Chillies / Peppers .....Where?

moonseeker

Hi all

Anybody knows this type and knows where to find?  They are not spicy, just like the regular  "version" only more tasty :-) They are medium sized and somewhat pointed, the name translates into

"pointed peppers" from German.

Thank you all & Good night?   MS>

IMG_20170921_171641.jpg

Pointed red peppers or Ramiro are sweet (called sweet red peppers in some markets) and not the same as red capsicums. I haven't seen these is the usual places in Pattaya, possible in Bangkok?

Just a thought, sometimes the Kings farm shops have more esoteric varieties so try asking at their 2 location (that I know of) in the basement at Central Festival and on the east side of Sukhumvit just before the Pattaya Tai traffic lights (bit of a bugger parking).

Edited by NanLaew

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Pointed red peppers or Ramiro are sweet (called sweet red peppers in some markets) and not the same as red capsicums. I haven't seen these is the usual places in Pattaya, possible in Bangkok?

Just a thought, sometimes the Kings farm shops have more esoteric varieties so try asking at their 2 location (that I know of) in the basement at Central Festival and on the east side of Sukhumvit just before the Pattaya Tai traffic lights (bit of a bugger parking).

Same. same but different.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:14 PM, giddyup said:

Same. same but different.

When it comes to peppers, Thailand is a bit of a desert. The locals use the mouse sh!t peppers and slightly larger red and green ones that are less hot. The only others easily available, mainly for foreigners, are the red, green and yellow capsicums or bell peppers which are not the same as ramiro's. Getting a decent poblano pepper is unheard of and the importers don't seem to have much interest AFAIK. Jalapeno peppers can be had seasonally at the Royal farm produce shops.

Edited by NanLaew