Happy New Year.

thaibeachlovers

So, I went to Thapae Gate about 11.30pm.

Pretty much what I expected.

Loads of people enjoying themselves, taking selfies, launching lanterns ( btw they were spectacular ), no troublemakers, hardly any police presence.

Nice and warm.

No big announcement of 12 midnight, but plenty of cheering and some tourist snogging. 

Unfortunately, though there were some big fireworks going off somewhere, hardly any visible from Thapae. Appeared to be from the river, and blocked by the buildings. At least someone had brought some small fireworks for a low key display.

The only disappointment on my side was that there appeared to have been NO, ZERO, NADA involvement by the city authorities. They couldn't even be bothered to put on a stage with bands to entertain the crowds before midnight. Pattaya did that last time I was there for NYE. In Bkk I think there was a big show down by Central World.

Chiang Mai- nothing. Boo to the city authorities and shame on them. They must be raking in the baht with all the tourists, but do nothing to promote Chiang Mai as a tourist destination.

PS, the city authorities decided to let the bars stay open after midnight, till 2am or something- pathetic.

However, they were happy as loads of customers, except for the bar with the stupid boss that played music so loudly that it put customers off. Next door was doing just fine.

Happy New Year, to all the lads and lasses on TVF,

may all your wishes for 2018 come true, I have already

had a bit of luck,so hope 2018 turns out to be a good year,

better than 2017 when I had to replace 4 A/c's,a fridge,

and Freezer,wondering what was going to go next.

regards worgeordie