thaibeachlovers

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, firefox999uk said:

JLCrab ,

you forgot to mention these two,

Memories...me mam used to sing this to me when i was very young.

Timeless....to me anyway.

Have a Nice Day

Thank you but I didn't forget anything -- the entire Porgy & Bess opera is about 4 hours long 

These three guys (Rush) made more transcendent sound than whole orchestras.

As a Canadian I felt they should be in there, and they did produce some good stuff past that 1978 cutoff date.

This song always gets my full attention.

Edit: Sorry sound isn't good on this live clip though, particularly the vocals.

Edited by canuckamuck

And using Rush as a segue, Here's Neil Peart playing with the Buddy Rich Band. For you guys wondering where the music went, Jazz cats leave it all on the stage. 

If you just want to watch Neil Peart displaying his awesomeness just skip up to 3:50

Edited by canuckamuck

Probably many of you have experienced sitting in a bar, and hearing loud music blasting from 2 or 3 different set of speakers, and finding it extremely annoying...

But this is what can happen if B. Eno and D. Byrne are doing a music collage..

It's worth mentioning, that while America invented rock music, the UK PERFECTED it. Rock and roll had gone down the tubes when the Beatles and the Rolling Stones lifted it back up and made it better than it was. I'm a Yank, but the best music always seems to come from Great Britain.

Edited by Jools

1 minute ago, Jools said:

It's worth mentioning, that while America invented rock music, the UK PERFECTED it. Rock and roll had gone down the tubes when the Beatles and the Rolling Stones lifted it back up and made it better than it was. I'm a Yank, but the best music always seems to come from Great Britain.

The best example of what you say:

Elvis, invented white rock, but after what? 5 songs? degenerated into a old style slimy pre rock singer / moviestar / Las Vegas Elvis imitator.

But yes, he laid the foundations of popular real rock / pop.

11 minutes ago, Jools said:

The Brit stuff was different music...Just moving music on...Nothing failed in my view...

In the forties folk were jiving to Glenn Miller stuff....Rock has been around for folk who want to let their hair down for a loooooong time...

3 hours ago, transam said:

The Brit stuff was different music...Just moving music on...Nothing failed in my view...

In the forties folk were jiving to Glenn Miller stuff....Rock has been around for folk who want to let their hair down for a loooooong time...

The style of music Glenn Miller played was known as Swing, not Rock n' Roll.