Police hunt military guard at Prawit's house after abduction and extortion of Indian at gunpoint

rooster59

Police hunt military guard at Prawit's house after abduction and extortion of Indian at gunpoint

soldier.JPG

Image: Daily News

Police are hunting for a soldier who sources said had the duty of protecting the Minburi house of Deputy Premier Prawit Wongsuwan.

He is believed responsible for the abduction and theft of nearly 300,000 baht at gunpoint from an Indian trader.

Daily News reported today that an Indian man called Rama Yador, 47, had gone to Minburi police to say that he was at home with his wife and children at a house in Ram Inthra Soi 117 on Thursday at 5pm when a soldier burst in.

He said that he was looking for a loan shark responsible for charging high interest rates and demanded that the owner of the house identify himself.

When Yador did that the soldier took out his phone and laid it on the table. He told everyone to get on the floor and took the Indian out at gunpoint saying: "You're coming with me". 

He was forced to get on a Yamaha bike and was driven to nearby Ram Inthra Soi 109. There 11,500 baht in cash, two phones and two ATM cards were taken from him in a dark section of street.

Then he was driven to an ATM at a convenience store and forced to reveal the pin numbers before 221,000 baht was taken from one account and 17,640 from another. 

Daily News said sources believe the soldier is a member of the Military Police Corps and is usually on duty in a tent outside the Minburi home of Deputy PM Prawit.

He is believed to have fled to the east of Thailand and is now being hunted.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-13

33 minutes ago, rooster59 said:
Police are hunting for a soldier who sources said had the duty of protecting the Minburi house of Deputy Premier Prawit Wongsuwan.

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ who is watching the watchers?

4 hours ago, dyertribe said:

How did he withdraw over 200,000 baht from an ATM?

some 'limits' relate to a single withdrawal, but you can do multiple withdrawals.  so in this case, 10 withdrawals of 20,000thb each.  i first became aware of this in the philippines but didn't know the policy existed in thailand also.

13 minutes ago, buick said:

some 'limits' relate to a single withdrawal, but you can do multiple withdrawals.  so in this case, 10 withdrawals of 20,000thb each.  i first became aware of this in the philippines but didn't know the policy existed in thailand also.

Suspecious. Until 1 year ago I could withdraw 50 k, since end of last year only 25 k - but that's limited for 24 hours (Bangkokbank).  And this limit is not only for ATM but also for transfers by using the bank app on cell! It sucks to visit a bank branch or withdraw from different accounts...

In the branch & online don't have any limits. Nobody was able yet to explain that policies.

Btw: foreign Visa or Amex surpricingly are also limited on Thai ATM for 50 k.

Edited by German farang

7 hours ago, dyertribe said:

How did he withdraw over 200,000 baht from an ATM?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There's a standard maximum withdrawal amounts, but the customer can easily request the max. limit be changed to a much bigger maximum.

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

typical native with I.Q. of a durian operation ..... ever wondered why an equivalent of the Brinks Mat robbery never happens here?

Sent from my outhouse.

rather harsh words to say about durian.

Curious how he knew of the victim, like that he had access to such wealth and where he lived.

Of course a real police raid would involve more than one officer-soldier, but when the creep has your address there's not much you can do.

I've had to deal with fake cops in India, but not in such a hostile situation.  I let them know I knew they were false, and there wasn't much they could do except raise their voices.  One time I was with my gf, this guy came up to us on the street, told us that we were not married and thus were breaking the law.  He pointed to the license plate on a car (I guess he was a chauffeur), told us that they were gov't plates, he was an officer etc.  We walked away as he shouted after us that we would be arrested etc.  Still, you never know what these scum will follow up with.

Edited by bendejo

3 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I've done it before 

30k per time 

Card limit can be as high as you want it

What Bank? PM me because I can't move that much cash though I want to. And can you change the limit you're sending from Thailand via wire to another country??

3 hours ago, KhunMhee said:

What Bank? PM me because I can't move that much cash though I want to. And can you change the limit you're sending from Thailand via wire to another country??

Most of the atms around bkk have been upgraded to handle 30k at a time 

The yellow ones are all 30k, kasikorn and Bangkok bank still have some that can only do 25k per tx

You need to go into the branch to change your withdrawl limit or ring the helpline and they can increase it for you too, it's easy at all banks thesedays