rooster59

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, nchuckle said:

You just made that up. You can apply for a visa on the basis of sufficient assets to support yourself. In your case it seems this medium will give you space to air your views even if you have more than enough ignorance.

Ok, since you find it so difficult to comprehend the comment in relation to the topic under discussion, i will rephrase it for you : UK will grant asylum to any fugitive escaping from a conviction in their country provided they have enough money and assets in the UK. No morals. Examples are galore, one of them is the red bull murderer.

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Ok, since you find it so difficult to comprehend the comment in relation to the topic under discussion, i will rephrase it for you : UK will grant asylum to any fugitive escaping from a conviction in their country provided they have enough money and assets in the UK. No morals. Examples are galore, one of them is the red bull murderer.

Do YOU have definite proof that "Boss", the Red Bull murderer was granted asylum in the UK?

If you have please post the link stating that.

If you have no proof, links whatever, then it is only your word which means very little.

Umh, I don't want to rain on your parade but, how can I put it, the "Red Bull" fellow has not been granted asylum by the UK!

He remains at large because the Thai authorities have made no attempt to arrest him ...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Do YOU have definite proof that "Boss", the Red Bull murderer was granted asylum in the UK?

If you have please post the link stating that.

If you have no proof, links whatever, then it is only your word which means very little.

I coined a phrase a while back I was rather pleased with: 'Extra-factual truths'. What a marvel it is to be living in a time when you can simply present any old flapdoodle to the world, demand it is taken as gospel and fail to provide provide any plausible reasons why we should...

5 hours ago, baboon said:

I coined a phrase a while back I was rather pleased with: 'Extra-factual truths'. What a marvel it is to be living in a time when you can simply present any old flapdoodle to the world, demand it is taken as gospel and fail to provide provide any plausible reasons why we should...

Yes-it is like the old medieval concept of a "Narrenschiff"-a ship of fools.But this time they all come equipped with hand held communication devices and,as you quite rightfully state,complete and utter flapdoodlery is the result.

Yes-it is like the old medieval concept of a "Narrenschiff"-a ship of fools.But this time they all come equipped with hand held communication devices and,as you quite rightfully state,complete and utter flapdoodlery is the result.

Perhaps it is time for the process to be recognised, codified perhaps. It certainly has been the case on this forum that once an "extra factual truth" (bravo!) has been mentioned, oh, let us say three times in a thread it becomes a fact. Describing it as such in capital letters -"FACT" rather seals the deal.
But hold, we have perhaps inadvertently three times mentioned the suggestion that a large brown envelope has been handed to the UK authorities to ensure Yingluck receives asylum: have we been guilty of that which we have been discussing?

29 minutes ago, JAG said:

Perhaps it is time for the process to be recognised, codified perhaps. It certainly has been the case on this forum that once an "extra factual truth" (bravo!) has been mentioned, oh, let us say three times in a thread it becomes a fact. Describing it as such in capital letters -"FACT" rather seals the deal.
But hold, we have perhaps inadvertently three times mentioned the suggestion that a large brown envelope has been handed to the UK authorities to ensure Yingluck receives asylum: have we been guilty of that which we have been discussing?

How about "Why I am totally bored with Yingluck and other amusing stories authored by a cardboard cutout." thread?

Or"How I make a living in Omsk-or possibly Tomsk." as an engaging alternative to the dozens of "Yingluck" threads?

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity

11 hours ago, saakura said:

Thank you for confirming your complete ignorance by saying the Red Bull heir had been granted asylum. You seem to have no understanding of the difference between being allowed to stay (under various visa categories) and being granted asylum. International and European law on asylum requires no financial qualifications. Most seeking asylum ,by definition ,will be impoverished . As others have pointed out Red Bull heir has no cause to seek asylum because no international arrest warrant has been issued. You really are a bone head.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:39 AM, graemeaylward said:

As far as I am aware, the U.K. does not have an Interior Ministry! All applications for political asylum are dealt with through the Home Office, or have things changed since I was last there!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The name of the interior ministry of the UK is the Home Office, however it should not have been capitalized as that is not it's name.

11 hours ago, baboon said:

'Extra-factual truths'.

What a lovely term to use. I wish I had thought of it.

I have a temptation to steal it, use it on a different forum and claim that I invented the term.

After 3 posts it will then become a FACT and I can sue you for billions. :whistling::biggrin:

Have a great day and thanks for the laugh.

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

'Extra-factual truths'.

What a lovely term to use. I wish I had thought of it.

I have a temptation to steal it, use it on a different forum and claim that I invented the term.

After 3 posts it will then become a FACT and I can sue you for billions. :whistling::biggrin:

Have a great day and thanks for the laugh.

Hey, go for it, I say. Half of my material is nicked from others... Just don't build your hopes up about those billions. I have just checked my net worth on the table next to me while composing this reply.... Don't spend the whole of the 17 Baht in one shop would be my advice...

I'm sure the British government have been quite adequately briefed regarding the inconsistencies of the so-called " Thai justice system ". They just needed to interview  Jonathan Head of the BBC (as well as the two British subjects from Phuket the BBC were trying to report on).

Just hearing that story would be sufficient for any fair and reasonable government to grant political asylum to anyone that would otherwise be sent back to a court run by a very politically biased military junta.

Edited by midas

7 hours ago, baboon said:

Hey, go for it, I say. Half of my material is nicked from others... Just don't build your hopes up about those billions. I have just checked my net worth on the table next to me while composing this reply.... Don't spend the whole of the 17 Baht in one shop would be my advice...

That is about 3 baht more than I have in my account. The joint account with my wife is flush with 195 baht.

I will definitely go for it now.

57 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That is about 3 baht more than I have in my account. The joint account with my wife is flush with 195 baht.

5 Baht more. I discovered another 2 Baht later on. Sh!t...?

On 1/8/2018 at 1:53 AM, gk10002000 said:

I understand the applying for asylum, but how did she get in the country in the first place?  Just fly a private jet in?  Seems pretty unfair to the hundreds of UK people that try to bring in a Thai partner legally and properly. 

Probably left the country the same way I did and arrived in the UK the same way I did and guess what I had no passport either, so work that out if you can. The only difference was I had a 7 hour drive to the airport and she flew?

But my Thai wife who did not know what was happening left by the correct routs and entered the UK with her RTR.

Still waiting for the Thais to come and get me, but they will not as that story will end tourism very quickly. Just a corrupt bunch of toerags.

5 Baht more. I discovered another 2 Baht later on. Sh!t...[emoji35]

Congratulations gentlemen, on joining me at the cutting edge of the movement to turn Thailand into a cashless society