Dutch man arrested for double "revenge" murder of Thai girlfriend's mother and brother

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, balo said:

Whats his real name ? I know a lot of Dutch mafia guys have been hiding in Thailand for a long time. Probably overstayed the visa for many years . Maybe wanted for serious crime in his home country. 

Yeah, I heard he had several pair of wooden shoes and some smuggled tulips.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, I dont think that violence and murder are ever justified , but I do understand why some people do resort to those measures .

yes lack of self control or mental disability.  So it really was totally irrelevant what you posted (64)  and you agree with me now.  understanding and sympathizing or defending are not the same thing.  Regardless of his financial loss, killing the woman's mother and brother is the act of a sick or depraved person. fortunately Thailand has both mental hospitals and prison.  i hope the scumbag dies in one 

He was angry at being rejected and wanted a gold necklace back, she had said.

A relative said that the son was incapacitated from a broken left leg from a previous accident

Somebody from the family should ramm the artificial tigertooth up his arse and watch him bleeding out.

What a scumbag. RIP

Edited by jenny2017

9 hours ago, swissie said:

"No money, no passport". That says a lot. Only thing left after a lenghty stay in Thailand is a bad temper and a non-functioning brain.
There are times, when I can understand the TAT = Quality tourists in, basket cases out!

I insist, there are sighns that indicate when a person is on the verge of "cracking-up". I could make a list of symptoms, but to keep it short: Irregular, agressive behaviour, incoherent talk, lack of personal hygene and disregarding the simlplest forms of "dress-code" are very basic indicators.
- There is no way, that the Dutchman "cracked-up" overnight in such a way. Warning sighns were ignored by his "surroundings".
An idea: Instead of checking Farangs wearing no helmets while driving their Motorbikes, why the Police not follow up on "hints from within the populace", signaling those "walking time bombs" in time. Most will be on "overstay" anyway. Better they "crack-up" in their home-country, instead of Thailand.
Cheers.
PS: Would not recomment for any Farangs to aquire property near "Ban Khok Muang" for the next 25 years. The locals are equipped with some sort of "Elephant-Memory".    

"why" do you "feel the need" to put "everything" in "quotation marks" you don't "seem" to be quoting anyone or many "colloquial" expressions are you "taking the piss?"

24 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

yes lack of self control or mental disability.  So it really was totally irrelevant what you posted (64)  and you agree with me now.  understanding and sympathizing or defending are not the same thing.  Regardless of his financial loss, killing the woman's mother and brother is the act of a sick or depraved person. fortunately Thailand has both mental hospitals and prison.  i hope the scumbag dies in one 

I havent changed my mind , so, if I now agree with you, then maybe you misunderstood my point .

Simply stating that there may have been more to this story (64) isnt condoning the action . There is quite a difference between getting perturbed about a gold chain and getting perturded, had you lost everything , house money etc .

Once again, I am not condoning his actions , but I can understand why some people resort to such measures

3 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Me too. I've heard horror stories about a cheese rolling event that went completely wrong through an inflated cheese. 

Cheese rolling is an English thing (Gloucestershire). Holland lacks any meaningful hills except the bit they stole off Belgium.

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Cheese rolling is an English thing (Gloucestershire). Holland lacks any meaningful hills except the bit they stole off Belgium.

I know that it's actually a British thing, but please let these dutch woodshoes have their fun as well. :post-4641-1156694083:

Dutch.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

13 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Horrific tale.

If it is true, maybe other village girls will think twice about asking a foreigner for a gold necklace and then dumping the guy.

Should me a law absolving the murderer of said manipulators, their moms and dads, children, friends etc. by any fallang who is angry about being dumped after spending cash on said dumpee.

Had the murderer had access to a community he understood and that understood him, he might not have gone crazy with the knife. These events like stilt-walking, cheese-rolling, skating on the canals allow people to connect with others in their community and help relieve frustration and increase empathy.

1 minute ago, johnhw said:

Should me a law absolving the murderer of said manipulators, their moms and dads, children, friends etc. by any fallang who is angry about being dumped after spending cash on said dumpee.

Poorly written and even  worse thought out expression of support for the double murderer?

Sacrificed the wife and brother like the water buffalo in Apocalypse Now's closing scenes. The guy probably, figuratively speaking, spent too much time alone in the jungle, and had a psychotic episode à la Colonel Kurtz. Lessons to be learned here both from the Thai and expat perspective. Tragic and senseless violence.

Edited by Gecko123

This necklace seem to be important to both parties, why? Was it part of the dowry that he paid for her hand in marriage and did she accept it as that and did he pay her family more in the way of sinsot and then the g/f reject him after her and her family stripped him of all his money. This does happen. It was tried on me but not by the g/f but by her mother. I had to return to Australia in the September and was going to take my then fiancee with me for 2 weeks to meet my family but her mother put her hand out and wanted 300,000baht sinsot before we left as a guarantee that we would get married in the November as planned and I said no you do not get the sinsot until the day of the wedding in accordance with the Thai custom, so the mother sent the daughter away so that we could not see each other and ended our relationship. The only thing that I lost was the 150,000baht of gold jewellery that I had bought because the mother made sure that it went with the daughter. As my lawyer in Australia said it was good that I did not give the mother the money because she would have put her hand out for more on the day of the wedding. Did the same type of thing happen here?

What was it that made him snap and do something like this?

Read a classic story about payback to Thai GF and family in a book called Bangkok Knights ( too long to tell here ) but as they say paybacks are a <deleted>, but I will admit this guy took it a bit too far, hitting them in the pocket would have been a better option.

11 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

This necklace seem to be important to both parties, why? Was it part of the dowry that he paid for her hand in marriage and did she accept it as that and did he pay her family more in the way of sinsot and then the g/f reject him after her and her family stripped him of all his money. This does happen. It was tried on me but not by the g/f but by her mother. I had to return to Australia in the September and was going to take my then fiancee with me for 2 weeks to meet my family but her mother put her hand out and wanted 300,000baht sinsot before we left as a guarantee that we would get married in the November as planned and I said no you do not get the sinsot until the day of the wedding in accordance with the Thai custom, so the mother sent the daughter away so that we could not see each other and ended our relationship. The only thing that I lost was the 150,000baht of gold jewellery that I had bought because the mother made sure that it went with the daughter. As my lawyer in Australia said it was good that I did not give the mother the money because she would have put her hand out for more on the day of the wedding. Did the same type of thing happen here?

What was it that made him snap and do something like this?

dont buy em anything....dingdong 

7 hours ago, catman20 said:

nice to see the boot on the other foot for a change

You have a sick soul but still hope for you to heal.   Take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself why you posted your comments which are way out of line regardless of where you live or your life situation. Time to let the hatred go and experience peace.  

4 hours ago, harada said:

Read a classic story about payback to Thai GF and family in a book called Bangkok Knights ( too long to tell here ) but as they say paybacks are a <deleted>, but I will admit this guy took it a bit too far, hitting them in the pocket would have been a better option.

Which chapter is that ?  ' feeding the ducks '

3 hours ago, bannork said:

Maybe she had already sold the necklace and spent the money on something else.

I think this could be it. That would be the clincher for me.  Spend it all on g/f only to find there was something better she wanted so sold the one thing he was proud to buy her.

Still needs putting away though.

54 minutes ago, rwill said:

He was living at a Wat because he had no money, yet he bought her a necklace?  It must have been a silver one.

Ever considered that he bought it when they stayed together? You know that he might be one of those that comes to Thailand with a bag of money and believe they are set for life. You know, the stupid kind, duh!

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I think this could be it. That would be the clincher for me.  Spend it all on g/f only to find there was something better she wanted so sold the one thing he was proud to buy her.

Still needs putting away though.

Yeah, right! Really sounds like a point of pressure that would lead to killing people for. The only thing that leads to a single person commiting murder is a big <deleted> malfunction in the thing called a brain.