Tourists' tears of grief as friend "ignores warnings" and falls at Samui waterfall

rooster59

Tourists' tears of grief as friend "ignores warnings" and falls at Samui waterfall

samui.JPG

Image: Daily News

Our picture this morning shows the moment when a holiday in paradise turned to hell for a group of Israeli tourists.

Their friend has just been found after he fell hundreds of meters to his death.

The Thai media said he had ignored warning signs at the Na Meuang 2 waterfall on Koh Samui.

Earlier Koh Samui cops had been informed by an official of the Na Meuang Safari Park that an Israeli tourist was missing after falling.

There was fast flowing water in the area and foundation medics located the body of Radwan Sabihi, 26, from the rocks at the foot of the waterfall. The cliff there is 300 meters high. 

Ropes were used to haul the body to the bank where the victim's friends sobbed by the body.

Daily News said in their headlines that the tourist had ignored warning signs about the area while district chief Klanarong Yuthitham at the scene said that he would remind all operators to stress to visitors about the dangers of the area.

image.png

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-30

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

If it deters one person from doing the same, then, why not?

You have to be drunk or joking! 

Can you see the anguish in that dead mans friends eyes??  Do you actually think showing the dead mans body is going to deter someone from doing something similar?  There is absolutely no reason TVF needs to show the dead mans body. They could and should just white it out like so many other pics on here. I did report it as well earlier. The story itself is enough to deter someone. Look at his friends eyes/ face!!  All you can say is "why not" 

That is souless. Imagine if that man was your friend or son or brother!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chippendale said:

Enough already. Get a grip on yourself. The anguish on his friend's face will make us think twice before ignoring warnings at dangerous places such as waterfalls.

Statistics of Thai road fatalities may be easily ignored as just a bunch of numbers, but gruesome pictures of road carnage help to remind me to stay sober and alert whilst out driving. Every day we risk our lives in Thailand.

How many old depresssd TVF posters/ readers do you think have even been to Koh Samui let alone go on a hike around water falls ??  I mean really. I have a grip on everything. You did not even understand my post.  The anguish on his friends face is haunting. That picture is amazing !!  There is NO reason for TVF to show the young mans dead body at all!! ZERO!  There is absolutely no reason to show the dead young mans body. Get it??  I have no problem with the rest of the picture. Read before you spew. If you feel that every day you risk your life in Thailand then go back to the UK or wherever.  You actually need road carnage pics to drive sober??  That is just plain weird! 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Delicate my as*. You are soulless. Now you call it a "lesson". Absolutely insane feelings. There is no reason to show that young dead mans body at all. 

Seems your view-point consists of a minority of one.

Far from being soulless, I try to make the deceased's senseless death have some future meaning.

What are you doing except outrage by proxy?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, connda said:

Life is not a free ride.  It has risks.  You accept the risks in order to live life at it's fullest.  When things go wrong, you should be the first to accept the inevitable.  If not, then you're a proponent of the graphic below.

darwin-awards_fb_184181.jpg

It must be great to be you. We could learn so much from you. Have you thought of writing a weekly column?

Edited by Nip
Edit

Personally I don't believe in sanitizing reality. Western media and it's populations don't have the stomach for the truth in photos, and imho this photo is not blood soaked and goes a long way to exposing the truth of the anguish and consequences from poor decisions. Being spoon-fed is one reason this unfortunate person made the choice he did.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Seems your view-point consists of a minority of one.

Far from being soulless, I try to make the deceased's senseless death have some future meaning.

What are you doing except outrage by proxy?

You just keep coming back for more. There is no reason to show the dead young mans body in that picture at all. Minority of one?  Get a grip.  You can read the story and see his friends anguish which is absolutely haunting. That is enough. And enough from you! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wcoast said:

Personally I don't believe in sanitizing reality. Western media and it's populations don't have the stomach for the truth in photos, and imho this photo is not blood soaked and goes a long way to exposing the truth of the anguish and consequences from poor decisions. Being spoon-fed is one reason this unfortunate person made the choice he did.

Where the hell do you get from that article or picture that the young dead man was spoonfed?  Ridiculous!  To top it off you critisize western media compared to Thai media? Thai media that is controlled on every level especially when someone important dies??  Think  about it.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

How many old depresssd TVF posters/ readers do you think have even been to Koh Samui let alone go on a hike around water falls ??  I mean really. I have a grip on everything. You did not even understand my post.  The anguish on his friends face is haunting. That picture is amazing !!  There is NO reason for TVF to show the young mans dead body at all!! ZERO!  There is absolutely no reason to show the dead young mans body. Get it??  I have no problem with the rest of the picture. Read before you spew. If you feel that every day you risk your life in Thailand then go back to the UK or wherever.  You actually need road carnage pics to drive sober??  That is just plain weird! 

Stop drooling over that photo, and man up. Yes, I do feel that every day I risk my life driving in Thailand; 61 (and climbing) road fatalities per day attest to that. I often hike or cycle in nature and realise that I'm risking my life, but I'm not as delicate as you and will not cry over a photo and hide indoors. A way to avoid pain in life is by turning off the news and logging off Thaivisa, but that's just to deny that bad things can and do happen.

Life can be tough. Toughen up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Well it is not the first or last at that particular spot.It is up to the official to ensure that this place is well secured and safe for all.

The Israeli Arab young man should have adhered to the rules.

WHY! How many tourists go up there every year? How many fall down? Why do "officials" have to ruin every beautiful spot worldwide with "security" structures because of a few accidents? 

4 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Well it is not the first or last at that particular spot.It is up to the official to ensure that this place is well secured and safe for all.

The Israeli Arab young man should have adhered to the rules.

WHY! How many tourists go up there every year? How many fall down? Why do "officials" have to ruin every beautiful spot worldwide with "security" structures because of a few accidents? 

4 hours ago, wcoast said:

It's comments like yours that makes Thai visa great. Your right he was unfortunate but? How on earth or in Uranus can you determine he was SPOON FED? 

It's comments like yours that makes Thai visa great. Your right he was unfortunate but? How on earth or in Uranus can you determine he was SPOON FED? 
Spoon-fed is my way of saying he was unconcerned, unaware, unmindful of the grizzly consequences by way of being sheltered from the harsh reality that photos, stories, and warnings especially graphic ones, might have made him rethink his decision to ignore the dangers because sanitized spoon-fed truth is all that is put out for western public consumption.
Seriously, Thailand is a wonderful playground, all is open for us to explore, with little hindrance or restrictions. But for Lords sake, if the authorities actually go to the trouble to put up a warning sign it's for damn good reason. Only a ___ would discount it as not applying to themselves.
I'm not going to extrapolate every nuance of my post. Let those who haves eyes see, and those who have ears hear.