Average salary for expat legal consultant (3yrs exp.)?

Dear all,

Can anyone please tell me the average salary for an expat legal consultant here in Bangkok (3years experience)? Since I consider myself as a junior expat, what package should I be looking at? Your help would allow me to better negotiate my remuneration package later on, i truly appreciate it!

If it helps I am already a qualified lawyer in my home country, I am common law qualified, legally trained in Australia and I am a multilingual speaker (native speaker of Mandarin, fluent in English, Cantonese, Bahasa and Taiwanese).

8 minutes ago, Goosebump1988 said:

Greetings @Aussieroaming, how long ago was that? Did she work in a large firm or a local law firm?

Thanks for your feedback!

Not sure how you define large..5-6 lawyers and the local staff, specializing in patent law. Owner of the company was an Indian Lawyer. My wife left the company in 2013. A lot of clients from O/S with product sales in Thailand and I don't know anything about law but there was a lot of involvement with anti-counterfeit operations.

I started as a local hire expat lawyer at 80k for an international local firm 20 years ago. I had about your level of experience but no languages.  

Try the real international firms, then the local firms doing international work, then the local Thai firms and finally the chains marketing to foreigners for visas etc.  

Good luck!  

Learn Thai, speak, read and write, start your own business employ lawyers with an honest interest in the problems of expats in Thailand, use Facebook and other media outlets to get your name around and you will have so much business  in such a short time that you will within reason be able to name your own salary.

just be honest and have a genuine interest in doing your best for them that is all your clients will ask of you.

Good luck