Pattaya roid rage: Muscly German "bodybuilder" smacks Swiss laser games boss over disco mishap

webfact

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎13 at 7:54 PM, Russell17au said:

I would say that your academic friend has not done his/her research very well to be able to come to the conclusion that people with more than three tattoo's are more likely to have run-ins with the law, to me that statement is a joke because I know of many police officers, sheriff's officers, ambulance, fire and rescue workers that have more than three tattoo's and none of them are criminals, but I also know of many criminals that do not have tattoo's. There are many people that compete in the world body art tattoo competitions and they are not criminals so your academic friend's studies are incorrect, many academic's research has been proven incorrect to the point that lives have been lost and the academic's research has been ban from some areas.

This thread has nothing to do with tattoo's or body building, it is all about a brainless drunken thug and that is all he is.

Your P.S. is a load of crap because it does not make any difference if he has tattoo's or not, if a drunken thug wants to cause trouble then he will, tattoo's or no tattoo's

You know what a correlation is, right? You knowing some people who don't fit the pattern proves nothing and doesn't invalidate a planned research programme. You wanting to believe something doesn't make it true. My friend, an internationally known psychologist, did his research by invitation of the military in a developed country that has compulsory national service (all males must do 2 years in the military at age 18) ... he was investigating the factors that predict whether a soldier will have disciplinary sanctions during their service. Here are descriptions of other studies (there are many others if you want to search):

Koch (2010) tested his thesis that those possessing more body art are likely to
report higher levels of deviancy by surveying 1,753 American college students. The
survey asked the students to report their level of body art procurement along with their
level of past deviancy. Koch’s findings showed that body art was indeed frequent in
mainstream society. The study also reports that the heavier the rate of procurement of
body art, the higher the rate of deviancy (Koch, 2010).Koch measured deviance in terms
of legal behavior and illegal behavior and his operationalization of body art procurement
included piercings (2010. P.7). 

Jennings (2014) examined the causal relationships between tattoos and life-course
offending among males (Jennings et al, 2014). Jennings research relied on data gathered
from a prospective longitudinal study of 411 males from the Cambridge study in
delinquent development. Jennings found that tattooed-males exhibited significantly
higher risk factors pointing to greater propensity towards crime and other deviant acts
such as smoking and binge drinking (Jennings et al, 2014). 

King and Vidourek (2013)  conducted a study that aimed at examining
associations between tattooing and risky behaviors. The authors utilized data gathered
from the survey responses of 998 students enrolled in physical education and mental
health classes. Their findings illustrated that tattooed individuals are more likely to engage
in risky behaviors such as drug/alcohol use and risky sexual behavior.  

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎13 at 4:54 PM, Blackheart1916 said:

Ted Bundy had no tattoos. Martin Bryant had no tattoos.

Wow! Counter-example of two! I'm convinced... !

On a wholly unrelated topic (I swear!): Do they teach science and logic in schools anymore? 

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

This tread is about tattoos now 555

But every time I see documentary about inmate in TV or YouTube it seems 80% of them have tattoos but what I know 555

80% eh. Henrik or Hans Christian I wonder. 

80% eh. Henrik or Hans Christian I wonder. 
"We find that of the 60,000 first-term prisoners released between 1998 and 2002, 45% have since landed themselves back in prison. Tattoos are unreasonably effective predictors of recidivism: we find that of the inmates who have been re-incarcerated, 75% percent had tattoos"

https://www.economist.com/news/christmas-specials/21712032-what-can-be-learned-prisoners-tattoos-statistical-analysis-art

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:38 AM, The manic said:

Yes. But a disproportionate of criminals have tattoos and tattoos are frequently linked to low intelligence, poor educational  achievements and poor life achievements in general. They are used to suggest character and personality for people who lack such traits. They are frequently used and designed to intimidate others, indicate criminal predilections and skillsets such as rape and murder and also reflect gang and outlaw allegiance. 

Yawn 2.0...

Give it a rest will ya.

"Skill sets such as rape", Jesus H Christ...

6 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

This tread is about tattoos now 555

But every time I see documentary about inmate in TV or YouTube it seems 80% of them have tattoos but what I know 555

100% of the inmates have ears.  from now on when I see someone with ears I will be more vigilant

11 hours ago, Docno said:

Wow! Counter-example of two! I'm convinced... !

On a wholly unrelated topic (I swear!): Do they teach science and logic in schools anymore? 

Ha ha not too sure been a long time since I was in school, but I am glad you are convinced!?

On 1/14/2018 at 4:55 PM, nahkit said:

He had surgery for a broken neck in Jan 2017, no idea what happened after that.

I last saw him in May last year, shortly before I left Pattaya. And now that I'm thousands of miles away, I can say that he was walking around Central Festival carrying shopping bags like a little girly whimp. :smile:

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 12:11 AM, isaanbanhou said:

100% of the inmates have ears.  from now on when I see someone with ears I will be more vigilant

Again, someone who lacks logic or an basic statistical skills. It's not about whether some percentage of inmates has a particular feature but whether that feature is more common among inmates than among the general population. If 75% of inmates have tattoos but only 20% of the general population does (lets say, controlling for age and gender), that would make tattoos predictive of doing jailtime (but not perfectly so). To use your example, if 100% of inmates had ears but few people outside of prison had ears... that would mean something. So when people talk about how common tattoos are among inmates, they are implicitly making a comparison to the general population where we know that it's not the case that 75% of people have tattoos.... 

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Again, someone who lacks logic or an basic statistical skills. It's not about whether some percentage of inmates has a particular feature but whether that feature is more common among inmates than among the general population. If 75% of inmates have tattoos but only 20% of the general population does (lets say, controlling for age and gender), that would make tattoos predictive of doing jailtime (but not perfectly so). To use your example, if 100% of inmates had ears but few people outside of prison had ears... that would mean something. So when people talk about how common tattoos are among inmates, they are implicitly making a comparison to the general population where we know that it's not the case that 75% of people have tattoos.... 

While I buy the general argument that inmates have more tattoos NOW.  I think the present generation has an obsession with tats and that this idea that it is based on deviance probably won't hold water in a decade or two.  Both male and female millennials seem to think tats are a necessary fashion accessory.  If you are my age you can remember when men with ear rings were deviants or homo or dopers!   The ear rings gave it away they were sending a message.  So time marches on...

Search google images of various actors, actresses and sports figures that youth look up to today to see where these ideas are coming from.  We have gone from the joke of Dennis Rodman to the mainstream with tats and piercings and I don't want to think what else!  The times they are a changing.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 7:34 PM, dontoearth said:

While I buy the general argument that inmates have more tattoos NOW.  I think the present generation has an obsession with tats and that this idea that it is based on deviance probably won't hold water in a decade or two.  Both male and female millennials seem to think tats are a necessary fashion accessory.  If you are my age you can remember when men with ear rings were deviants or homo or dopers!   The ear rings gave it away they were sending a message.  So time marches on...

Search google images of various actors, actresses and sports figures that youth look up to today to see where these ideas are coming from.  We have gone from the joke of Dennis Rodman to the mainstream with tats and piercings and I don't want to think what else!  The times they are a changing.

Very true! I also expect that tattoos may become less predictive of deviance in the coming years... or the relationship could end up being more complex... It could be that very extensive tattoos and body piercing remains predictive. Whatever is "outside of the norm" in terms of body adornment/modification (however that norm is defined) should still be predictive of deviance in other areas, and perhaps behaviour that leads to incarceration. 

Archived