Video: Dead on her birthday - 20 year old uni student dies on way home

webfact

I think the world i knew 20 years ago is different now 20 years ago people actually took notice what was going on around them Now they dont because most of them have there face stuck in a mobile phone Not long ago was walking down the main street of Brisbane around 12 Midday Out came all the office workers with there heads in the mobile phones  One of them ran straight into me because there face was glued to that phone There was no sorry no reaction nothing  In fact there face never left that bloody phone They are totally oblivious to what is going on around them 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Agree.  Where are the kind caring Buddhists?  Society seems to be rapidly going down hill here.  

Buddhism (like 'christianity') has been hijacked by too many for personal gain - power and riches. :sad:

RIP young lady and condolences to family and friends.

4 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

I think the world i knew 20 years ago is different now 20 years ago people actually took notice what was going on around them Now they dont because most of them have there face stuck in a mobile phone Not long ago was walking down the main street of Brisbane around 12 Midday Out came all the office workers with there heads in the mobile phones  One of them ran straight into me because there face was glued to that phone There was no sorry no reaction nothing  In fact there face never left that bloody phone They are totally oblivious to what is going on around them 

Thais were like that way before phone were even out.

I saw this yesterday and it came to mind several times after during the day as so tragic.

I remember looking at the video to see if she was on the phone or some reason for her not to see the divider. Just bang and gone!

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I saw what I saw, no one stopping, motorcyclist, riding and looking at her as he slowed as if to say, hmmm, what is that and kept riding, the bus stopping some 200 metres up the road, you would think as the bus went over her, and we could all clearly see it go up as it went over her, that he would have put on his hazzard lights there and then and stopped, but nope, some passengers must have said, hey stop you just ran over someone.

"...as if to say..."

"...you would think..."

'...some passengers must have said..."

Lot's of speculation there, that's all, nothing else.  You saw exactly what everyone else who viewed that video saw, only what was happening in front of the camera car and that is next to bugger all as far as who stopped to help.

"...we could all clearly see it go up as it went over her..."

The bus did move a little but then buses do that all the time because of very stiff suspension, the entire journey in that kind of bus would be one of crashing up and down due to road irregularities.  Not at all unlikely that the driver's attention would particularly be drawn to that bump.

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

just went by what i saw on the video

Yes, that is obviously all any of us can go on but that means that none of us have any idea of what was happening out of shot (behind that car) and it is ridiculous for some here to state that no one stopped.

30 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, that is obviously all any of us can go on but that means that none of us have any idea of what was happening out of shot (behind that car) and it is ridiculous for some here to state that no one stopped.

going to watch it again one more time just for you

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

going to watch it again one more time just for you

Don't bother.  There is no way that you can see how many people approaching the accident are stopping to help behind the cam car no matter how many times you watch it.

Edit: I was typing this at the same time as you were typing your last one, so ignore it.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

Of course people stopped and slowed down , you have to remember this is a busy Thai road and it can be dangerous to stop in the middle of the road , it could create chaos. So don't blame the girl with the dash cam. Just listen to her voice , she is very stressed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, balo said:

Of course people stopped and slowed down , you have to remember this is a busy Thai road and it can be dangerous to stop in the middle of the road , it could create chaos. So don't blame the girl with the dash cam. Just listen to her voice , she is very stressed.

I would have stopped, whether is causes chaos or not. My problems would have been, I have no medical experience to help the girl and the odds are, phone the emergency services and no one on the other end speaks even one word of English. What I would had done is phoned my Thai wife and ask her to call an ambulance. Whatever I had tried to do something.

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I would have stopped, whether is causes chaos or not. My problems would have been, I have no medical experience to help the girl and the odds are, phone the emergency services and no one on the other end speaks even one word of English. What I would had done is phoned my Thai wife and ask her to call an ambulance. Whatever I had tried to do something.

in this case medical experience would not of been necessary.

16 hours ago, balo said:

It would be prudent to stop on the side of the road, preferably behind the victim (if you're in a motorvehicle) with hazard warning lights flashing, to mitigate any further crashes that may occur as a result of her crash. And then do the best you can having first checked that someone had called for an ambulance, if you could not do so yourself.

Just my thoughts, always open to hearing better viable actions.

On 1/10/2018 at 10:31 AM, crazygreg44 said:

I am not sure where your buddy drew his conclusions from :smile:

in Germany actually the law is, you can get sued if you, either having been an eye witness or having been actively participating in the accident -  DON'T  pull over and offer your help!

In order to obtain a driver's license every student has to pass a first-aid test. So everybody knows the basics incorporated in the assistance of a victim of a crash. If you see the victim is bleeding and you see a safe way to stop the bleeding, you are supposed to assist and do so!

and regardless if your help only consists of making sure the spot is secured well so other vehicles cannot crash into the site of the accident, that's just okay and an accepted way to obey the law

Over the recent years the offence has somewhat been watered down, as the law in it's great majesty forbids you to stop for just watching & gawking . . . . . our society has changed a bit

Yes, as I said, this was in the 70's & 80's. (It wasn't my "buddy" either).

Also, what do the cops do? Chase every car that drove on by?

No, thought not.

Some years ago I did an advanced/emergency first aid course in Singapore, over there it's illegal to not render assistance in a work place accident if one is trained to do so.

Lastly, you drag a person from a car accident, they have a fractured spine/neck, your actions have made that person a paraplegic for the rest of their lives, where do you stand legally? Should you have left it to professional paramedics? Decisions, decisions!!

Edited by Andrew65

On 1/10/2018 at 11:16 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Nothing ironic and indecent about labelling Thai's "human cows", they calls us Qai's all the time, perhaps you should polish up on your Thai, and your observations.

I saw no assistance, perhaps you have the same vision as Superman ?

As my mum used to say, two wrongs don't make a right - and you do realize how short that video is? The accident has literally just happened, so are you somehow superhuman to know that no assistance came to her?

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

As my mum used to say, two wrongs don't make a right - and you do realize how short that video is? The accident has literally just happened, so are you somehow superhuman to know that no assistance came to her?

Ask yourself this, did the guy on the bike stop, did you see anyone else stop, when you see an ambulance with its sirens blaring and lights flashing, do you see everyone rushing to move out of its way.

Don't need to be superhuman to be able to see clear as daylight sunshine, work that one out.

4 hours ago, lvr181 said:

It would be prudent to stop on the side of the road, preferably behind the victim (if you're in a motorvehicle) with hazard warning lights flashing

And how do you know the girl talking in the video did not do that ?  The video is too short to tell . 

On 1/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, webfact said:
Video: Dead on her birthday - 20 year old uni student dies on way home

4pm.jpg.0f4b5409026441feb410214e1c7d4052.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

A 20 year old university student died on her way home to celebrate her birthday.

Footage showed Thidarat Phungern on a Honda motorcycle collide with a kerb and fall under the wheels of a bus at an intersection in Ayuthaya on Saturday.

Her 24 year old brother Suphachai arrived at the scene in tears. He told reporters that his sister was a first year technology student at Ratchamongkhol Suwannaphum University.

She had just been to do some work to make ends meet and was going home to celebrate her birthday with her family.

Source: Thai Rath
  tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-10  

The Thai government should be somehow accountable here. Eg.. If they gave her a DL and really wasn't experienced enough to have the right! Government doing absolutely <deleted> and yet they see the carnage in the roads stemming from just really poor.. Judgment.. Knowledge.. Etc etc.. Yet the government allows this to continue on. Shame on them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 1/10/2018 at 11:09 AM, GBW said:

Lovely to see the concern of the motor bike taxi number 6, must have been on his way to a job !

if you bother to watch to the end of the video the motorcycle taxi rider actually pursues the bus driver to ensure he stops..

12 minutes ago, stegee said:

if you bother to watch to the end of the video the motorcycle taxi rider actually pursues the bus driver to ensure he stops..

and if you had bothered to have read this forum in its entirety, prior to you direct post to me, you would have realised that I have had this pointed out to me on several occasions and have noted my over site!  

6 hours ago, balo said:

And how do you know the girl talking in the video did not do that ?  The video is too short to tell . 

I was not referring to anything 'the girl talking in the video' did or did not do. Not sure how you reached your conclusion, sure beats me.

Merely saying what I would do.