Maid defends boss Wan Yubamrung after Facebook attacks

rooster59

Maid defends boss Wan Yubamrung after Facebook attacks

By The Nation

A housemaid who was seen sitting on the floor beside the dining table of politician Wan Yubamrung in a shopping mall restaurant has defended her boss, saying she simply likes to sit that way.

The woman, who identified herself as Samai, said in a video clip posted on Wan’s Facebook wall that she was happy during the visit to the mall.

Her clip was posted a day after a Facebook user posted her photo sitting on the ground beside Wan’s family dining table and wrote: “OMG! Thailand! They took a housemaid for a visit to carry shopping bags and care for their children. When they got tired, they had food and let the maid sit like this. It’s not OK, is it? Why didn’t they let her join the table?”

The post drew a lot of criticisms against Wan, prompting him to file a defamation lawsuit against the Facebook user.

In her clip, Samai said: “Hi, I am Samai. Yesterday, I went out with the boss. The boss let met eat until I became full. I stood to wait for my boss until I felt tired in my legs, so I sat down.

“Don’t worry. I was full and happy. I sat on the floor because I always sit like this. I don’t like to sit on a chair.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30334637

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-23

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Some people will say anything with a gun to their head.

regards worgeordie

That might be the most intelligent thing to do under the circumstances. If not, you might be silent forever!

I wonder, if you defer???

2 minutes ago, ravip said:

That might be the most intelligent thing to do under the circumstances. If not, you might be silent forever!

I wonder, if you defer???

It's just my way of saying,she been told exactly what to say ,or else !,

regards worgeordie   happy Christmas

25 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Does she really get that well treated? 

Of course she does. She gets lots of exercise running around after the family, , probably gets the left over smoked salmon and seafood and a nice warm room to sleep in. A dream job. 

SHE is at the origin of the whole embarassment for this lovely family, SHE should have taken care of staying, on the ground, but out of view, like under the table or so, to eat her lobster! Damned, always trouble with that s...t staff nowadays! The least she can do now, before being sent back to her hole, is to tell (erm,contradictory...) BS to defend her so generous and charming 'boss' (and the ogres' family) wouldn't you say? Poor little lady, did nothing 'wrong', just like every day at the happy house she's a servant(!) at, I guess, and bang, the ceiling falls on HER head, no doubt!

20 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Ah well.............. this is the kind of scum family that will get back into power once the political ban is lifted.

Yes, because the upstanding families currently in power are nothing like that, right?:whistling:

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

In her clip, Samai said: “Hi, I am Samai. Yesterday, I went out with the boss. The boss let met eat until I became full. I stood to wait for my boss until I felt tired in my legs, so I sat down.

“Don’t worry. I was full and happy. I sat on the floor because I always sit like this. I don’t like to sit on a chair.”

BS

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

BS

Our friends also sit on the floor leaning against the lazyboy sofa.....(and let her kids jump on it, even after several warnings of me).

And they won't eat great sirloin steak but prefer their own cheap meat...

Just let them do, they are happy.

Just now, Thian said:

Our friends also sit on the floor leaning against the lazyboy sofa.....(and let her kids jump on it, even after several warnings of me).

And they won't eat great sirloin steak but prefer their own cheap meat...

Just let them do, they are happy.

The statement I quoted is BS.

Poor girl, as if she could say anything else

Anyway, she contradicted what he said. He said there were no chairs for her not that she likes to sit on the floor. Also I'm sure if she had eaten a lobster and not her own rice and rat at home she would have mentioned it also

They basically treat their maid like some subhuman slave, the person on FB was right to point it out

Edited by Happy enough

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

The statement I quoted is BS.

It's not BS. 

I have been to the house where my  lady friend lives and the whole family is sitting on the floor when they eat or watch television. There are no chairs and tables in the living room.

When we stay at a hotel and she wants to eat thai food (Papaya salad), she prefer to sit on the floor to eat and sometimes also when she watch television. I have asked why and the answer is that she prefers it that way. She is over 50 years old and from Isan but living in Bangkok.

But when we are at the restaurant she sits at the table and not on the floor.

Edited by brakar

20 minutes ago, brakar said:

It's not BS. 

I have been to the house where my  lady friend lives and the whole family is sitting on the floor when they eat or watch television. There are no chairs and tables in the living room.

When we stay at a hotel and she wants to eat thai food (Papaya salad), she prefer to sit on the floor to eat and sometimes also when she watch television. I have asked why and the answer is that she prefers it that way. She is over 50 years old and from Isan but living in Bangkok.

But when we are at the restaurant she sits at the table and not on the floor.

I’m not talking about what goes on in a house. I sit on the floor at home at times. Always have done since childhood.

The statement I quoted is part of this families pr campaign to justify their disgusting treatment of a woman who works for them in a restaurant. 

There was a chair for their bags, but not for her...

It’s BS. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Why so shocked? This is how it is  in much of the world. The western world is an exception to this. Don't judge the situation by western customs.  It is not as if  many westerners behave that much differently  with their staff in Thailand.  There are the threads of people wishing to pay less than a living wage to their servants, complaining that 10,000 baht is too much.

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Why so shocked? This is how it is  in much of the world. The western world is an exception to this. Don't judge the situation by western customs.  It is not as if  many westerners behave that much differently  with their staff in Thailand.  There are the threads of people wishing to pay less than a living wage to their servants, complaining that 10,000 baht is too much.

Then they are just as reprehensible. 

So having been (allegedly) consigned to the floor by her employer she is now (according to people on this forum) little more than a whipped dog and also a confirmed liar.

A worthless wretch indeed.

Edited by Enoon

8 minutes ago, Enoon said:

So having been (allegedly) consigned to the floor by her employer she is now (according to people on this forum) a confirmed liar.

A worthless wretch indeed.

It’s not a lie if you are forced into it. 

The worthless (in terms of decency) wretch is the son who is raging across social media at present. 

Edited by Bluespunk

30 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It’s not a lie if you are forced into it. 

The worthless (in terms of decency) wretch is the son who is raging across social media at present. 

One way or another you, not me, have determined that she is a liar.

Because, one way or another, all the players in this insignificant little vignette are determined to be acting according to the prejudices of the commentators on this forum.

Who, as always, are making up their own narrative, their own story, based upon their own preconceptions and prejudices..........without which TVF would have no existence.

Edited by Enoon

7 minutes ago, Enoon said:

One way or another you, not me, have determined that she is a liar.

Because, one way or another, all the players in this insignificant little vignette are determined to be acting according to the prejudices of the commentators on this forum.

Who, as always, are making up their own narrative, their own story, based upon their own preconceptions and prejudices..........without which TVF would have no existence.

I’ll check but I don’t think I called her a liar. 

I said the statement is bs. 

And it is. 

And I don’t think she is solely responsible for it. 

Let me check though. 

However, it is true I do have plenty of prejudice against this family (well some of them). 

This prejudice is based on their actions over the years. 

They are some of the least pleasant examples of humanity. 

Edit: Just checked. As I thought I never called the lady in this story a liar. 

Edited by Bluespunk

28 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i have had many people come to my condo and eat food whilst sat on the floor although i have nice furniture. its the norm,  you and your stupid western values again, yep all jump on the bandwagon.

Surely people that come to your home are your friends, and if seated on the floor they are comfortable, no problem.

What we had here was the Yubamrung clan out at a restaurant, with the maid in tow and maybe she chose to sit on the floor as opposed to a chair at the table. I don't think the indignation has anything to do with stupid western values it is just that under normal circumstances Thais, whether country or city folk, will generally sit on a chair when dining out, because it is the right thing to do. This was not a Japanese style restaurant either. I think the reaction was more to the fact that it was the maid, who knows her place in the world,  who sat on the floor, and the threatening attitude of one of Bangkok's least savory characters..

Does seem a bit odd, and I mean all the comments are odd, to me anyway.

In Bangkok, at a restaurant, we don't have either of the two maids sit at the table with us, they get their own table. We don't invite the waiters to join us at the table either.

At home they don't join the family at the table in the dining room.

They have their own room and kitchen but sometimes they like to sit on the floor in their own place and eat.

Where's the big problem.