Condo Rents Dropping?

Rockjockey

Looking to rent condo in Patts soon. I have been looking at many offerings in Facebook and it seems to me the rates are dropping. I cant be sure though.

Those of you that follow rentals can you give me your 2 cents please?

Also given my budget tops out about 15000 per month can you suggest the areas in Patts that are the most convenient for Supermarkets, gyms.

Long-term rentals not shortterm.

I plan on being in Thailand for the next 5 years or so.

I'm not interested in being close to bars.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

Have a look at the View Talay buildings in Jomtien, near the bus station.solid buildings built in the 90's . Studio rooms start from 8k and up. Some of the units are nicely decorated and for 15k you will get the best ones on the higher floors. To avoid mosquitos always choose a top floor , then you can open the balcony door and get that nice ocean breeze in without worrying about mosquitos.

Thanks Balo
I might be out of luck however I want something 45 plus square meters. I have quite a bit of home gym stuff so need some room. Ive found studios don't work for me. Not fussed about high floors just so long it is 3 or above.
Anyhooo on my my way to Patts as I type this. Just to spend a few days with Son then back to Cental Thailand with a rental van to pickup stuff. Then back to Patts I appreciate your input. Thanks.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Baht buses are the convèrted pickup trucks. ฿10 on every route no matter distance. Best invention ever.

I note that the government made it illegal for people to be carried in the back of a pickup truck.

Converted or not these are still pickup trucks....

Of course they don't enforce it or even think too much about it before writing these laws.

I wonder if insurance policies would cover people if there's an accident while using an illegal method of transport ?

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am aware of beachfront units in Na Jomtien, away from the bars and noise, that can be rented in your price range with 1 bedroom, from 45-65 square meters.  Contact me for more info.  I'm not an agent and I seek no commission.

I am aware of beachfront units in Na Jomtien, away from the bars and noise, that can be rented in your price range with 1 bedroom, from 45-65 square meters.  Contact me for more info.  I'm not an agent and I seek no commission.

Thanks Pipeflaw... expect to hear from me tomorrow. How best to reach you?

Beware that NaJomtien is a bit out from the city . But you will get better deals there probably. It will be more difficult with transportation , but there is a 20 baht bus that will take you to south pattaya rd , and then you can change to the ordinary baht bus. 

If you're looking for 40 to 60 sqm , the choices are more limited under 20k baht . There are some nice beach side condos in central Jomtien , I would just visit the condo office  and look for available units , then bargain the price down to 15k for min. 12 month contract . 

Beware that NaJomtien is a bit out from the city . But you will get better deals there probably. It will be more difficult with transportation , but there is a 20 baht bus that will take you to south pattaya rd , and then you can change to the ordinary baht bus. 

If you're looking for 40 to 60 sqm , the choices are more limited under 20k baht . There are some nice beach side condos in central Jomtien , I would just visit the condo office  and look for available units , then bargain the price down to 15k for min. 12 month contract . 

Thanks for the heads up Balo.
When I have time to sit down with my map I will have a feel for what seems workable. For sure I don't want too far out. Good feedback from you. Rhank you.

Don't know why so many people suggest places in Jomtien or - worse - Na Jomtien. For your 15'000 baht budget you can easily find a decent condo (50 m2?) in Pattaya itself, and Pattaya as far more to offer than just bars and agogos: Hundreds of massage places, restaurants and BBQ, many big malls and supermarkets, bowlings, movies theatres, gyms, sport clubs,... and most with easy access with bahtbus.

Hey PATTAYA46 THANKS.
ALL feedback welcomed. Ill sift through it in due course.
Cheers

there is really a lot to rent. try second beach road jomtien as wel. i stay at rimhat. they offer here studios at 8000 to be negotiated. one bedroom app at 10 - 12000 and 2 or three bedroom max at 17000.

there is a pool actually two pools and there is a gym

There is often not much rhyme or reason to rental prices, with big variations even within the same block. My block in Jomtien has anything from 8.000pm through to 20,000pm and at the moment high season premium/rise.

Pick your location and block then start looking. 15k should get a nice studio or separate 1 Br , pool and gym in complex etc. you can get the price down significantly signing a 1-2 year lease.

15,000 pm over 5 years works out at 900,000. You can buy a Condo for not much more, especially round at Jomtien.

For Rentals, If you are interested, I can put you in touch with a friend of my wifes who does rentals in blocks near us in Jomtien, Park Lane, Paradise Park , Amazon etc. Pm if interested.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

I was in Pattaya over New Years and there was a policeman stopping the trucks going between Jomtien and South Pattaya when they had people standing on the back. Often the trucks that come by are very full already while others refused to stop. Taxis still refuse to use the meter. 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Don't know why so many people suggest places in Jomtien or - worse - Na Jomtien. For your 15'000 baht budget you can easily find a decent condo (50 m2?) in Pattaya itself, and Pattaya as far more to offer than just bars and agogos: Hundreds of massage places, restaurants and BBQ, many big malls and supermarkets, bowlings, movies theatres, gyms, sport clubs,... and most with easy access with bahtbus.

You can't throw a rock anywhere in Pattaya without hitting a Bar, Massage parlor, 7/11 - you want quiet, move to Jom Tien.  I lived in Pattaya for 2 years, city never sleeps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

There is often not much rhyme or reason to rental prices, with big variations even within the same block. My block in Jomtien has anything from 8.000pm through to 20,000pm and at the moment high season premium/rise.

Pick your location and block then start looking. 15k should get a nice studio or separate 1 Br , pool and gym in complex etc. you can get the price down significantly signing a 1-2 year lease.

15,000 pm over 5 years works out at 900,000. You can buy a Condo for not much more, especially round at Jomtien.

For Rentals, If you are interested, I can put you in touch with a friend of my wifes who does rentals in blocks near us in Jomtien, Park Lane, Paradise Park , Amazon etc. Pm if interested.

This is why I bought mine, just did the math also I can rent it if I want too. No plans for that yet, but If I upgrade, I'll have one for rent.  I live in one of the Condo Complexes you mention above, and am actively searching for a two bedroom, would rather purchase but would consider rental as I would only be using it 6 months a year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Very untrue. Most bars are located along the Beach, 2nd Rd and Soi Buakhao.

Pattaya is far bigger that this area and from 3rd Rd there is nearly no more bars & massages, but still many 7/11 :wink:

And BTW, the OP didn't ask for a quiet place.

he did say "I'm not interested in being close to bars."  so maybe 3rd road would be better for him, I haven't been there, if you want to be technical, Jom Tien is also part of Pattaya.