SURVEY: Should Trump be invited to Prince Harry's Wedding?

Scott

SURVEY: Should President Trump be invited to the Royal Wedding?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Who or what is this "Donny John" you keep banging on about? Most forum users are forced to use proper and correct names for public figures.

Please share where you came up with this nugget?

"Most forum users are forced to use proper and correct names for public figures."

To  add:

Oh yes, if Donald trump graces the wedding with his presence, he should be paid handsomely  for doing so.

Edited by watcharacters

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Hey do you know what country his fiancé is from by any chance?

And isn't she violently anti-Trump?  I'm pretty sure I've read that she wrote some article about him.

Anyway as it is not a State wedding, he doesn't have to be invited.  Obama on the contrary is a great friend of Prince Harry.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Plus Barack and Michelle have become something of a favorite of QE II and the royal family and on that basis I hope they do get invited. 

Barack and Michelle are now historical in regard to president and first lady status so the diplomatic niceties are different. 

Queen Elizabeth II should just give an honorary knighthood to Barry (Barack Obama for all those non-Americans reading this thread) to overcome the issue if it is appropriate for Obama to attend the royal wedding or not. Now that is one title that Donny John would never get from Queen Elizabeth II. I would love to see Donny John's tweet tirade if that ever happened.

Best case scenario. 

Invite them both but get a back channel indication that trump won't come.

Then he can save face and say he was invited but was too busy tweeting obscenities about countries with people of color.

But they probably won't take that risk, because he might still come anyway.

trump coming would be a disaster as the focus of the event would be mostly on him. Totally unfair to the couple.

I think the most diplomatic thing is to not invite either of them with the understanding to the Obamas that it's for the best for international diplomacy but be sure to keep the good relationship they already have with the the Obamas going (assuming mutually desired) at less politically charged future social events.

Oh well!

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Silurian said:

Donny John's full name is Donald John Trump. Donny is a socially acceptable variant of Donald. What is wrong with using Donny? Does it bother you for some reason? Or maybe you have an issue with Donny Osmond?

You're the only person in the world to refer to him as that, he wants to be known as Donald and I doubt that you'd have the balls to do it to his face as you hide behind a pseudonym here, that's what's wrong with it.

4 hours ago, Silurian said:

For me, more to the point, it seems Prince Harry can't invite Obama as it would seem a slight to Donny John. So this is where we are at, that Donny John's frail little ego won't be able to handle Obama being invited but not himself. What a delicate little flower the man-child POTUS is.

Prince Harry should be free to invite (or not invite) whom ever he chooses and not have to worry about some backlash from a fragile infant or his followers.

Even more to the point is that this is a Thaivisa joke poll about a hypothetical situation that the public will never be involved in, never mind be informed about what is being considered.   Egos, fragile or otherwise, do not come into it.

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Just tell him we are saving him from having to interact and meet all the heads of state and prime minister for all those shithole countries that are part of the Commonwealth.  Oh wait, the head of state for a large number of those shithole countries -- is the Queen.  That is reason enough not to invite him, he undiplomatically insulted her subjects.

"Oh wait, the head of state for a large number of those shithole countries -- is the Queen".

Really?  Countries that Trump was allegedly referring to such as...?

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You're the only person in the world to refer to him as that, he wants to be known as Donald and I doubt that you'd have the balls to do it to his face as you hide behind a pseudonym here, that's what's wrong with it.

I guess you are not a big fan of SNL.

Watch Tina Fey Blast 'Donny John Trump,' Gorge On Cake

https://patch.com/us/white-house/watch-tina-fey-blast-donny-john-trump-gorge-cake

Yeah, you're right I probably wouldn't call him Donny John. I can think of much better things to call him to his face. Thankfully, I will never have a chance to meet him in person (nor do I have any desire to do so.)

Oh, one last thing, I really don't care what Donny John wants people to call him. 

Edited by Silurian

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

He might stuff pieces of wedding cake into his pockets.  Watch him.  Trump can't even find good lawyers, because of his reputation for not paying people.

The Brits should invite me instead of Trump.  I know how to be a gentleman, I don't denigrate people (certainly not due to their skin color), and I tell better stories (Don tells dumb little self-centered stories and repeats them over and over).   Plus, I wouldn't mind all the free food and champagne (Don doesn't drink. He pops pills instead).

"The Brits should invite me instead of Trump.  I know how to be a gentleman, I don't denigrate people...".

That's just your deluded opinion.  By the way, "the Brits" don't invite anyone to Royal weddings particularly Thaivisa Yanks..

7 minutes ago, Silurian said:

I guess you are not a big fan of SNL.

Watch Tina Fey Blast 'Donny John Trump,' Gorge On Cake

https://patch.com/us/white-house/watch-tina-fey-blast-donny-john-trump-gorge-cake

Yeah, you're right I probably wouldn't call him Donny John. I can think of much better things to call him to his face. Thankfully, I will never have a chance to meet him in person (nor do I have any desire to do so.)

Oh, one last thing, I really don't care what Donny John wants people to call him. 

Too right, I'm not.  And they are satirical actors, not real people in that context actually calling him that to his face.

5 hours ago, Silurian said:

For me, more to the point, it seems Prince Harry can't invite Obama as it would seem a slight to Donny John. So this is where we are at, that Donny John's frail little ego won't be able to handle Obama being invited but not himself. What a delicate little flower the man-child POTUS is.

Prince Harry should be free to invite (or not invite) whom ever he chooses and not have to worry about some backlash from a fragile infant or his followers.

Maybe Harry should also invite Hillary instead of Dotard Don

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Oh wait, the head of state for a large number of those shithole countries -- is the Queen".

Really?  Countries that Trump was allegedly referring to such as...?

Maybe a little exaggerated since a number of those shithole countries have moved on from the Queen as head of state, though she is still head of the Commonwealth as well for which those countries.  The general jist is shithole countries like those in Africa or Haiti (part of the Caribbean) - while wanting more immigration from good countries like Norway.  

What do all the countries that trump have singled out specifically as bad?  Majority African ethnicity countries, not first world countries.  What countries has he singled out as good those that are white and first world.  I find it ironic that Norway was also used as the shining example of the origins of the Nazi master race....  and misappropriated Norse mythology for incorporation into the Nazi mythology.  Something that took decades to recover from culturally since their mythology was tainted by this association.  It is why I was not surprised to see Norway try to disassociate themselves from Trumps example of the shining state he wants people from (i.e. we are not interested).

Jamaica, The Barbados, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines,  Antigua and Barbuda all have massive majority African ethnicity populations - and are definitely not Norway.   I am sure they were likely on that list to keep out of the United States.  

For most of this year I bent over backwards to explain potential other explanations - or he was being ham-handed in his public responses to certain situations like equating the views of the neo-Nazi and racist protestors in Charlotte and saying they were very fine people on both sides.  At that time I just explained it away as trying not to offend anyone from his own base (even though politically "those people" have no other house politically to go to).   At a certain point you just have to accept the obvious and simplest solution is likely the correct one.  Good people in, bad people out -- and it is pretty clear what makes bad people (IMHO).

I don't however associate him as a Republican since I consider him a perfect example of a RINO (and former Democrat) -- and his association with the Republican party is very unfortunate.  Maybe I bent over backwards more during the first part of the year because I hoped he would moderate or mature as a President -- partly of my political leanings (Libertarian - closer to the original Tea Party before it was tainted).  I likely would not have been so patient if he were a Democrat.

39 minutes ago, Silurian said:

I prefer 'The Don' when referring to the elected boss of USA.

As for Harry, he would seem to be the only 'royal' who is actually English. At least he's not a chameleon masquerading as a decent human.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I prefer 'The Don' when referring to the elected boss of USA.

As for Harry, he would seem to be the only 'royal' who is actually English. At least he's not a chameleon masquerading as a decent human.

I prefer to show respect to the post (in this case the post of President) -- even if I despise the individual.  I will address them by their proper name (or title and name - but I will get lazy at times but not out of intentional disrespect -- at least I try not to).  If the person filling that post prefers or likes to use a more "common" name - then that is up to him to make it acceptable.  Using names that are only meant to disparage (in a name calling type of way) is immature and only lessens the point of view you are trying to make.  (IMHO)

Edited by bkkcanuck8