Banged to rights - cop seen counting the bribe money in back of pick-up

webfact

20 hours ago, observer90210 said:

A bit of understanding please, the poor cop probably needed the cash to pay for his sidearm !! :shock1:

I'm sure, he claimed that he needed it for his kids' hospital bills, or, alternatively, his Esarn-based parents' sick buffalo... :passifier: 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

10 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

A conversation just came up today about all the 'young' children in Thai public schools having 'Lice' in their hair........ No help in the schools to keep young students from passing them around......

But Thailand has the big face with Submarines and other wealth but cannot keep the school children free from 'Lice'.......... 

Close your eyes for a moment and try to imagine that these cops are collecting all that money to give to the public schools......... since the Thai gov't won't cover the cost of controlling those Lice in the kids hair..............

Different regimes have different priorities; obviously healthcare and education are no priorities in Thailand. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

17 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Friend of mine has a restaurant in Pattaya. Says he has to pay off 3 different "groups" 10k per month each, and now Bangkok cops have come to Pattaya to get in on the gravy train.

A French friend was paying 24K per month to Pattaya's grubbiest.  (He's sold up and moving to another country with a less corrupt police force.)   Every bar owner I know pays a monthly stipend.  Forget cleaning up the beaches; start at soi 9.

14 hours ago, mommysboy said:

These days I'm careful about what I wish for. 

Take the visa issue: surely it used to be better to hand over a small envelope than go to court, get deported, and banned?  One of many examples. 

Or alternatively play by the rules - it's not that hard - and dont encourage corruption.

And save yourself some money and potential problems in the future. 

Edited by tryasimight