Picky cabbie posts rules all over cab, including no gossiping and no profanity

webfact

Picky cabbie posts rules all over cab, including no gossiping and no profanity

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

While most taxis in Bangkok don’t even follow the laws, this cabbie has signs all over his car, stating what passengers can and can’t do.

TV presenter and columnist Kanok Ratwongsakul shared photos taken inside a taxi with a question, “Is this a taxi or a training center?”

Kanok was likely referring to social etiquette training, since the rules were written in such a way to demean and criticize the passengers he picks up. The first sign attached to the back of the driver’s seat reads, “Sit silently.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/picky-cabbie-posts-rules-cab-including-no-gossiping-no-profanity/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-01-16

I can understand rules like wear your seat belt and no food or drinks allowed, but most of the rules are just sanctimonious nonsense. As a paying customer, I pay to get from A to B. Not to be patronized or condescended to. I'm funny like that. 

50 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I can understand rules like wear your seat belt and no food or drinks allowed, but most of the rules are just sanctimonious nonsense. As a paying customer, I pay to get from A to B. Not to be patronized or condescended to. I'm funny like that. 

You should wherever you go, restaurant, bar etc sit quietly, don't ask questions without raising your hand and when asked 'what do you want?' drop your head and gaze slightly and start by saying 'sorry' I would like to ask something. You will be told to wait quietly until the 'official' has time to deal with you.

'If' you get an answer be happy with it and don't question it in any way.

Edited by overherebc

It does appear a little bit odd that a Bangkok Taxi is posting rules inside his Taxi when others roam the streets in such blatant disregard for the law let alone social etiquette....

I for one don't mind such rules particularly those borne of mutual respect. 

i.e. No drinking or eating in a taxi, no excessive drunks (throwing up), wear the seatbelt, be polite, no raised voices (when talking with friends etc - which may distract the driver). No stopping at Shops etc on main roads. 

I also expect of the Taxi driver - No drunks, no spitting, safe driving, seatbelts in the back, talk politely, no farting !, no music unless requested by the passenger, use the meter, no over charging or 'long routing'.... 

I suspect this Taxi driver may actually be one of the more honest ones !