Best breakfast in Pattaya?

aussienam

I really like the baht buster at the i-rovers in soi lengkee THB135 I think it is, worth a try its not going to break the bank. The coffee you get with it is pretty tasteless though, also comes with a small glass of orange juice.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, case69 said:

I really like the baht buster at the i-rovers in soi lengkee THB135 I think it is, worth a try its not going to break the bank. The coffee you get with it is pretty tasteless though, also comes with a small glass of orange juice.

LK Metro. The former owner went to Lengkee and opened Retox

Looks like a suicide food to me, heart attack material , tastes good very short life dead soon , I eat good quality cereal , with lots of fruit every day for breakfast, I am over 80 and very good health,  only eat very healthy food mostly cooked by myself , no alcohol, no smoking, have a great life very enjoyable .  

Buy your coffee to go at a good coffee shop then hit one of the Retox joints is probably your best bet. Dont be quite to picky would be my other advice. Most people are happy with close here as it is Thailand. Not Australia... Good luck.

19 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Just thought I would mention that what you call hash browns is actually broken frozen french fries that did not make the grade for FF so are cut up and packaged as hash browns,a by product of FF. Real hash browns are cold boiled potatoes cut up and fryed. But hey many people grew up with junk food as part of their diet and accept as real so I understand.

no thats not correct, hash browns are made with grated potato, your description is how a cowboy chef would cook a roast potato, on a menu they would call them rissole potatoes

Just now, merlen10002 said:

Looks like a suicide food to me, heart attack material , tastes good very short life dead soon , I eat good quality cereal , with lots of fruit every day for breakfast, I am over 80 and very good health,  only eat very healthy food mostly cooked by myself , no alcohol, no smoking, have a great life very enjoyable .  

Sounds like a no protein high carb high insilun creating "Carboside". Not recommended in most modern diet schemes. Many would describe what you eat as poison.

yes, i like a similar breakfast-occasionally...very few have even half decent baked beans or ham or decent wholemeal bread....i like lek hotel for best value,but ham and sausages are no good.

the is a restaurant on soi buakhoa towards centrl rd-it has orange and white table and chairs.. their bacon and baked beans are good, also very cheap  devonshire soi lengkee, not too bad...

20 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Sometimes it is nice to have a change.

Dont disagree with that but for me retox is consistent and good albeit am there no later than 8am so not the busiest time apart from the appalling two managers who will still be there drunk and smoking from the previous night

Frasers Jomtiem have Aussie beef wagyu sausages. Never had breakfast there though.

Continental just down from Frasers have a large breakfast menu. I've had a Scottish breakfast there but unfortunately without black pudding, but u can add whatever extra's you want.  

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Your suggestions will not meet his standards.

Retox for example is a huge breakfast but is truly a pile of bad attitude fast fried crap with instant coffee.

Not even close to his specific requirements. 

+1 service sucks too and not in a good way.

On 1/14/2018 at 4:31 PM, aussienam said:

The devil is in the detail.  I have had brekkies that have been close to the pictures but never cooked properly.  Been looking for a year and a half!!  

Have you found a good cardiologist during that period also?

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Completely agree NL,the breakfast what is required is not and will never be available here unless the member cooks it himself...as for the other gastronomic Pattaya thread I read with avid interest and bemusement about some of the comments,I never realised cooking meat and tatties and a few veg could be so mind boggling.......:sorry:

Could be a business opportunity.....come and eat at "The Heart Attack On A Plate" brekky cafe.

23 hours ago, aussienam said:

LOL yes I am on a quest for the Holy Grail of Breakfasts' in Pattaya.  I will not give up!  :)

Jom Tien Twin Coffee has a pretty good breakfast like your pictures, key factor here is Crispy bacon, not the wimpy crap they serve elsewhere - only caveat, I need three sunny side up eggs.

Breakfast, forget it but you will never go hungry as long as you see it that way but if you knock your brain around you will?

Been to nearly all of them,  English, American, whatever they want to call it little/big lots of different names but good luck, beans, deep fried toast and the black pudding not my thing.

Good luck

On 1/14/2018 at 5:06 PM, aussienam said:

Thanks mate, yeah have done that several times - cooked myself.  Retox I have tried.  Was okay.  

Gerry;s bar soi 4 pratumnak hill. big breakfast i could not finish it, they use good quality products 

4 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Frasers Jomtiem have Aussie beef wagyu sausages. Never had breakfast there though.

Continental just down from Frasers have a large breakfast menu. I've had a Scottish breakfast there but unfortunately without black pudding, but u can add whatever extra's you want.  

i had a breakfast 1 time in Fraser it sucked,

I serious doubt you will ever find sunny side up eggs like in your pictures in Thailand.  The Thai way is to deep fry the eggs in palm oil producing slimy overcooked things with crunchy edges.  Scrambled is safest.

In most respects Simple Simon's on Jomtiem Soi 5 (same street as Thai Immigration) comes close.  The bread is white but they might have whole wheat.  The sausages are probably pork, but tasty.  Back bacon.  Can't remember if they have the mushrooms or not.  The beans are, well they are beans in sweet tomatoey sauce just like in your examples.  They have prefabricated hashbrowns like in your photos.  The coffee is coffee, not barista fufu stuff.

Sandbar by the Sea in Jomtiem (Google for the location) cooks the mushrooms and sausage with the beans.  You can get prefabricated hash browns instead of real ones or get fried potatoes & oninons.  Pick your own bread from their selection and toast it yourself - no good if you are a really lazy person but fine for most.  Enless self serve coffee, but again none of that barista fufu stuff.

For a descent change of pace try breakfast at Tigglebitties on Regional Land Road in Jomtiem (Google the location).  Get the sausage gravy and biscute with a pair of eggs.  Once in awhile they actually get sunny side up or over easy eggs right, but again scrambled is safest.  For a wilder start to the day try some of their spicy Mexican style breakfasts.

For a real American breakfast with hash browns I think Richman Poorman in Jomtien is recommended. Frasers owned by an Aussie do some great food , but not sure about breakfasts. 

In Pattaya I would recommend Bake'n Brew , they are currently number 2 on Trip Advisor and they do some really nice breakfasts , and the coffee is very good too. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3660931-Reviews-Bake_n_Brew-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

The devil is in the details....I have tried them all and currently doing the Holiday Inn 299baht buffet deal.....I like the beans and variety of fresh fruit and yogurt...nothing really fancy but the service is great and it does the deal for me....you mileage will always differ.....IMHO....

IMG_6634.JPG

13 hours ago, Chivas said:

Dont disagree with that but for me retox is consistent and good albeit am there no later than 8am so not the busiest time apart from the appalling two managers who will still be there drunk and smoking from the previous night

Breakfasted at Retox at least 2 dozen times and never, ever had to put up with appalling couples of drunk management smoking. Either you are cursed or I am blessed.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, lovelomsak said:

Just thought I would mention that what you call hash browns is actually broken frozen french fries that did not make the grade for FF so are cut up and packaged as hash browns,a by product of FF. Real hash browns are cold boiled potatoes cut up and fryed. But hey many people grew up with junk food as part of their diet and accept as real so I understand.

Thanks for advising on how those horrible, non-US style, compressed hash brown patty things are made.

15 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

no thats not correct, hash browns are made with grated potato, your description is how a cowboy chef would cook a roast potato, on a menu they would call them rissole potatoes

You are correct. US-style hash browns come from a shredded potato base.

lovelomsak is also correct as he is describing the other type of hash brown or rissole more commonly served in English-owned or managed resto's.

I do like a good breakfast myself and I would recommend Frasers as it near ticks

all the boxes, and you can pick your own ingredients and even have a word with the staff as they are helpful and want to please.

i have been to most places in the last ten years and Frasers is the place I go when I want the full English. 

On 1/14/2018 at 5:01 PM, aussienam said:

The devil is in the detail.  I have had brekkies that have been close to the pictures but never cooked properly.  Been looking for a year and a half!!  

Aha, good luck on your heroic quest and godspeed to you.

Archived