Ford - here we go again

henry2109

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Total crap, they do what you ask them to do and tell you the cost...They DO NOT do a full service for me...Get your facts right before you post..

In that case it's your fault for not checking in the book and informing them what you wanted in the first place.

Come on then, Who are you going to use for your T/Belt change. And this time try not to cherry pick your answers. Your getting like those lot in the EU.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, toolpush said:

Why on Earth would you buy Goodyear for that price when you could buy Michelins instead?

goodyears dont stand up to the heat here in Thailand all 4 of mine had to be replaced when they still had half their life left and only been on two and a half years.

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

In that case it's your fault for not checking in the book and informing them what you wanted in the first place.

Come on then, Who are you going to use for your T/Belt change. And this time try not to cherry pick your answers. Your getting like those lot in the EU.

What on earth are you going on about.....YOU have stated before B-quik is crap because it is staffed by kids....YOU say non dealers use crap stuff...

The belt will be changed by me.....OK..

1 minute ago, transam said:

What on earth are you going on about.....YOU have stated before B-quik is crap because it is staffed by kids....YOU say non dealers use crap stuff...

The belt will be changed by me.....OK..

End of conversation. You change everything wording wise (I never used crap stuff I said copy) round to suit your replies. Best of luck with the belt change as you wont get a Toyo guarantee. 

No need Deestones OK and cheaper. :biggrin:

I prefer to install the tyres which come with the car. Good tyres are important for the safety and I don’t sacrifice safety only to save money.

So I took the original Toyo for my CX-5.

Go to Bridgestone, never trust B quick as they are first class scammers. They sell substandard products and/or give very short warrantee periods. For example I needed to replace a battery last year. They first offered a substandard one at a cheap price. When I asked for a certain brand name their prices was the same as mom and pop shops. When I asked the guy about the warrantee he said it was 6 months, although I know it is supposed to be 12 months.

I never had a problem with B-Quick (in Hua Hin). They have very competent and friendly staff.

38 minutes ago, juehoe said:

I prefer to install the tyres which come with the car. Good tyres are important for the safety and I don’t sacrifice safety only to save money.

So, there is no truth in the story that the original tyres fitted to most new vehicles are to keep the price down (with exception perhaps of performance cars)? :whistling:

1 hour ago, juehoe said:

Tyres are tyres if you think some are better because they cost more, as they say in Thailand " Up to you " . :laugh:

14 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And the next filter will come in the same box? :whistling:  Do you see a pattern here?

In B-Quik you can stand next to the guy doing the work, l like that, l watched him open the box of the filter, THEN, open the sealed plastic bag it was in with Toyota and part number on it...:stoner:

17 minutes ago, transam said:

In B-Quik you can stand next to the guy doing the work, l like that, l watched him open the box of the filter, THEN, open the sealed plastic bag it was in with Toyota and part number on it...:stoner:

In this case okay, that is good.

I have had many friends involved in the motor vehicle industry over the past 40 - 50 years from second hand car dealers to franchised new car dealers. There is, unfortunately, some bad among the good. A lttle healthy scepticism has been a part of my upbringing.

"In God we trust, everyone else pays cash!" A seller's sign I saw many years ago. :thumbsup:

To be honest during my motoring life  I had no problem with using "pattern" parts. These parts are produced because they know "genuine" parts from a dealer were expensive. My Volvo was a prime example of being ripped off, so l always bought pattern parts if they were available. I always used Fram oil filters because in my opinion they were the best for an important job. Put new shocks on the Vigo rear at BQ, yes they are a pattern part but have a guarantee, and at 850bht each fitted l reckon that's pretty good..

5 hours ago, transam said:

l watched him open the box of the filter, THEN, open the sealed plastic bag it was in with Toyota and part number on it..

Toyota - or any other manufacturer - does not make oil filters, rack and pinion steering, transmissions, and on and on

Company makes them, and monday go into Toyota box, tuesday Honda box, Wednesday BMW box ...

These are put out to tender, and made by outside manufacturers to the specs that the company requires. Even engines are made by outside suppliers in some instances.

So long as they meet the specs, good to go.

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Toyota - or any other manufacturer - does not make oil filters, rack and pinion steering, transmissions, and on and on

Company makes them, and monday go into Toyota box, tuesday Honda box, Wednesday BMW box ...

These are put out to tender, and made by outside manufacturers to the specs that the company requires. Even engines are made by outside suppliers in some instances.

So long as they meet the specs, good to go.

As a kid I worked in a famous brand factory, their same product was also packaged for a retailer that sold cheaper...:stoner:

I went to Ford today because of their promotion on tyres. It is buy 3 get 1 free. The list shows 3 different brands. A list  says "4320 Baht" for the chosen goodyear tyre. So one would expect to pay 13000 Baht (3 x 4320) plus VAT for a new tyre set, right? No. You have to pay almost 20000 Baht, which includes the installation cost, the VAT, and 4 x 4320, because the promoted price is the average price for 4 tyres, and not the price you can buy 3 tyres for and get 1 free.

I am so tired about them.

B quick had the same offer about 3 months ago, had a puncture so went back as in big c. It's free mister for 6 months. Still can't believe it.

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, transam said:

As a kid I worked in a famous brand factory, their same product was also packaged for a retailer that sold cheaper...:stoner:

Many moons ago I found the company that made oil filters for Volvo, the Volvo ones were white with their name on, the company's ones were plain black.

I talked to a Volvo dealer about it and they said the company made them to Volvo's special specifications,  being the bulldog I can be when I ask the company do they make filters to different spec's they said no. :biggrin: 

• 2 weeks later...

Fine for some, but most trucks have Bridgestone Dueller II fitted which are crap (unless you think hard compound tyres with no grip, but last a lifetime are good). Nearly everything else is a better option, especially if grip is your highest priority.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fine for some, but most trucks have Bridgestone Dueller II fitted which are crap (unless you think hard compound tyres with no grip, but last a lifetime are good). Nearly everything else is a better option, especially if grip is your highest priority.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Your are right concerning the trucks. The Thai customer prefer long-lasting tires over grip. Maybe also a reason for the many accidents when it is raining...?

On 12/20/2017 at 8:45 PM, Kwasaki said:

Many moons ago I found the company that made oil filters for Volvo, the Volvo ones were white with their name on, the company's ones were plain black.

I talked to a Volvo dealer about it and they said the company made them to Volvo's special specifications,  being the bulldog I can be when I ask the company do they make filters to different spec's they said no. :biggrin: 

Yes they do. The different spec is white or black color

8 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Yes tyres here are far too hard and generally fall apart before the tread is half worn out

Tires here - tires there - tires everywhere are the same.

You think tire companies make special tires for Thailand ?

Environmental factors and the tires age are the source of tire degradation.

On 19/12/2017 at 7:30 PM, lvr181 said:

So, there is no truth in the story that the original tyres fitted to most new vehicles are to keep the price down (with exception perhaps of performance cars)? :whistling:

I got over 90,000km and was so happy with the roadholding and braking etc with the Dunlop LT 34 tyres fitted on our Toyota Vigo that I went looking for the same tyre deliberately to replace them.  They were still good and not down to the safety bars at 95k that I still have them in the garage.  I only changed them as relatives were coming from overseas and it was rainy season and we would be doing some  high mileage over the month they were here.  I later kicked myself for doing it.  Might have got to 100k before reaching the safety bars.

On 1/4/2018 at 6:56 AM, juehoe said:

Your are right concerning the trucks. The Thai customer prefer long-lasting tires over grip. Maybe also a reason for the many accidents when it is raining...?

No, it is the mandatory LOS 50psi tyre pressures plus....smiley-drinking-beer.gif.9cba537cfe7e19c1c7662da354f4b305.gif

Probably just put that down to crap driving standards, even bubble gum tyres would not stop accidents here...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 1/4/2018 at 4:38 PM, canthai55 said:

Tires here - tires there - tires everywhere are the same.

You think tire companies make special tires for Thailand ?

Environmental factors and the tires age are the source of tire degradation.

Yes they do, and tyres wear at very different rates, they are made much harder here.