Best music is from last century?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

How do you manage to get poster of the year when you post so much crap? Only joking, Happy New Year.

It might be of interest for you to know that Trans is having a few bodyguards for his reign.

Your IP address is in our database and you'll feel the consequences. Or not. Or both. 

Edited by jenny2017

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

It might be of interest for you to know that Trans is having a few bodyguards for his reign.

Your IP address is in our database and you'll feel the consequences. Or not. Or ooth. 

And he packs a BAP.....Nooo ploblem.....smile2.gif.e47e8fa868f2a24ae8f563e583a17fac.gif

Do yer know, there are thousands of famous bands/artists out there,

but does anybody search for the not so famous artists. the ones that never

got the break.

With the advent of YouTube, artists have had the chance to show what they can

do, and you would be surprised how much unsung talent there is out there.

Example listen to this guy, his guitar work is brilliant (open E tuning..i think)..and hes an old codger like me.

I'm sure anyone that is/was into CSN will agree this is an excellent cover version....check him out...Larry L

6 minutes ago, transam said:

And he packs a BAP.....Nooo ploblem.....smile2.gif.e47e8fa868f2a24ae8f563e583a17fac.gif

Too young, sorry. 

P.S. Trans, $ 159 per day, is that correct? I mean for the intelligence only. Of course the additional $ 267 for each bodyguard. Thanks for your consideration. 

Edited by jenny2017

6 minutes ago, firefox999uk said:

Do yer know, there are thousands of famous bands/artists out there,

but does anybody search for the not so famous artists. the ones that never

got the break.

With the advent of YouTube, artists have had the chance to show what they can

do, and you would be surprised how much unsung talent there is out there.

Example listen to this guy, his guitar work is brilliant (open E tuning..i think)..and hes an old codger like me.

I'm sure anyone that is/was into CSN will agree this is an excellent cover version....check him out...Larry L

The only problem is the part is where he repeats the same and same and same forever. 

What a great(est hits) thread!

And think of all those bands who haven't been mentioned...yet...Blue Oyster Cult, Santana, Genesis, Allman Brothers, Emerson Lake and Palmer, the Who, and so on...this could almost go on forever.

This in itself is enough to show the (huge) difference between then and now.

Then, we knew our classics, not only the name of the band, but the names of each member and what instrument they played, with whom they have played before, their discography and more.

Today, it is already difficult to come up with names...as for the rest, don't even think about it!

Most of the young today are not really interested in music, much more in moving their bodies with the help of some blue pill and the noise supplied by an overpaid DJ!

TO ALL WHO LIKE PRE 1978 pop music and pleasant "pop sike" (psychedelic pop) which is RARE, never hit the charts but is so commercial it makes your teeth itch.... :)

Well, I started a youtube channel for melodic singles, but RARE.. meaning fabulous 1960 - 1971 melodic pop you seldom hear anywhere ! ALL records from my private 60s singles collection which I started 40 years ago (yep, I'm a maniac) ;)

I started out with 10 subscribers, now well over 5.000 worldwide, so there is definitely interest in this kind of pop (mind you a lot of artists themselves react positively in the comments). I not only clean the records digitally but also make a video for them (60s footage only) VERY time consuming but it's a labor of love

Feel free to have a look ;)

click here for the link:
lesser known late 60s pop and pop sike singles

x.jpg

Edited by oldies1
spelling

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Refused to listen to Greatful Dead. Thankfully, no golden oldies channel plays them.

Only Zappa song I liked was "Don't eat yellow snow" and that wasn't for the music :smile:

How can you refuse to listen to The Dead? They wrote so many songs that make you feel glad to be alive.

28 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

What a great(est hits) thread!

And think of all those bands who haven't been mentioned...yet...Blue Oyster Cult, Santana, Genesis, Allman Brothers, Emerson Lake and Palmer, the Who, and so on...this could almost go on forever.

This in itself is enough to show the (huge) difference between then and now.

Then, we knew our classics, not only the name of the band, but the names of each member and what instrument they played, with whom they have played before, their discography and more.

Today, it is already difficult to come up with names...as for the rest, don't even think about it!

Most of the young today are not really interested in music, much more in moving their bodies with the help of some blue pill and the noise supplied by an overpaid DJ!

Take alcohol and the blue pills away, they won't be able to do anything....

The youngsters these days have missed a lot. Not knowing Eric Clapton is sin that no temple can clean up. 

Edited by jenny2017

Some bright sparks from after 2000 :

Chromeo (2001 Canada)

Empire of the sun ( 2009 Australia)

Galleon ( 2001 France )

Planet Funk ( 2001 Italy )

(start dates are from wikipedia , so if wrong , blame them :smile:)

That's about it for the last 17 years. :sad: