Chicken thread - Chesters v KFC v ha dow

Rc2702

First time I had a Chesters grill was about 3 hours ago.

Hands down better value better taste and bigger quantity than ha Dow and KFC. 

240 baht for a 5 pc meal of tasty grilled chicken some cheesy fries amd 2 large soft drinks, frieswhich were a bit too salty but overall versus KFC and ha Dow I'd go with Chesters every time.

Never heard anyone mention this place before, I seen em about they never appealed to me but damn that chicken was the best I had from a fast food joint since arriving in Los. 

• Like 1

I will try them next time, thanks for the info.

I admit to being very disappointed with KFC here. Buy a family meal bucket, and get a miniscule bag of fries, actually counted them, and it worked out at five and a half fries each......17 in total !!!

• Haha 1

Chesters is good, IMO, because it serves grilled chicken, not deep fried like KFC.  5 Dao rotisserie chicken is pretty good also.  But I don't like thier fried chicken I'd much rather eat grilled than the greasy fried chicken.  And, KFC wins the cheapskate prize for giving the smallest amount of french fries with each order.  No one compares favorably to McD's for french fries quantity.

• Like 1

Chesters is good for what it is:  inexpensive, but decent, semi-fast food.  I've never seen/heard of "Ha Dow"  ("5 Dao"?)  Is it a chain, too?  Throughout Thailand, or only regional?

13 hours ago, tonray said:

Never had the chicken but some Chesters have a coffee shop attached...good for a drink and some "Th(eye)" candy...ha ha

Although this thread is about food, rather than females .

Although you maybe a "phrrooaaaawwww, nudge -nudge, wink-wink, juggs on that" kind of guy , some of us have other interests

• Sad 1

I seen a few good chicken questions here and I always take note so when I ate their chicken yesterday I was surprised I never heard this joint mentioned before.

This grilled chicken they do is really very good. I'll never touch KFC again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I seen a few good chicken questions here and I always take note so when I ate their chicken yesterday I was surprised I never heard this joint mentioned before.

I did go to Chesters once , but the Coke was 90 % ice and one sip of coke , put me off and didnt go back

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tonray said:

BTW...Chesters by far has the cuter girls and shorter skirts too

Ehhh....  Fast chicken food pervert?  Or a pervert that likes fast food chicken?  Inquireing minds need to know 

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I have found this also

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/996372-good-quality-grilled-chicken-where-to-eat-it-or-take-away-what-is-a-good-quality-chicken/

They seem to be experts.

Edited by EdBellSmokeAndBooze

Just now, i claudius said:

Sorry i think chesters is rubbish. As for their chips with that "cheese" on it yuk

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I suspect Chesters do great chicken and mediocre everything else. The grilled chicken is reminiscent of that chicken joint called nandos which I know from uk and a nandos style chicken kills KFC and ha Dow and at a more competitive price point. Surprisingly tasty chicken and good portions.

I regularly buy their “ Black Chilli “ ( I think that’s what it’s called ) bucket for 199 baht, 5 pieces of chicken, 2 cokes and fries.
The fries are a bit on the salty side , I think they advertise as cheese and salty egg fries !! but are still good.
The Black chilli gives it a good Mexican taste .

Try it RC I think you will like it.

14 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Chesters is good for what it is:  inexpensive, but decent, semi-fast food.  I've never seen/heard of "Ha Dow"  ("5 Dao"?)  Is it a chain, too?  Throughout Thailand, or only regional?

Maybe you know it by Five Star chicken--a small shack selling chicken at many petrol stations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, smotherb said:

Maybe you know it by Five Star chicken--a small shack selling chicken at many petrol stations.

Ah, that explains it.  As a non-driver, I don't often pay attention to gas stations.

10 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Ah, that explains it.  As a non-driver, I don't often pay attention to gas stations.

Well, they are not exclusively at petrol stations; some are outside 7/11, others near open markets, you know, whatever location.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, tonray said:

BTW...Chesters by far has the cuter girls and shorter skirts too

Didn't notice that in Lamphun and I used to buy their excellent specials whenever I went to the mall.

For the cutest girls nothing beats that ice cream chain in all the malls. 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, sanemax said:

Although this thread is about food, rather than females .

Although you maybe a "phrrooaaaawwww, nudge -nudge, wink-wink, juggs on that" kind of guy , some of us have other interests

You must enjoy being a wet blanket. It's a forum about THAILAND, not Saudi, good grief, and yes, many ?most of us are here because of the girls. Some of course come for the temples and the golf 555555555

As for the OP, there's a difference? It's all just chicken with a bit of something on the outside. I just get whichever shop is cheapest. 

Edited by thaibeachlovers

5 hours ago, wpcoe said:

I was a regular long distance driver, and I have to say that I didn't notice any of them at fuel stations that I used, 7 11, markets or anywhere else. Perhaps in a specific area of Thailand.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was a regular long distance driver, and I have to say that I didn't notice any of them at fuel stations that I used, 7 11, markets or anywhere else. Perhaps in a specific area of Thailand.

Here in Bangyai (bit north of BKK)  i see them quite often actually think there are 3 or 4 of them in a 3 km radius of my home.