Best breakfast in Pattaya?

aussienam

4 hours ago, pegman said:

Been many times and always fine other than at crowded Super Bowl buffet they have a hard time with demand. 

my experience with most people and food is that providing the food is plenty full and at the right price most would not know a decent well cooked food if it slapped them in the face. supper bowl BUFFET i rest my case.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like a no protein high carb high insilun creating "Carboside". Not recommended in most modern diet schemes. Many would describe what you eat as poison.

What I eat for lunch and dinner as all the protein and recommended healthy food I require for a very healthy balanced diet, your more than likely not 80 year old and probably with not have to worry about it more likely be dead before get to 80,  what a very silly comment . 

47 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Breakfasted at Retox at least 2 dozen times and never, ever had to put up with appalling couples of drunk management smoking. Either you are cursed or I am blessed.

I have been 3 dozen times and experienced it once......I must be somewhere between blessed and cursed.

1 hour ago, chicowoodduck said:

The devil is in the details....I have tried them all and currently doing the Holiday Inn 299baht buffet deal.....I like the beans and variety of fresh fruit and yogurt...nothing really fancy but the service is great and it does the deal for me....you mileage will always differ.....IMHO....

IMG_6634.JPG

I'll need to check that out. I usually find hotel all-inclusive breakfasts as all a bit meh; especially buffet style offerings but I reckoned the pool side breakfast buffet and a la carte options at Holiday Inn were really good. I didn't know they offered it as a walk-in, breakfast-only option. What restaurant is that served in? Is that the original HI tower on Beach side or the newer Executive tower towards 2nd?

FWIW, when the D2 Barracuda hotel on 2nd at Post Office (13/2) was still under Dusit management, their breakfast buffet and a la carte was also really good. Maybe check if they do breakfast dining specials for non-guests as well.

I've had very satisfactory breakfasts at Retox, maybe 30 odd times. I agree the service is less than exemplary and even less so now that they have probably doubled the number of tables at Lengkee. It's a madhouse these days and I'm far less inclined to eat there when I visit Pattaya. Soon though I will be installed in my new apartment near Big C X  and will mostly eat brekky at home.

On 1/14/2018 at 3:46 AM, bkk6060 said:

:):)  Good you have a sense of humor I think.

OK, do you speak perfect Thai?

Maybe take a Thai speaker with you to Kiss, Retox, Holiday Inn, Hilton, Avani and order specifically what you stated.

Good luck, I am just saying after 2 years here full time I am lucky to get my eggs to my liking.  Never mind the rest.

I honestly think you may not find it perfect as you want.

But, worth a try I guess good luck.

I thought I was doing good in taking only three days to get a cook at the hotel buffet station to understand what I meant by 'eggs over easy'. 

If you’re looking for ticking some of your boxes for a great omelette and coffee, try Meet & Make Cafe in Soi Jomtien High Condo. (Halfway up soi on left just before the curved arch across Thappraya Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Pitini always made a big brekky to my satisfaction, but I don't drink coffee so can't comment on that.

I used to like a place down Soi Post Office, but they were a rip off on the extras, so I stopped going there. quality of cooking was variable as well.

As for bacon, I've never found anything resembling decent bacon in LOS.

IMO. you are too fussy with your requirements to ever be satisfied in LOS, unless in a 5* restaurant with a chef that cooks to your requirements.

Would also be great if there was a place that served a decent tomato sauce.  I am not a fan of most of the ketchups here

Me too, but I recently discovered Mabin brand, which I like a lot. 

KFC back in the 90s had a great ketchup, but seem to have given it up since.

6 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

The devil is in the details....I have tried them all and currently doing the Holiday Inn 299baht buffet deal.....I like the beans and variety of fresh fruit and yogurt...nothing really fancy but the service is great and it does the deal for me....you mileage will always differ.....IMHO....

IMG_6634.JPG

A Bloody Mary for breakfast. Admirable.

13 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

IMG_6634.JPG

No runny eggs, no hot dog sausage, no coffee. Pffft. Obviously you've missed one--the classic, the traditional Pattaya brekkie. It's THE most popular at one of the most popular restos in the city. I think once you've had it you'll forget about all that overpriced pretentious crap, as so many have. Just compare the above with THESE masterpieces:

kissbf.jpg.f14ffedb9da04102edb02f11037e8f48.jpg

See that bacon? Assimilate: become a true Cesspoolian! http://www.kissfoodpattaya.com/

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I'll need to check that out. I usually find hotel all-inclusive breakfasts as all a bit meh; especially buffet style offerings but I reckoned the pool side breakfast buffet and a la carte options at Holiday Inn were really good. I didn't know they offered it as a walk-in, breakfast-only option. What restaurant is that served in? Is that the original HI tower on Beach side or the newer Executive tower towards 2nd?

FWIW, when the D2 Barracuda hotel on 2nd at Post Office (13/2) was still under Dusit management, their breakfast buffet and a la carte was also really good. Maybe check if they do breakfast dining specials for non-guests as well.

Seems to be a walk-in option.

https://www.holidayinn-pattaya.com/offers/international-breakfast-buffet/

Sit, relax and enjoy an international breakfast buffet for only THB 299 net each weekday or THB 550 net on weekends at either Cafe G – Level 4 Bay tower or East Coast Kitchen – Level 6 Executive Tower.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:30 AM, balo said:

For a real American breakfast with hash browns I think Richman Poorman in Jomtien is recommended. Frasers owned by an Aussie do some great food , but not sure about breakfasts. 

In Pattaya I would recommend Bake'n Brew , they are currently number 2 on Trip Advisor and they do some really nice breakfasts , and the coffee is very good too. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3660931-Reviews-Bake_n_Brew-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Agree on Bake'n Brew. They serve the best breakfast in Pattaya that I've found. Excellent quality food and they even have a bread buffet that comes with ordering breakfast that allows you unlimited quantities of proper bread (as opposed to the usual burnt pieces of white toast).

47 minutes ago, questionsreplies said:

I am wondering if people who eat this oily fat dangerous food cry when it's time to die ?

I also wonder why at Internet era, when we can know the truth, bacon still exists ?

Anyway, except some details, this food can be found at any buffet, even Lek hotel for 150thb, and at least with buffets you have a chance to become smart and eat mostly salad or grilled chicken...

Good luck for you last years of life if you eat this greasy food often !

I got this decades ago from newspapers. Thank you for your concern for my health but I like my sodium nitrites crispy. 

Oh yes, this just in: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-18/is-nitrate-free-bacon-another-food-fad/8948682

On 15/01/2018 at 11:14 PM, NanLaew said:

Breakfasted at Retox at least 2 dozen times and never, ever had to put up with appalling couples of drunk management smoking. Either you are cursed or I am blessed.

at least 9/10 they are still there at 7.30am period bald headed thick set geezer and thin geezer in chelsea shirts whose painted himself all over

14 hours ago, Becker said:

Agree on Bake'n Brew. They serve the best breakfast in Pattaya that I've found. Excellent quality food and they even have a bread buffet that comes with ordering breakfast that allows you unlimited quantities of proper bread (as opposed to the usual burnt pieces of white toast).

Assuming this is the place on Soi Xcyte, nearly opposite the old car park, near 3rd Road, (which the link suggests) I found them to be less than enjoyable - coffee was served lukewarm and I saw no evidence of a bread buffet.  This was April 2017 - might have changed, of course.

2 hours ago, VBF said:

coffee was served lukewarm and I saw no evidence of a bread buffet. 

Can't be the same place , or maybe new management ?  

You should try them again , if you can find a table , very busy during high season . 

11 minutes ago, balo said:

Can't be the same place , or maybe new management ?  

You should try them again , if you can find a table , very busy during high season . 

Yes it's the same place. I looked at the Trip Adviser link posted above and  found some pictures. Also someone had the same complaint as me - lukewarm everything. BUT.... This was in March 2017 and, as i said, I was last there in April 2017. Many of the other reviews are very positive. So, as I'm staying on Soi Lengkee in a couple of weeks time, i'll try again. As we all know, things change rapidly in Patts! 

On 15/01/2018 at 3:09 PM, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like a no protein high carb high insilun creating "Carboside". Not recommended in most modern diet schemes. Many would describe what you eat as poison.

Ahh, but have you ever heard the saying, "So, what's your poison? "  That is mine!   If I die from my occasional 'unhealthy' brekky then 'so be it'!  

On 1/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, VBF said:

Assuming this is the place on Soi Xcyte, nearly opposite the old car park, near 3rd Road, (which the link suggests) I found them to be less than enjoyable - coffee was served lukewarm and I saw no evidence of a bread buffet.  This was April 2017 - might have changed, of course.

Went by there today and the place was packed so had to go another place for my breakfast but I can confirm that the bread buffet is still offered.

41 minutes ago, Becker said:

Went by there today and the place was packed so had to go another place for my breakfast but I can confirm that the bread buffet is still offered.

Well you've talked me into it..... I'll give it another try! :smile: 

As i said above, places change and it would be incredibly boring if we all liked the same places anyway!

I do like decent bread which is sometimes hard to find in Patts and certainly, if the coffee is good, they'll get a +vote from me.:coffee1:

And @bkk6060 you're absolutely right........but as my old man used to say "everything I enjoy is illegal, immoral, or fattening" 

Seriously, I wouldn't want a big breakfast or a  "fry-up" every day but the occasional treat.......

On 15/01/2018 at 1:29 PM, imjit said:

Pig & Whistle Soi 7. Cannot go wrong. Believe me. Brekky to die for! 

Had it recently and think its good, maybe not to die for though. I like the pigs window seats better than the seats in i-rovers and to me half the battle is to feel comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2018 at 7:38 PM, VBF said:

Yes it's the same place. I looked at the Trip Adviser link posted above and  found some pictures. Also someone had the same complaint as me - lukewarm everything. BUT.... This was in March 2017 and, as i said, I was last there in April 2017. Many of the other reviews are very positive. So, as I'm staying on Soi Lengkee in a couple of weeks time, i'll try again. As we all know, things change rapidly in Patts! 

I realise that quoting myself is a bit odd but yesterday I  gave Bake'n Brew a try. It was nearly empty and unlike before, I got good service and piping hot coffee. Tried the bread buffet and the choices of bread are excellent: fresh and tasty.

The coffee isn't (IMO) brilliant though - I found it a little bitter.

But, I am happy to give it a positive assessment (unlike before)  - I'd say "it's on my list of places to breakfast in Pattaya".

Then again, perhaps the title of this thread should be "The breakfasts I like the best in Pattaya" 

Bon appetit :smile:

I recommend giving the Swan on Soi Yamoto a try. Their bacon is not up to much; not sure any restaurant bacon in Pattaya is; but all other elements are good or very good. As well as the bacon, there are 2 eggs, an excellent sausage, hash brown, black pudding, beans, grilled tomato, fried bread, 2 big slices of toast with butter and marmalade, OJ and a mug of tea or coffee with a free refill. Cost is 185 Baht. Sky sports on the telly.

Archived