Video: Tiger poked for tourists' amusement as Pattaya park official blames Burmese

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With All Due respect to Animals and their Lovers, ... this Poking is not a big thing, … like Tigers are big animals with thick skins, …like Elephants !!! … And used to banging in to thinks in the jungle for sure, … this Poking is very mild, like just a communication really ??? ...The Real problem is keeping tigers in such Confined Places I am sure !!! …  They are Wide Roaming animals. ...  Still if it was born in Captivity ??? If it has some sort of Balance in it's Life, … like it does not look to hard pressed, …  a bit like our cat, when the 4 year old comes over ???

4 hours ago, Dibbler said:

Thailand treats its captive wildlife with complete disregard for national laws.  The monks at the Tiger Temple who had 149 tigers confiscated from them including many that were like this tiger drugged and forced to perform in front of tourists, were never charged with any offence, and now are preparing to open a new tiger facility under a different business name, possibly with some of the same confiscated tigers, that will be returned to them by the DNP. Members of the public should be posting more to social media as that seems the only way to force the government to take action. It should be Thai and not foreign wildlife activists leading the protests to have these shocking facilities shut down. 

Yep, agreed...seems like the authorities just pay lip service to animal ill treatment.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Well he blamed the Burmese because they are working there. But I blame the Zoo for hiring them. And the tigers should be out in the wild.

"And the tigers should be out in the wild."

A nice thought but for endangered species it would lead to their likely eventual demise. These types of Zoos should not have them!

But there is a place for them in 'captivity' that allows breeding and increasing their numbers. :thumbsup:

I wish you the best. 

Done a good job !!!

But always beware as the Thai have more faces. Especially when they're losing face. Foreigners have been jailed for less !!!

There are many faces of wildlife criminals and unethical business practice, most of them in this country are Thai. If exposing such behaviour is deemed "criminal" then it takes a crim to know one. Need to jail a few more wildlife criminals in Thailand, regardless of their hair color, or the color of the clothes they wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Cranky said:

I had the misfortune to take my kids to the Dolphin show, Hua Yai road.  Saddest thing I've seen in ages, 4 very sad creatures, one clearly very sick.  Elephants at Nong Nooch the same, no respect or kindness to animals whatsoever, only the money they bring in.  Doesn't matter what it is, croc farms, zoos or monkey's and snakes on Walking Street everywhere there is animals and money.

One of the lowest, most indefensible aspects of Thailand.

Yes it is sad, but you should have included amongst your creatures above "Tourists", they treat them the same, keep poking them until their money falls out.

It is easy do not go to these places

Those who are informed will choose not to go, the problem is the tourists who see these tiger facilities promoted in signs in taxis and travel agents and book tours without knowing what they are supporting with their tourist dollar, ruble, or renminbi.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Dibbler said:

Thailand treats its captive wildlife with complete disregard for national laws.  The monks at the Tiger Temple who had 149 tigers confiscated from them including many that were like this tiger drugged and forced to perform in front of tourists, were never charged with any offence, and now are preparing to open a new tiger facility under a different business name, possibly with some of the same confiscated tigers, that will be returned to them by the DNP. Members of the public should be posting more to social media as that seems the only way to force the government to take action. It should be Thai and not foreign wildlife activists leading the protests to have these shocking facilities shut down. 

because there was an entity backing the tiger temple whose name cannot say

8 hours ago, Hooliganzone said:

I totally agree with you I have been many times to the river Kwai area and passed the no longer thank god Tiger temple I never stopped didn't. fancy it and I was right in the end.

I have been to the Pattaya Tiger park and restaurant 7-8 times I have never seen any bad treatment thet keepers play with the tigers and it all seems a nice and very clean place. 

So are abbatoirs

Is it just not lovely [and a bit easy] to blame and finger point the Burmese, the farangs, the Chinese, the Indians or anybody else when something goes wrong?

Very unsporting and unfair attitude from the management who apparently lacked oversight on their employees.

I just don't want to be around the day the tiger get's fed up and will react with more then roaring....

Edited by observer90210

9 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Never mind blaming the minion......the owners of the business are responsible for what goes on there and training the operatives............ These places should really be closed down, they are against all we know about the treatment of wildlife and conservation

I blame the losers who are paying to be in that photo...

On 12/21/2017 at 2:00 PM, Hooliganzone said:

I totally agree with you I have been many times to the river Kwai area and passed the no longer thank god Tiger temple I never stopped didn't. fancy it and I was right in the end.

I have been to the Pattaya Tiger park and restaurant 7-8 times I have never seen any bad treatment thet keepers play with the tigers and it all seems a nice and very clean place. 

I have lived in Kanchanaburi long enough to remember the Orangatang  Muay Thai show at the Bo Ploy safari park. The apes would be dressed in shorts and boxing gloves and put in a ring to fight for the amusement of the almost completely Asian crowds. 

What's funny (or sad really), is that they think this blame the Burmese guy for everything actually will fly repeatedly. Any half-decent zoo manager or director would take responsibility and resign as it had happened whilst he was in charge...although, responsibility is a moot point here generally.