western style chinese resturant in pattaya

Road Warrior

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Wok This Way is a new place opened by the Retox Group in Pattaya selling English style Chinese food. Google is your freind.

Get your skates on and you can catch Air Asia's flight tonight from CM to Pattaya. It's about 7pm.

Make a reservation for about 9pm.

The flight takes just over an hour and then it's about 30 minutes into town in mini van....if the driver is  any good.

Cheap flight about 1600 baht

Van into town 250 baht

Western type Chinese. ....priceless!

Sorry but I'll stay in CM and enjoy real Thai food. Not keen on bland Chinese cuisine.

17 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

Make a reservation for about 9pm.

The flight takes just over an hour and then it's about 30 minutes into town in mini van....if the driver is  any good.

Cheap flight about 1600 baht

Van into town 250 baht

Western type Chinese. ....priceless!

Sorry but I'll stay in CM and enjoy real Thai food. Not keen on bland Chinese cuisine.

"Not keen on bland Chinese cuisine."

Sorry but you obviously have no idea [or, maybe no tastebuds] if you can lump the multitudes of excellent varieties of cuisine from all over China into one word..'Bland??  Get outta here..

Maybe you only ever ate the NZ specialty 'Chinese food"..Chop Suey..now, that would definitely explain your thoughts. :bah:

42 minutes ago, happyas said:

Sorry but you obviously have no idea [or, maybe no tastebuds] if you can lump the multitudes of excellent varieties of cuisine from all over China into one word..'Bland??  Get outta here..

Maybe you only ever ate the NZ specialty 'Chinese food"..Chop Suey..now, that would definitely explain your thoughts. :bah:

Chop suey, egg <deleted> yung are anachronistic items that were seen on East Coast menus years ago. "General Tso, Kung Pao Chicken, Mu-shu pork" can be added as iconic creations for USA. Don't forget the "fortune cookie". All  can be quite good as long as the cooks are skilled and ingredients are fresh and plentiful. I have has some good Thai food in LA also but it is for the US market.  

Plenty of meat, no heat.

Edited by Dipterocarp

28 minutes ago, happyas said:

He is just saying he does not like bland Chinese food, that is what he wrote.  It is really stretching your immagination to suggest that he stated that all Chinese food was bland.  He specified "Western type Chinese" which can be fairly described as bland.  He has been around the block and almost certainly knows that some chinese food is not bland eventhough most of it commonly found here is and certainly most of it found in the west.

50 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

He is just saying he does not like bland Chinese food, that is what he wrote.  It is really stretching your immagination to suggest that he stated that all Chinese food was bland.  He specified "Western type Chinese" which can be fairly described as bland.  He has been around the block and almost certainly knows that some chinese food is not bland eventhough most of it commonly found here is and certainly most of it found in the west.

So sorry..i missinterpretted what CMKiwi meant...my appologies to he.:sorry:

Thanks guys,  I will try China Palace and Wok This Way in the next week or 2 and report back.  Looking for a place to make some very crispy sweet and sour pork and juicy Traditional Style Chinese Beef. 

Been to Wok N Rok now located at the Corner House restaurant next to Rompho Complex but Jomtien is a bit far for me. 

11 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Thanks guys,  I will try China Palace and Wok This Way in the next week or 2 and report back.  Looking for a place to make some very crispy sweet and sour pork and juicy Traditional Style Chinese Beef. 

Been to Wok N Rok now located at the Corner House restaurant next to Rompho Complex but Jomtien is a bit far for me. 

Are you sure that it is still open ?

11 hours ago, EdBellSmokeAndBooze said:

Are you sure that it is still open ?

If you were referring to Wok N Rok it was open at its new location at Corner House Bar the last time I was in Jomtien about 2 months ago.  

Just checked their Facebook and they haven't posted since November 17, 2017.  They usually post every day or so.  Can anyone in Jomtien confirm if they are still open?

24 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

If you were referring to Wok N Rok it was open at its new location at Corner House Bar the last time I was in Jomtien about 2 months ago.  

Just checked their Facebook and they haven't posted since November 17, 2017.  They usually post every day or so.  Can anyone in Jomtien confirm if they are still open?

long gone. Back to the UK to a venture there. It's a pity as the food was excellent. Unfortunately  with just 1 trained cook and people preferring to lie on their backs with their legs open rather than actually work for a living it was very difficult to maintain standards/delivery times etc.