POLL: Hugs and dirty jokes - Americans differ on acceptable behavior

webfact

On 12/28/2017 at 1:34 PM, charmonman said:

Touching someone's hand is now considered sexual harassment? Saying "nice haircut" is now considered sexual harassment? Why don't we just require women to cover themselves head to toe like the Saudis? Problem solved.

This whole thing is being pushed to the point of absurdity. 

Yes but if you can define being smiled at as sexual harassment you can sue them for a million dollars and all your worries are over. And don't worry about them. They will get their money back from the first person who tells them to ' have a nice day '.

These Americans will try anything to make a fast easy buck.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/california-woman-sues-her-parents-because-she-is-ugly/

http://www.fox13news.com/news/a-woman-who-won-more-than-a-million-dollars-is-suing-the-lottery-for-ruining-her-life

Edited by Denim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/30/2017 at 9:19 PM, JemJem said:

Many people (me included) don't like being touched or hugged unless there is a good reason/atmosphere. I don't see why so many folks fail to understand this.

Whether or not it should be counted as sexual harrassment is another thing (it depends on a variety of factors) ; but, unwanted or unexpected physical contact can really be annoying.

I find hugging colleagues, acquaintances and even friends very uncomfortable and awkward. Even the simple handshake took me quite some time to get used to. So at least I am very unlikely to be called to task for inappropriate contact.   

44 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I find hugging colleagues, acquaintances and even friends very uncomfortable and awkward. Even the simple handshake took me quite some time to get used to. So at least I am very unlikely to be called to task for inappropriate contact.   

Just looking is now sexual harassment. No man is safe.

Started years ago on the college campuses before it moved go corporate world. I had a very butch looking woman scream at me for holding a door. I explained if she wanted equal rights she had to accept the common courtesy I would offer anybody else. Later students at my alma mater were told to exchange consent forms before having a sex in a dorm room. Many of these claims are false. Note the witch hunt in US now out if control.

Hugging is a cultural thing with some groups, I don't initiate it. I won't extend my arm to shake a womans hand unless she does first, I am fine with bowing. I make no comment regarding a persons appearance.

"Your hair looks nice did you change it?" Now a big no no..

5 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Started years ago on the college campuses before it moved go corporate world. I had a very butch looking woman scream at me for holding a door. I explained if she wanted equal rights she had to accept the common courtesy I would offer anybody else. Later students at my alma mater were told to exchange consent forms before having a sex in a dorm room. Many of these claims are false. Note the witch hunt in US now out if control.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Women will say: "But all women aren't like that, and that's just your experience." I say: "But women use their experience to claim all men are pigs and potential rapists." Then I ask if they have ever spoken up against these claims by feminists. None have. I believe approaching a Western woman is like playing Russian roulette. Most are OK, but who wants to chance it? Only the guys they are protesting against in the first place. No wonder they ask, "Where have all the good guys gone?"

2 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

When men stop approaching women humanity would disappear. Workplace is the minefield, imagime how many wonderful family began with an office romance?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What women want is for men to keep their heads down and they will cut a fatted (well to do) calf from the herd. All the rejects must live their lives celibate; jail and bankruptcy  for those unbranded who dare to stray.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, Mac98 said:

Women will say: "But all women aren't like that, and that's just your experience." I say: "But women use their experience to claim all men are pigs and potential rapists." Then I ask if they have ever spoken up against these claims by feminists. None have. I believe approaching a Western woman is like playing Russian roulette. Most are OK, but who wants to chance it? Only the guys they are protesting against in the first place. No wonder they ask, "Where have all the good guys gone?"

"Where have all the good guys gone?"

In a few years when AI/ robotics provides an alternative, women really will be moaning as every man with common sense abandons the real thing because it's too hazardous to go near them.

Mind you, I fully expect women to try and ban them as they see their monopoly ( and ticket to riches ) vanishing.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Where have all the good guys gone?"

In a few years when AI/ robotics provides an alternative, women really will be moaning as every man with common sense abandons the real thing because it's too hazardous to go near them.

Mind you, I fully expect women to try and ban them as they see their monopoly ( and ticket to riches ) vanishing.

Feminists famously said "Women need men like a fish needs a bicycle". AI/robotics may leave women feeling like a fish out of water.

6 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i have found it defuses any potential conflict immensely if i say -"kancho"

immediately after i made an attempt to socialize and saw it wasnt well taken 

kancho.gif

An obvious setup. He would have had to sit there for days before a thin Western female wandered past and also needed use of that machine.