Easiest/Quickest Way To Get Thai GF to Canada

Hi there!

I'm going to keep it short and simple in my original post, and will answer any further questions in detail if needed.

My GF is 25, worked as a government teacher (handed in her resignation a week ago), from Chiang Mai, studied and graduated from Chiang Mai University, has savings around 700K thai baht in her bank account.

I am 24, self employed, Canadian citizen/resident, and I have a net worth of around 4M USD.

We have been dating for almost 2 years.

I am looking to bring her to Canada as soon as possible to live here as long as possible WITHOUT marriage. What are my options and how likely are they to succeed.

Thank you.

She can try the visitor visa as it is usually given for 6 month . They will certainly ask her  what she will do in Canada to sustain herself with no job in Thailand now.  How she will afford medical insurance and lodging. Can she speak English well enought to reply question by interviewing officer ? How long she plan to visit,  does she know people  in Canada.. etc etc.. If she mention a young boyfriend that will take care of her in Canada, I am pretty sure they will suspect she want to live with you and refuse the visitor visa.  Another point is she left her employment so she give no real reason to come back in Thailand and it is more suspicious.  It would have been better to request the visa while a teacher and then resign or ask a long non paid holiday for her employer.

Or she can request a " fiance" visa to Immigrate and live with you . This make take a long time to get and then she will never have a visitor visa if she goes this way. She will be know as a possible Immigrant on the database.

Edited by cnx355
correct typing error
  • Like 1

I was thinking more along the lines of a student visa to study in Canada. Her english is decent and she is working with a personal tutor every day to get better, she can very easily have a conversation in English, so I'm not worried about that. I also forgot to mention that she's been to Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, and Hong Kong, I'm not sure if that does anything good for her. No criminal record, all clean, etc.

Sorry.  But after the six months is up? I'm thinking Fiancee visa if they still exist. Is or used to be six months to get married. If not... 

Then again she has $20,000 saved up for a holiday. Buy her a ticket and book her a few hotels? I don't think they'll give her 6 months for that and she has no job here. As has been said better to apply while she still had a reason to come back. 

Go to the embassy explain you would like to get married and as which is the best way to accomplish your goal.

Divorce is cheap if you have a pre-nup...

Edited by VocalNeal

Best to pick you best chance and go to embassy and ask? Mostly it's all been tried before so best to be upfront about it. Just tell them you want to get married and what is the best option. The embassy is not a bust place,usually.

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Best to pick you best chance and go to embassy and ask? Mostly it's all been tried before so best to be upfront about it. Just tell them you want to get married and what is the best option. The embassy is not a bust place,usually.

I don't want to marry her just to get her to Canada, I want that day to be more special than that...

Canadian Immigration even if you get a visa will not let your gf in the country.

The Visa section is going to want to know why she quit her job.  They are going to ask to see that she has the money to support herself in Canada.  They are going to want an itinerary.  They are going to want sponsors that they can contact and NO you can not be a sponsor.

As to a student visa, she is going to need to show an invitation to a reputable post-secondary college. A plan to finance her education.  

Work permit will get also nixed as there are tons of Thais already living in Canada.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as a Fiance visa.

To get married and bring your wife you have to have lived here with her for a year at least and be able to show that you can support her. Minimum.

Canada is the way the Trump wants to make the US almost impossible to get into. 

Immigration at Canadian airports is also strict and will question her without you present to see if she can get in and they can and will refuse her if they think that she is not truthful.

Personally depending where you are, I would talk to the consulate and see, but I think it unlikely a GF would ever get permission to do to Canda unless she had a hell of a lot of reasons to come back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cnx355 said:

She can try the visitor visa as it is usually given for 6 month . They will certainly ask her  what she will do in Canada to sustain herself with no job in Thailand now.  How she will afford medical insurance and lodging. Can she speak English well enought to reply question by interviewing officer ? How long she plan to visit,  does she know people  in Canada.. etc etc.. If she mention a young boyfriend that will take care of her in Canada, I am pretty sure they will suspect she want to live with you and refuse the visitor visa.  Another point is she left her employment so she give no real reason to come back in Thailand and it is more suspicious.  It would have been better to request the visa while a teacher and then resign or ask a long non paid holiday for her employer.

Or she can request a " fiance" visa to Immigrate and live with you . This make take a long time to get and then she will never have a visitor visa if she goes this way. She will be know as a possible Immigrant on the database.

No such thing.

It seems to me that you are trying to find out ways from TV members to search for any ways to circumvent the system or any options you have not thought of, put in place by the Canadian government to control immigration and avoid unwanted visitors.

Without taking the high ground, these systems are put in place to protect Canada. London and other areas of the UK have many Thais that went there with boyfriend/girlfriends and broke up soon after arriving in the country. The Thais involved then chose to do what many of them did in their country of origin in order to stay,remain there and survive. 

They don't do bespoke visa entries just to please the few citizens.

They will also view her as irresponsible for simply quitting her job for no apparent reason unless you have been filling her head with these things. It goes against her on every level. A car does not signify a reason to return and can be sold at the drop of a hat.

Your choices are to get the necessary visas or the elite visa and hang around with her in the Far East. Visits around Asia on a Thai passport prove nothing much except that she has traveled a bit. Any Thai with funds can visit those countries.

I remember the difficulties we had in the year 2000 for the Canadian visa. The earlier poster, kingstonkid, who mentioned about Canadian immigration is right. We were further subjected to an additional in-depth grilling when we arrived in Canada. That was only a two-week visit!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It seems to me that you are trying to find out ways from TV members to search for any ways to circumvent the system or any options you have not thought of, put in place by the Canadian government to control immigration and avoid unwanted visitors.

Without taking the high ground, these systems are put in place to protect Canada. London and other areas of the UK have many Thais that went there with boyfriend/girlfriends and broke up soon after arriving in the country. The Thais involved then chose to do what many of them did in their country of origin in order to stay,remain there and survive. 

They don't do bespoke visa entries just to please the few citizens.

They will also view her as irresponsible for simply quitting her job for no apparent reason unless you have been filling her head with these things. It goes against her on every level. A car does not signify a reason to return and can be sold at the drop of a hat.

Your choices are to get the necessary visas or the elite visa and hang around with her in the Far East. Visits around Asia on a Thai passport prove nothing much except that she has traveled a bit. Any Thai with funds can visit those countries.

I remember the difficulties we had in the year 2000 for the Canadian visa. The earlier poster, kingstonkid, who mentioned about Canadian immigration is right. We were further subjected to an additional in-depth grilling when we arrived in Canada. That was only a two-week visit!!

She quit her job because it was in her best interest, regardless if her visa application for Canada is accepted or not. I must say, it's quite sad to see that Canada (and probably most other first world countries) do not even give the slightest opportunities to good and decent humans because of where they were born.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

As to a student visa, she is going to need to show an invitation to a reputable post-secondary college. A plan to finance her education.  

I was thinking this is our most viable option, but I wasn't sure if it was likely to succeed or not. I know that we have a lot of Chinese foreigners coming in from abroad to study here.

Do like the refugees Canada have open arms for refugees but if you have no criminal record well it will be very difficult to get to Canada even with a clear record this is the way it seen to work.

If you have this kind of money well hire an immigration officer or lawyer they will be happy to take your money.

Good luck I just got cleared of one after 7 years.

23 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

She may have a better chance if you stay out of the picture.

i have tried and failed three times now. I think Canada could be the most difficult country for a Thai to get a tourist visa.

Possibly for a Canadian. I am from the UK and took my Thai wife to Canada in June 2015 and the process of getting the visa was a lot easier than getting her one for the UK. 

It is a direct online application to Canadian Immigration with no 3rd party intervention and the decision came through in about 10 days. The other bonus is that her visa was for the remainder of her passport validity, about three and a half years. 

We had intended to return in 2018 before the visa expired but my first grandchild id due in May so it will be just the UK.

22 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

How long do you want her to stay?  Do you currently live together? You may already be considered married in Thailand as common-law. 

yes you say correct , she may own half that 4 million by now ...hahaha hahha hhaha 

9 hours ago, BellyNeedsJelly said:

Although I don't agree with Canada allowing entry to so many refugees, I can understand why they do it, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Can't tell if you're trolling about the lawyer part, I mean can they really assist?

i can , dude spinning like the DNC about billary ...........haha haha haha 

19 hours ago, BellyNeedsJelly said:

I must say, it's quite sad to see that Canada (and probably most other first world countries) do not even give the slightest opportunities to good and decent humans because of where they were born.

It is not where she was born it is where you were born.

Like the UK guy who's GF got a Canadian visa she could get one to travel with you to UK? maybe. 

But she is going to Canada to live with you and there is no guarantee she will ever return. As I said go to the embassy tell them you would like to get married and what is the best way to achieve it. 

There is no innocence left in the world with everyone trying to game every system governments put in place to protect their citizenry and territory. Of course maybe there never was.

Edited by VocalNeal

I have decided that you are too thick to understand so will be offering no further information. If you get married without the proper procedure you will be in the same situation you are now, except married. And please do not think that simply because you are married it will be any easier. You have to follow the correct procedure. No one is suggesting you actually get married just ask. In person.

Edited by VocalNeal

On 12/26/2017 at 3:32 PM, BellyNeedsJelly said:

I am looking to bring her to Canada as soon as possible to live here as long as possible WITHOUT marriage.

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I have decided that you are too thick to understand so will be offering no further information. If you get married without the proper procedure you will be in the same situation you are now, except married. And pleas edonot think that simply because you are married it will be any easier. You have to follow the correct procedure.

Maybe if you took the time to read the original post, we wouldn't be wasting our time with this back and forth. Maybe the capital letters weren't enough for you. Maybe I should have made it bold. Maybe I should have personally sent it to your inbox. Maybe you need help with your reading ability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1