Indian man nabbed for stealing at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

Indian man nabbed for stealing at Suvarnabhumi airport

By Thai PBS

india1.jpg

An Indian man was arrested on Thursday (Dec 28) at a passenger’s terminal in Suvarnabhumi international airport on theft charge by immigration officials and airport police.

The suspect, Agawal Prashant, was accused of stealing a wallet of a Thai passenger with 25,000 baht in cash at the passenger’s terminal on Dec 25. Police and immigration officials checked the CCTV footage at the terminal and was able to pinpoint the suspect. Police then sought an arrest warrant for him.

Three days afterward on Thursday, the suspect returned to the airport, prompting the authorities to arrest him.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/indian-man-nabbed-stealing-suvarnabhumi-airport/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-29

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

“Mr Prashant, however, denied he stole the Thai passenger’s wallet, claiming that he picked the wrong wallet, believing that it belongs to him.”

Hmm...do the wallets look the same?

No.

Watch the video on the link to the article.

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:
24 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

No.

Watch the video on the link to the article.

I only saw one wallet when I watched. The other object looks like a phone. 

You're right it is a phone. Sorry.

It would appear that the tray he grabbed the wallet from belonged to the guy in front of him though.

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Good job by the police.  These pesky indians are up to no good in Thailand. He should stick to making suits.

Pakistanis, Burmese and Nepalis make suits, a lot of the Indians in Thailand are quite well off and don't bother anyone. 

You probably had a bad experience with some Bangladeshi selling you peanuts in a restaurant

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Good job by the police.  These pesky indians are up to no good in Thailand. He should stick to making suits.

Not Longtime ago a western couple was arrested for stealing a laptop. So stop using racism for arguments . He just did the wrong thing and deserves punishment.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

This is humbly very racist and stereo types people of a specific ethnicity. It does not reflect well for a newspaper of The Nation or Thai Visa credibility. 

Respectfully stick to the news, punish offenders of every nationality, and lets not derogate in blogs to create hate between one another, as crime exists everywhere not only in specific countries.

He also claimed that he didn’t know how to contact the wallet’s owner because there was no contact number in the bag, so he decided to return to the airport today to contact officials to locate the real owner.

They should cut his right hand off. Problem solved. :shock1:

27 minutes ago, coulson said:

Pakistanis, Burmese and Nepalis make suits, a lot of the Indians in Thailand are quite well off and don't bother anyone. 

Always when I meet Indians in Thailand (lower Sukhumvit Road, or Pattaya), they ...

1. Tell me 'You are a lucky man...' (trying to sell me a suit), or

2. try to bait me with 'free fries' (trying to sell me a suit).

In Hong Kong there are a lot of South Asians pestering Westerners (but never the Chinese) to 'buy watches'.

Just across the border, on the Chinese mainland, a Chinese tried to sell me watches in the same way too, to which I replied: "Now, what are you, an Indian?" :smile:

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Don't forget, according to the TAT they're Thailand's new quality tourists:smile:

?Actually the italicized observation "Quality Tourists" is factually very right. Even though it perhaps was a "tongue in cheek"?

With the volumetric amount of Indian Destination Weddings in Thailand, the filming of Bollywood Films the gross revenue by shopping sprees of affluent Indians. The total quantum by itself surpasses income for Thailand from most Western Countries.

The incidence of Indian crime rates is fairly low compared with other nationalities by Government statistics.

Similarly by itself China as an example brings in the largest amount of Tourism Revenue, and yet so much disdain shown on this forum by many racists who perhaps dont have the income themselves to part with a penny.

We have to accept reality and change our mindset in dealing with different nationalities as the demographics of trade as well affluence is shifting internationally dramatically. Even if we maybe not fond of each others lifestyles or cultural obnoxity.

I am not at all condoning this thief. I live in the United States and love Thailand. However we have to start looking at the world objectively. There is a paradigm shift of intellectual individuals in the East. It's going to not help us or our children if we continue our sarcastic mentality. As in the end our own survival depends on where are the business oppurtunities.

Edited by KICHIKRISH
better explanation and grammer edits.

3 minutes ago, KICHIKRISH said:

?Actually the italicized observation "Quality Tourists" is factually very right. Even though it perhaps was a "tongue in cheek"?

With the volumetric amount of Indian Destination Weddings in Thailand, the filming of Bollywood Films the gross revenue by shopping sprees of affluent Indians. The total quantum by itself surpasses income for Thailand from most Western Countries.

The incidence of Indian crime rates is fairly low compared with other nationalities by Government statistics.

We have to accept reality and change our mindset in dealing with different nationalities as the demographics of trade as well affluence is shifting internationally dramatically. Even if we maybe not fond of each others lifestyles or cultural obnoxity.

I am not at all condoning this thief. I live in the United States and love Thailand. However we have to start looking at the world objectively. There is a paradigm shift of intellectual individuals in the East. It's going to not help us or our children if we continue our sarcastic mentality. As in the end our own survival depends on where are the business oppurtunities.

Well said. All the best in trying to educate the racists on this forum. They jump at every opportunity to display their prejudice.

9 minutes ago, Ochomo said:

Well said. All the best in trying to educate the racists on this forum. They jump at every opportunity to display their prejudice.

Just as others pander to minorities by only posting on topics supporting Nigerians, Indians, Kenyans etc.  The amount of " reverse discrimination" on this site astounds me.  It's wazimu and I'm sure you understand what I am saying

1 minute ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Just as others pander to minorities by only posting on topics supporting Nigerians, Indians, Kenyans etc.  The amount of " reverse discrimination" on this site astounds me.  It's wazimu and I'm sure you understand what I am saying

I thought we have a right to only post on topics of interest to us? Or are we required by some law to post on every topic?

2 minutes ago, Ochomo said:

I thought we have a right to only post on topics of interest to us? Or are we required by some law to post on every topic?

of course brother, but you see how topics of interest are usually  topics that people feel great passion about, either positively or negatively.   no offence intended

24 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

of course brother, but you see how topics of interest are usually  topics that people feel great passion about, either positively or negatively.   no offence intended

I whole heartedly agree with you here. I hate it too, when Asians derogate westerners, within there own communities. Its not only a one way street. They too are equally guilty.

All I feel is that lets all choose on subjects on what we like to comment on yet keep away from racial slurs and profanities.

If you look at some of the comments here it only reflects on the individuals personal upbringing and frustration in his own closed door society. 

Edited by KICHIKRISH
grammar

1 hour ago, Ochomo said:

No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them

Elie Wiesel

1 hour ago, KICHIKRISH said:

This is humbly very racist and stereo types people of a specific ethnicity. It does not reflect well for a newspaper of The Nation or Thai Visa credibility. 

Respectfully stick to the news, punish offenders of every nationality, and lets not derogate in blogs to create hate between one another, as crime exists everywhere not only in specific countries.

steven100 may have made a racist comment by saying "pesky Indians", but the Nation reported the story about an Indian man caught stealing a wallet at the airport. That IMO isn't racist.

Would you have commented had the story stated "Russian man caught stealing..."? Accurate reporting is to be encouraged, since quite often the accuracy of such in Thailand is questionable.

If you, yourself, are Indian, I can appreciate your indignity.

5 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

steven100 may have made a racist comment by saying "pesky Indians", but the Nation reported the story about an Indian man caught stealing a wallet at the airport. That IMO isn't racist.

Would you have commented had the story stated "Russian man caught stealing..."? Accurate reporting is to be encouraged, since quite often the accuracy of such in Thailand is questionable.

If you, yourself, are Indian, I can appreciate your indignity.

of course he's indian. that's why he's been so touchy about it. had it been an english person for example, the headline would have stated so no doubt

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

of course he's indian. that's why he's been so touchy about it. had it been an english person for example, the headline would have stated so no doubt

Perhaps both Ratcher and Happy Enough maybe in for the biggest surprise to my being or not being an Indian, Latino, African American ? It may shock you frankly?

But to answer Ratcher question, YES I often in my job in Management have reprimand Indians too, who monopolize our IT Department and slur discreetly.

As to if this incident was a Russian or Muslim and a profanity hurled. I would have certainly said so vehemently.

Not to mention the typical stereo typing of Thai ladies married to Westerners here in USA. The scorn shown by many local women at them. Even if a certain pattern exists due poverty in various communities worldwide, why do we look at each person similarly.

I actually only recently started viewing the news on this website, so can not comment on past articles. Frankly I never realized that my comment with honesty would draw so much attention. Yet I am happy, because it brings to debate the disharmony of race between many communities. I have no personal anger against each of you who didn't like my opinion. Trust me?

Another off topic/racist post has been removed.

Please leave those sort of comments out of your replies to this topic.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.