UFC president Dana White visits girl after paying for her lifesaving operation in Thailand

webfact

Pic: Dana White visits girl after paying for her lifesaving operation in Thailand

By MMAmania.com 

mm.jpg

In 2010, a four year-old girl named Tuptim was in desperate need of a liver transplant. Students and staff at Tiger Muay Thai, where her father worked as a trainer, started an online campaign to try to raise $50,000 to cover the cost of the operation.

The call was answered by none other than UFC president Dana White. After seeing a thread on the Underground forum, he agreed to cover the remaining cost of the operation, with $10,000 having already been raised this would have been somewhere in the region of $40,000.

Full story: https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/4/16849218/dana-white-visits-girl-after-paying-lifesaving-operation-thailand

-- MMAmania 2018-01-05

nice jester, 

however the man is worth something in the region of 350 millon USD since the sale of the UFC  if i had that sort of money i would do things like this a lot more often without the press knowing about it.

Edited by catman20

29 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i would do things like this a lot more often without the press knowing about it

Tbf to him it's only since he has now come to Thailand to visit her that we now know. He gave the money in 2010.... 

Nice gesture Dana ?

Edited by goldenbrwn1

37 minutes ago, catman20 said:

nice jester, 

however the man is worth something in the region of 350 millon USD since the sale of the UFC  if i had that sort of money i would do things like this a lot more often without the press knowing about it.

Envy?

Do you know lots of good deeds  the press does not know about him?

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

nice jester, 

Absolutely agree. I'm sure his intention was good but not looking for recognition would be better. 

11 hours ago, catman20 said:

nice jester, 

That might be possible, and I am not judging you at all, but that´s usually what most people say.

This has to do with the two economic factors, income and net worth. Traditionally people that has been focusing on high income all their life tend to express themselfs like they would spend more on things. This is also what they usually do to. A peson like Dana that has been focusing more on net worth in his life, is more into investing instead of spending. That´s because he like his money to grow. That´s a classic thing that happens to people that get to a certain economic point in life.

However, as I say, I am not judging and unaware of your situation, so I can not be sure at anything. Maybe you are the 1% that are unique. If you really are a person that would spend more on things like this if you had the same kind of money like Dana. Yeah, what is there to say more then you must be a sincere Do-Gooder! :smile:

I still find it very hard to believe, though, and all genes of the traditional human economic mind talks against it.

13 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Envy?

not envious , do i wish i had his sort of money ? of course good luck to him hope he enjoys his money.

DO YOU?

14 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Tbf to him it's only since he has now come to Thailand to visit her that we now know. He gave the money in 2010.... 

Nice gesture Dana ?

agree with you, i dont think he came here just to see her i think he was he was here to have a meeting with mike swick who used to fight for the UFC and now lives and has a gym in phuket. killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

47 minutes ago, catman20 said:

not envious , do i wish i had his sort of money ? of course good luck to him hope he enjoys his money.

DO YOU?

Doesn't matter whether he does know or not.

You claim Dana should be doing more good deeds without seeking publicity, but you have no idea whether he doesn't already do that.

And then start shouting at the poster that points that out to you? Sad.

14 hours ago, Nip said:

Absolutely agree. I'm sure his intention was good but not looking for recognition would be better. 

I don't understand why you think this would be better. For a start, it's not a crime to recognise good deeds. But more importantly, it offers up a lesson to others to be philanthropic. In this case, silence isn't golden. Hope you agree. Cheers.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Doesn't matter whether he does know or not.

You claim Dana should be doing more good deeds without seeking publicity, but you have no idea whether he doesn't already do that.

And then start shouting at the poster that points that out to you? Sad.

you could start a fight in a phone box alone. stop nit picking all i said was IF I HAD HIS MONEY I WOULD LIKE TO DO MORE THINGS LIKE THAT  i never once said he should do more.

try reading what i write and not what you think :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by catman20

17 minutes ago, catman20 said:

you could start a fight in a phone box alone. stop nit picking all i said was IF I HAD HIS MONEY I WOULD LIKE TO DO MORE THINGS LIKE THAT  i never once said he should do more.

try reading what i write and not what you think :post-4641-1156693976:

And again shouting at people who disagree with you. I think the only one who deserves a red card here is you my friend.

3 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

I don't understand why you think this would be better. For a start, it's not a crime to recognise good deeds. But more importantly, it offers up a lesson to others to be philanthropic. In this case, silence isn't golden. Hope you agree. Cheers.

I believe people don't need to witness others do good deeds to want to enrich somebody elses life. Its something from within that does not seek a reward or recognition.  When my father died many people I never met came up to me at the funeral and told me how my father had helped him or her while he was alive. Paying medical bills etc anonymously. That to me is how to to help a fellow man out seeking no earthly reward or recognition.

20 hours ago, catman20 said:

nice jester, 

Yep- lets just find the bad in a story.

Have a happy day.

PS- do you mean 'gesture'? :post-4641-1156694572:

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

And again shouting at people who disagree with you. I think the only one who deserves a red card here is you my friend.

trying to get post across to people like you that dont read all the posts from the beginning. and only read what u think is written....my friend !

5 hours ago, Nip said:

I believe people don't need to witness others do good deeds to want to enrich somebody elses life. Its something from within that does not seek a reward or recognition.  When my father died many people I never met came up to me at the funeral and told me how my father had helped him or her while he was alive. Paying medical bills etc anonymously. That to me is how to to help a fellow man out seeking no earthly reward or recognition.

It may very well be that he had no control over this article. It may have been one of his entourage who leaked it to the press (as an ex-journo, I know how these things work). The fact that we have heard nothing about this girl for six years, nor of any other good deeds he may have done, leads me to be a little less cynical about White. Regardless - the little lass looks well, and that's the most important thing. She won't forget Dana White, but we probably will (or at least his good deed).