Video: Dead on her birthday - 20 year old uni student dies on way home

webfact

Any Bangkok taxi driver will tell you he sees stuff like this every week. You can find videos from the US where crowds just stop (yes, they do stop) and just stare. 

Stopping? Thais will tell you about all sorts of scams (this obviously wasn't a scam) dreamt up to make you stop and find yourself surrounded by accusing 'passersby'. A guy once literally threw himself and his motorbike into the path of my truck, nasty suspicious mind that I have I could see that he was planning something and stopped in time. I has noticed him waiting there over the course of three days. This does influence your way of reacting and I must admit that I tend to do it myself although I did once stop a guy whacking the excrement out of his girlfriend in the middle of the road. I used a car cam and smartphone as weapons. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, balo said:

Tragic accident but why did she drive straight into a kerb ?  If you look at the video she was speeding straight into it , another rider who can not use their eyes. An accident that should have never happened if she focused on the road.  . 

I got hit by one just like in the video

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_fixation

5 hours ago, GBW said:

Lovely to see the concern of the motor bike taxi number 6, must have been on his way to a job !

It looked like the motorbike taxi went after the bus and pulled over with him but what about the car with the dash cam, that driver had plenty of time to put his/her hazard lights on and stop before reaching the poor girl but instead just drove straight past

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

crikey! there's someone lying obviously injured at the side of the road and no one does anything! a very sad indictment on society here.

Its the me me and only me attitude and nobody else matters  Then again i was in Paris a few years ago and a man just just collapsed on a footpath Suspect he had heart failure Nobody stopped to help him They just kept on walking like nothing happened  I went over and he was dead 

In Australia a few years ago a doctor stopped at an accident to assist those that were involved and one of the injured died and the family of that person made a civil claim against that doctor and they won the case because that doctor was not part of an emergency team that attended the accident and he was not authorized by the family or any other authority to attend to the injured. It stinks, all because he was a trained licensed medical practitioner he was sued

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

And not one single person stopped to help or see if she was ok.  Just look and drive on.  Freaking pathetic! 

Well even Weera Premthong, the maker of the movie didnt assist. A crying shame for that person, she could have stopped and shut off the road to protect and see. BUt no ofcourse run to computer to put movie on social media. Being social to the hurt woman, no way.

Being anti social is the new social today, or in Thailand you get caught when helping?

In Holland you are by law obliged to help out, you can be brought to court if you dont help. However never heard of anyone brought to court after not doing so. Guess we help in cases of accidents. Happily ive never been in such a situation.

Many, many years ago i was close to an accident, where people already were helping, but the screams of pain of the victim are still in my head. Respect for anyone (special ambulance personnel) helping out, it's absolutely not an easy thing.

However i did see some movies in which people were bashing heads !! or chopping off heads !! , which changed my mood way down low and made me think what kind of persons (humans) we can be. Nothing but just an animal.

Being a soldier i can really understand, after you get back, you are marked for life and you have to be strong to make your life work then again. 

Humans, we are so clever but then again soooooooo stupid. Even after long time evolution, we can still be animals and dont give a rats ass about anything. In the system we build there is no room for the poor, the "lower classes" or the ones we just pointed out as lost. It's in human nature and will never change, even getting worse.  

As a  song goes "we are on a road to nowhere". After all we are with 8.5 billions and rising, so simply we can miss some. I remember when i was young there were 3 billion people an now raised in my lifetime to 8.5 billion.

We can thank all out world rulers like romans, napoleons, hitlers and mussolini's, japanese and chinese and many more they started wars and so killed a lot of humans, Otherwise we were with lots more, so now its just waiting for another hitler to clear , to reset humans. And they are working on it no, with a Trump, Putin, Un and many others.

Not to forget big companies, which are squeezing everybody, with not any remorse.

11 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

And not one single person stopped to help or see if she was ok.  Just look and drive on.  Freaking pathetic! 

Freaking pathetic that you say that.  You don't know how many people immediately stopped behind the car with the cam, do you?  It's not unlikely that the taxi motorbike went off to stop the bus.

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As fr stopping to render assistance, well that's just common decency isn't it.

Really sad to see that no one stopped to render any assistance, with no education, these human cows as I refer to them, with continue to eat grass.

RIP

Did you see a video from a rear-facing cam that no one else saw showing no one stopping or are you going on seeing just half-a-dozen cars carrying on before the video finished.  Half of those few probably didn't know anything had happened.

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nothing ironic and indecent about labelling Thai's "human cows", they calls us Qai's all the time, perhaps you should polish up on your Thai, and your observations.

I saw no assistance, perhaps you have the same vision as Superman ?

Or perhaps he has the common sense to know that people behind the camera car would have stopped!

People in Thailand are always so shocked when on social media they see the video's of accidents in China where people refuse to stop and render any assistance, in one instance numerous vehicles drove over a childs body....  

I wonder if society recognizes that people from outside Thailand; mainly Westerners, are equally shocked at some of the careless behavior we see here on Thailands roads. 

Dash cam's can prove you are not involves... Stop, even if its just to hold a dying persons hand in their final moments.

So many people have forgotten their humanity and some comments on this thread have instead of coming across as being worldly wise simply had the poster come across as being a careless dog. 

13 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Just last week a motorbike came roaring up the inside of me , there had been some wind so had blown soil across the hard shoulder (sometimes extra lane) the bike went butt over tit with 3 people on it and narrowly missed my wheels ! Did I stop ? No chance somehow I’d of ended up paying for it . Sounds mean but stay well out of the way 

In October 2016 I was driving my motorbike on one of the connecting sois between Pattaya 2nd and 3rd road. 1-2 AM at night on a weekday, not much traffic, driving 40 km/h max. I noticed a motorbike taxi coming from a yard 20 meters ahead on my left. He also saw me and stopped obviously to wait for me to drive by. When I was 5 meters from him, he decided to drive. I managed to react by steering left but despite that, the right front fairing hit the back of his motorbike.

Despite the blow neither of us fell over. Back home in Europe I would have stopped to talk with the other party to make sure that everything was ok. In Pattaya you can not do that. Not unless you for some strange reason want 

a) to be mugged by other motorbike taxis called immediately to the scene to hold you back until the police arrive 

B) end up paying 2000-3000 THB to the poor motorbike taxi driver whose bike you have damaged by careless driving

c) and at least the same amount to the police officer for not taking you to the main police station 

12 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

The motorcycle taxi guy gesticulates at the fallen girl, and just rides off. What an animal.

Unfortunately this is where people jump the gun without checking the Thai newspapers.

The Thai news on tv reported that the motorcycle taxi saw the accident, pointed out the fact for following drivers, then went after the bus to tell the driver what had happened and get him to stop.

3 hours ago, smtsetup said:

In October 2016 I was driving my motorbike on one of the connecting sois between Pattaya 2nd and 3rd road. 1-2 AM at night on a weekday, not much traffic, driving 40 km/h max. I noticed a motorbike taxi coming from a yard 20 meters ahead on my left. He also saw me and stopped obviously to wait for me to drive by. When I was 5 meters from him, he decided to drive. I managed to react by steering left but despite that, the right front fairing hit the back of his motorbike.

Despite the blow neither of us fell over. Back home in Europe I would have stopped to talk with the other party to make sure that everything was ok. In Pattaya you can not do that. Not unless you for some strange reason want 

a) to be mugged by other motorbike taxis called immediately to the scene to hold you back until the police arrive 

B) end up paying 2000-3000 THB to the poor motorbike taxi driver whose bike you have damaged by careless driving

c) and at least the same amount to the police officer for not taking you to the main police station 

Have you 1st hand experience of items a) B) and c) ?

12 hours ago, Russell17au said:

In Australia a few years ago a doctor stopped at an accident to assist those that were involved and one of the injured died and the family of that person made a civil claim against that doctor and they won the case because that doctor was not part of an emergency team that attended the accident and he was not authorized by the family or any other authority to attend to the injured. It stinks, all because he was a trained licensed medical practitioner he was sued

Russel it stinks alright You get some good people like this doctor trying to help and you get these grubs because that is all they are looking how to make a quick buck Rebel Wilson just won a court case in Australia for 4 million because some called her a " Fat Bitch"  I was burnt to 55% of body 3 rd degree at my work because some boss took short cuts I nearly died and lost my well paying job I got 900,000 Just not fair how the law operates Rus When i saw that  that Rebel Wilson come out of court after her win with a big smirk on her face i felt like going up her and say its people like you who play the system because you have the money  and people like me who suffer because we cant afford a smart lawyer to get us big money

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Did you see a video from a rear-facing cam that no one else saw showing no one stopping or are you going on seeing just half-a-dozen cars carrying on before the video finished.  Half of those few probably didn't know anything had happened.

I saw what I saw, no one stopping, motorcyclist, riding and looking at her as he slowed as if to say, hmmm, what is that and kept riding, the bus stopping some 200 metres up the road, you would think as the bus went over her, and we could all clearly see it go up as it went over her, that he would have put on his hazzard lights there and then and stopped, but nope, some passengers must have said, hey stop you just ran over someone.

22 hours ago, jaltsc said:

Nothing good about this story. Unfortunately, we see too many of these types of motor deaths in the local news. 

yes very sad going too fast undertaking just thinking about som tam where do these people learn to ride or drive ? they would never pass a test in Europe. RIP  poor girl

Archived