Police search for foreigner after Pattaya bar girl dies from condo fall

rooster59

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, electric said:

What the ?

No mention of her nationality in the OP, so your little rant about farangs is pretty pointless. She could well be Thai, Chinese, Cambodian .... whatever.

identified as 26 year old Wannipha Chanhuathon.

1 minute ago, soistalker said:

Fall from condo:

-Farang = suicide

-Thai bargirl = murder 

That point has already been made numerous times in this thread .

A bargirl is highly unlikely to decide to commit suicide whilst at a customers hotel

An old ferang with depression is quite likely to commit suicide from his hotel room .

Even saying that , ferang  deaths are investigated

24 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Fall from condo:

-Farang = suicide

-Thai bargirl = murder 

At 26 years old, maybe she just felt jumping was a better move than the possibly 8 years she'd been working Soi 6.

Maybe, possibly? She's dead.

Edited by jenny2017

Low balconies are only dangerous if your center of mass is higher than the balcony. Thai balconies were built for Thai-sized people. That's why more drunk, tall farangs are falling over balconies than Thais are. 

8 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

Indeed you are correct. Suicide is quite uncommon here. It's doubtful a 26 year old Thai would jump to her death. 

how old was the young lady that jumped of the bridge on facebook live last week?

Thailand has the 46th highest suicide rate of 106 rankings. Compared to western nations only Belgium,  Hungary and Slovenia are ranked higher.

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Sleepwalking, perhaps? Now there's a theory that the TV detectives don't come up with very often.

Or

Could have been confused on drugs, woke up and saw 'what/who' she was with, regretted her lifestyle, give me more money or I'll jump, temper tantrum, etc. .......... (I've had at least 2 occasions where different Thai women in a room with me were threatening self harm, seems fairly common)

Sad that a young woman died in such a way, at least with us foreigners, most of us have already lived our lives.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

18 hours ago, electric said:

What the ?

No mention of her nationality in the OP, so your little rant about farangs is pretty pointless. She could well be Thai, Chinese, Cambodian .... whatever.

Well considering her name and place of employment a Thai lady shouldn't be too far a stretch of the possibilities for our usually perceptive bedsit detectives. Not sure why so many are into the usual murder/ suicide speculations generally applied to tourist plungers.

Sad really, young woman just trying to make money and in a risky game.

RIP, so sad. I think most likely some kind of altercation after sex and that would most likely be over money. I reckon he's pushed her and whether intentionally or not she fell over the balcony. Either way that guy is in some serious shit. Just speculation of course until the truth comes out that's my thoughts on it. Anyway RIP and best wishes to the family who not only lose a family member but probably a crucial source of income too

22 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

No suggestion of suicide ? Oh no, it probably wasn't a farang.

that was my first thought as well... if a foreigner was the one died.. instant suicide.. being this was a thai.. instant murder assumptions.. 

i am not saying it could be murder... only comparing how the police approach this and the press releases that follow

5 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

There is a little more info in the BP. The man had an argument with his gf, stormed out then brought the soi 6 girl back to his room.

This opens up all kinds of jealousy scenarios.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

yes, that puts a whole new spin on it and Police saying they don't even know if he was involved yet. Anyway, very sad

CCTV,  at Cosy?

If so, should be clear, what time they came in, what time she felt, reported the guard found the body not long after he heard the sound and also reported no one else was inside?  Is there another exit that one can take again?  CCTV in condo lobby?  CCTV, outside in the Soi, of course as reported they might not be working etc etc.?

8 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

if a foreigner was the one died.. instant suicide..

One of those little myths we live by for police bashing and victimism purposes. Let's see you find a single article where police instantly ruled a farang death a suicide. They often raise it as a possibility, however--which it often is. But onlyTVF members are allowed to speculate, rampantly, based on the article, as they aren't on the scene. Why's that? :wink:

How to Avoid Spreading Myths and Misinformation Online