't even want a new TM30 form to be completed.  Just bring your passport and new departure card.  They need to update your departure card number in their computer and will stamp your existing TM30 receipt, which should be kept in your passport.

This is the current Chiang Mai procedure and probably is different in other provinces.