Phuket van driver pulls gun in traffic, gets arrested

rooster59

Phuket van driver pulls gun in traffic, gets arrested 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1514607409_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Patong police yesterday (Dec 29) charged a van driver for illegal possession of a firearm after he threatened another driver during a road rage incident on Dec 28.

According to a report filed by Lt Col Narong Muangduang of the Wichit Police, Mr Padet Boonkeaw, 50, told police that he had been threatened with a gun following a altercation on the road at about 10.30am on Dec 28.

According to the report Padet was driving from his home in Phuket Town to Patong for work. As he drove passed Darasamut intersection, he said a van driver tried to cut in front of him, and he was unable to give the way because of other traffic.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-van-driver-pulls-gun-in-traffic-gets-arrested-65355.php#RcdK9LUEfoxQGqFh.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-12-30

1 hour ago, meinphuket said:

Never give way to idiot drivers, especially mobster minibus drivers...

I say give way to any idiot driver regardless of who they are. The road is no place to see who has the biggest coonjabbies.

Back off and stay away from potential accidents.

That way, from a distance, you can get better footage of the action - if any - on your dash cam while you are still alive.

49 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I say give way to any idiot driver regardless of who they are. The road is no place to see who has the biggest coonjabbies.

That way, from a distance, you can get better footage of the action - if any - on your dash cam while you are still alive.

Makes perfect sense!    Being confrontational, particularly in Thailand, is pointless and can have serious consequences, sometimes followed by a cremation.

"It is meaningless to do this. If the pick up track had hit his van he would lose time to fix it which would affect his income. He has no reason to do this,“ Mr Tinakorn said."

Calling BS on the above statement, you can see these clowns pushing in at the risk of damage almost every time your out on the road.

9 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Yep agree on that............this after 11 yrs of driving here, and where I used to get angry at these idiots cutting in and cutting me up, now I just let it be and carry on regardless.

Life is short, and precarious enough on the roads here, without inviting trouble.

Phuket driving is a nightmare at the moment the traffic is so heavy

Long queues on Patong Hill and into Chalong.

But I have to say. after swearing and cursing at them for years and now being worn down into mere open mouthed amazement, I do feel for taxi/van drivers etc who have to try to have a time schedule.

It must be very frustrating for them too.

1 hour ago, Patong2 said:

Phuket driving is a nightmare at the moment the traffic is so heavy

Long queues on Patong Hill and into Chalong.

But I have to say. after swearing and cursing at them for years and now being worn down into mere open mouthed amazement, I do feel for taxi/van drivers etc who have to try to have a time schedule.

It must be very frustrating for them too.

If they don't like it and cannot behave civilized,  they can work in construction for 10 k a month, where a foreman will teach them...