Best breakfast in Pattaya?

aussienam

HELP NEEDED FOR A GOOD PLACE TO HAVE BREAKFAST IN PATTAYA.

As an expat living here in Pattaya I have been searching high and low for a decent place to eat breakfast.  I have attached a couple of photos of the types of breakfast I am after - pics from my favourite cafe in Sydney Australia:  Generally this means I want: 

1) Good quality bacon and a decent portion;

2) Tasty nicely fried eggs;

3) Tasty baked beans (in tomato sauce or ham sauce);

4) Beef sausages - not pork.  I don't find any of the pork sausages here tasty;

5) Mushrooms - small ones like the ones in the photo - not a large chunky one soaked in oil;

6) Grilled tomato - not just sliced tomato chucked onto the plate - it needs to be partly caramelised; 

7) Wholemeal toast slices - not cheap bland white bread;

8) Hash brown - importantly fried properly so that the external coating is crispy and not mushy/soggy with a doughy centre or overcooked and no fluffy potato centre - have never found anywhere that can cook a hash brown right.  

9) A barista style coffee with coffee beans that have been freshly roasted and not burnt into a bitter brew - and fresh milk used. Always tops off a good breakfast.  if it's a good coffee I usually have a second cuppa.  

Would also be great if there was a place that served a decent tomato sauce as well as a barbeque sauce.  I am not a fan of most of the ketchups here and the HP sauce I don't like (sorry to offend anyone).  

I also love a good bacon and egg roll with barbeque sauce for brekky too - the roll has to be good quality - not some cheap sugar filled hamburger roll as they are disgusting.  

Also a good omelette is something I miss - and that means it has ample amounts of chopped ham, cheese, tomato, onion, capsicum and mushrooms all blended through and a good serving of crispy warmed baguettes or nice bread.  I have never found a place that cooks a decent omelette here - is always very light on with its additions.  

I know as an Aussie my tastes are not the same as fellow European/UK expats here.  I don't mind English and European breakfast meals from time to time but miss my Aussie meals.  I have tried some of the high end places around Pattaya centre, Buakhaow and its Sois and Jomtien areas but they always fall short on something and I walk away disappointed.  

Looking forward to suggestions.  Thanks fellas.

20160311_094943.jpg

20160311_094445.jpg

eyeemfiltered1456925735296.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HLover said:

The photos look like a typical breakfast served at most places.

The devil is in the detail.  I have had brekkies that have been close to the pictures but never cooked properly.  Been looking for a year and a half!!  

11 minutes ago, aussienam said:

The devil is in the detail.  I have had brekkies that have been close to the pictures but never cooked properly.  Been looking for a year and a half!!  

OMG.

The funny thing is you are serious......

HA.  Good luck let us know when you find it.

Off the top of my head, Rich Man Poor Man, Jomtien Soi 9 does American and English breakfasts that tick most (but definitely not all) the OP's boxes.

Pretty much any of the Retox outlets will also come close and that's including the 'bahtbuster' special at their original Lengkee location.

21 minutes ago, aussienam said:

LOL yes I am on a quest for the Holy Grail of Breakfasts' in Pattaya.  I will not give up!  :)

:):)  Good you have a sense of humor I think.

OK, do you speak perfect Thai?

Maybe take a Thai speaker with you to Kiss, Retox, Holiday Inn, Hilton, Avani and order specifically what you stated.

Good luck, I am just saying after 2 years here full time I am lucky to get my eggs to my liking.  Never mind the rest.

I honestly think you may not find it perfect as you want.

But, worth a try I guess good luck.

46 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Off the top of my head, Rich Man Poor Man, Jomtien Soi 9 does American and English breakfasts that tick most (but definitely not all) the OP's boxes.

Pretty much any of the Retox outlets will also come close and that's including the 'bahtbuster' special at their original Lengkee location.

Are they still doing the Bahtbuster on the Darkside.

I like the breakfast at the Loft.

48 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Your suggestions will not meet his standards.

Retox for example is a huge breakfast but is truly a pile of bad attitude fast fried crap with instant coffee.

Not even close to his specific requirements. 

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

:):)  Good you have a sense of humor I think.

OK, do you speak perfect Thai?

Maybe take a Thai speaker with you to Kiss, Retox, Holiday Inn, Hilton, Avani and order specifically what you stated.

Good luck, I am just saying after 2 years here full time I am lucky to get my eggs to my liking.  Never mind the rest.

I honestly think you may not find it perfect as you want.

But, worth a try I guess good luck.

Yes, one needs to have a sense of humour here.  I doubt I will ever find the perfect brekky here.  My Thai's very basic.  Problem is that western cooks are generally not allowed so we get the Thai twist to western cooking LOL. 

1 hour ago, aussienam said:

Have you given any thought to asking if you can be allowed to cook your own meal in the resto?

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Have you given any thought to asking if you can be allowed to cook your own meal in the resto?

LOL if I did that I may as well stay home and do it.  I would probably be done for illegally working as well!!!!  Cooking for me and then paying for me therefore working for me!

1 minute ago, aussienam said:

LOL if I did that I may as well stay home and do it.  I would probably be done for illegally working as well!!!!  Cooking for me and then paying for me therefore working for me!

I honestly think you'd be better off staying at home if you can't be satisfied.   

13 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I honestly think you'd be better off staying at home if you can't be satisfied.   

Yes nothing against aussienam, but maybe have a muffin and coffee in the morning and think about lunch.

I would bet you will never get the perfect brekkie you desire.....

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes nothing against aussienam, but maybe have a muffin and coffee in the morning and think about lunch.

I would bet you will never get the perfect brekkie you desire.....

Maybe you are right.  It's a shame because it is not impossible to cook things right.  All the ingredients are available.  Won't give up yet.  The quest continues .... part of the fun anyway. 

Just now, aussienam said:

Maybe you are right.  It's a shame because it is not impossible to cook things right.  All the ingredients are available.  Won't give up yet.  The quest continues .... part of the fun anyway. 

got it, good luck.  

I understand that the Coffee Club is an Aussie franchise. They have good coffee; obviously; and have a variety of breakfast options including a Spanish Omelette which appears to meet your requirements. Their toast is sourdough and very good it is too. They are quite expensive and have recently closed a couple of branches. I think other posters can update on the branches still open.

Just thought I would mention that what you call hash browns is actually broken frozen french fries that did not make the grade for FF so are cut up and packaged as hash browns,a by product of FF. Real hash browns are cold boiled potatoes cut up and fryed. But hey many people grew up with junk food as part of their diet and accept as real so I understand.

5 hours ago, aussienam said:

4) Beef sausages - not pork.  I don't find any of the pork sausages here tasty;

This may be one of the biggest problems to solve?

Nobody mention Casa Pascal or whatever it is called as a possible close contender?

Just now, topt said:

This may be one of the biggest problems to solve?

Nobody mention Casa Pascal or whatever it is called as a possible close contender?

You could get non pork Merguez sausages some places (French or Muslim) but I doubt served with an English breakfast!

The only answer, as I found out a couple of years ago, was to cook my own. But you need a good kitchen, with at least a two-burner gas stove or, as a second-tier choice, two-large-element flattop electric cook stove. Not to mention quality ingredients, which were almost entirely imported varieties, although there's good local bacon and superior eggs (S-pure brand) about. Also, I don't allow myself to be corralled into a particular nationality's acceptable breakfast. I cooked  what I want in any combination.

4 hours ago, champers said:

I understand that the Coffee Club is an Aussie franchise. They have good coffee; obviously; and have a variety of breakfast options including a Spanish Omelette which appears to meet your requirements. Their toast is sourdough and very good it is too. They are quite expensive and have recently closed a couple of branches. I think other posters can update on the branches still open.

Another Auzzie place you may want to try is Fraser's in Jomtien. I don't eat sausages so not sure if beef and am doubtful about the mushrooms pan fried. It is decent quality overall though.

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Your suggestions will not meet his standards.

Retox for example is a huge breakfast but is truly a pile of bad attitude fast fried crap with instant coffee.

Not even close to his specific requirements. 

I did clearly state "American and English breakfasts that tick most (but definitely not all) the OP's boxes" and could have started unchecking those specific boxes with 'good coffee' being a virtual unknown in Pattaya. The OP wants some starters so let him decide what places ticks his boxes EXACTLY no?

But thanks for dropping by, tearing up what was only a very short suggestion list based on experience whilst contributing absolutely nothing of value to the OP's earnest search. It's OK, we get that you don't like Retox all that much. Do you know that the staff at RMPM actually ask how you like your eggs done and the griddle cook knows these differences? You can also specify how you want your bacon and toms done; they are way above average in serving what the customer wants with waitresses trained to get the owner or his wife (always on the premises) to come and help if an order or accent confounds their knowledge.

Mind you, anyone that critiques how a mass-produced, frozen, commercial restaurant grade, psuedo hash brown needs to be properly prepared will quickly come to the conclusion that when it comes to dining in Pattaya, morning noon or night, it simply is what it is.

Good luck to the OP with the search. There's another, much more Pattaya-centric forum with a more... shall we say esoteric raison d'être that has a quite famous thread on a member's individual sojourn for the Compleat petit-déjeuner, replete with pictures AND prices.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Good luck to the OP with the search. There's another, much more Pattaya-centric forum with a more... shall we say esoteric raison d'être that has a quite famous thread on a member's individual sojourn for the Compleat petit-déjeuner, replete with pictures AND prices.

Completely agree NL,the breakfast what is required is not and will never be available here unless the member cooks it himself...as for the other gastronomic Pattaya thread I read with avid interest and bemusement about some of the comments,I never realised cooking meat and tatties and a few veg could be so mind boggling.......:sorry:

Archived