Two Walking Street bars raided in New Year "safety for tourists" swoop

rooster59

Two Walking Street bars raided in New Year "safety for tourists" swoop

596E547E-7B6B-4B80-A7A9-75419566BC56.jpeg

Image: Tnews

A raid in the name of keeping tourists safe was conducted last night by Bang Lamung district officials in Walking Street.

Tnews at first reported that lots of law breaking was found but the body of the story revealed that this was not the case at all - there were just license irregularities.

First stop for Pichet Thammahone and his men was the Marilyn Monroe A Go Go where 40 'coyotes' were dancing and entertaining the clientele. None of them were underage and there were no underage drinkers at the venue.

But it was discovered that it had no license.

The raiding party then moved on to the Music Cafe where Tnews said that patrons were spilling out into the street. The music was turned off and it was a similar scenario.

No lawbreaking was in evidence but the wrong name was on the license this time. 

At both establishments the staff had their details recorded that Tnews said was a sure way to protect tourists who might fall victim to crime. 

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-23

and you think that is the purpose of these raids lol
When the press is invited for a photo OP, yes absolutely. Especially when they are not shut down immediately for operating without a licence

But go on and bore us to death with the "no brown envelope" mantra..

zzzzzzzz

"At both establishments the staff had their details recorded that Tnews said was a sure way to protect tourists who might fall victim to crime". 

LMFAO

Who needs to go to Disneyland when you have fairy tale song here with Thai cops such as this?

"When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you"

Especially if cops want Tea Money and false reasons for busting a bar!

8 hours ago, petermik said:

When they round up the katoey,s and start slinging them out of Patts I,ll start to believe in this "safety for tourists" bull**it......:sorry:

Tell us about you bad experience with katoey's......oops....... none!

Some of his stuff is true...but the vast majority seems to takes  on a life of its own amongst the bar stool brethren.

4 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Absolutely! Those girls should stick to screwing 17-year-old biker gang members who only use illegal drugs.

You are  17 years old?  or wish you were?

Why is 17 an important number?

You do know the age of majority in Thailand?

Edited by tryasimight

Tell us about you bad experience with katoey's......oops....... none!
Some of his stuff is true...but the vast majority seems to takes  on a life of its own amongst the bar stool brethren.
Personally I believe@ Peter milk has had a few in room bad decisions . I don't judge him though but with all due respect he should not cruise beach road Pattaya at 3am drunk as a skunk, nothing good ever happens staggering into the night [emoji3]

19 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Personally I believe@ Peter milk has had a few in room bad decisions . I don't judge him though but with all due respect he should not cruise beach road Pattaya at 3am drunk as a skunk, nothing good ever happens staggering into the night emoji3.png

Thanks  for your response. I'm at a loss for words right now

13 hours ago, petermik said:

When they round up the katoey,s and start slinging them out of Patts I,ll start to believe in this "safety for tourists" bull**it......:sorry:

I find it difficult to believe this will ever happen. In fact, just the opposite seems to be happening,  yearly more Kathoey in Pattaya. I blame corn syrup in the west.

11 hours ago, tryasimight said:

You are  17 years old?  or wish you were?

Why is 17 an important number?

You do know the age of majority in Thailand?

17 is legal with 14, 18 with 14 is not. 19 with 16 legal in USA. Three years is the magic number. Why? Somebody made it up and that was that. Just like drunk driving. In one place you go to jail if you read 0.5, someplace else it's .12, and someplace else it's anything above 0.0. And that could be the same place 0.8 was OK the year before. Lots of numbers are made up on the spot and then changed later. Thirteen was legal for marriage in the USA for hundreds of years. Isn't Spain near that now? The point is that some things, like abortion, should be discouraged rather than made illegal. A record isn't going to do them any good. Counseling is better. The last living Civil War widow collecting a war pension died a decade or so ago. She was 15 when she married a 90-year-old veteran in the 1930s. Said she loved him and never remarried. Like Tina Turner said, "What's love got to do with it?"

On 12/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, Mac98 said:

17 is legal with 14, 18 with 14 is not. 19 with 16 legal in USA. Three years is the magic number. Why? Somebody made it up and that was that. Just like drunk driving. In one place you go to jail if you read 0.5, someplace else it's .12, and someplace else it's anything above 0.0. And that could be the same place 0.8 was OK the year before. Lots of numbers are made up on the spot and then changed later. Thirteen was legal for marriage in the USA for hundreds of years. Isn't Spain near that now? The point is that some things, like abortion, should be discouraged rather than made illegal. A record isn't going to do them any good. Counseling is better. The last living Civil War widow collecting a war pension died a decade or so ago. She was 15 when she married a 90-year-old veteran in the 1930s. Said she loved him and never remarried. Like Tina Turner said, "What's love got to do with it?"

Short answer ...you have no idea .

They are morons. Yeah, sure, round up all the ladyboys and Thai guys loitering in the streets but a bar full of hot coyote girls hardly poses a risk to tourists. Nice excuse cops for raiding some place who wasn't paying the right amount or was it just their turn to get screwed? Doesn't look from that picture that they posed any threat other than fulfilling a patron's naughty fantasies for payment....facepalm.

Give me a break. 

Edited by Sir Dude