PM accuses the media and politicians of trying to overthrow junta govt

webfact

By THE NATION

ec69617ec669ec2db47734bc2d20a0bc.jpeg

PM Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha takes photos with journalists at the Government House earlier this month

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha accused the media and politicians of attempting to overthrow the junta government and the National Council for Peace and Order in a letter handed to Cabinet members on Tuesday.

“They are currently problems,” Prayut wrote in the 12-page handwritten piece. “They want to return all laws and orders to how they were before. Some dishonest civil servants have also joined them.”

Prayut also underlined the need to build “Thai Niyom” or “Thai-ism democracy”, which by his definition “has to be acceptable to all sides with mutual goals for sustainable peace based on honest and fair elections for a government with good governance”.

“Don’t force me or the NCPO to fight with anyone,” he went on. “I want Thai people who want ‘Thai-ism democracy’ and shared ideology to bring about solutions.

“No one can come to distort this. There are still people with ill-intent attempting to do so,” he wrote.

Prayut urged the Cabinet to promote the upcoming election, including engaging as many young eligible voters as possible to cast their votes. “The 18-year-old young bloods, whether they like politics or not, should come out and vote,” he said.

He also warned that the activities of ministers and high-ranking officials would affect their tri-monthly evaluation, starting this April, which would consequently affect a reshuffle decision at the end of the fiscal year in October.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30336514

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-18

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prayut also underlined the need to build “Thai Niyom” or “Thai-ism democracy”

Yeap. You came out with a stupid idea which has an insidious meaning. People called it out for what it was. So what do you do? You double down on the idea. 

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

So now according to the headline and the PM we have a group wanting to overthrow his government which previously overthrew an elected government. It's dog eat dog out there in the Thai political arena. Wonder which mongrel will win?

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yeap. You came out with a stupid idea which has an insidious meaning. People called it out for what it was. So what do you do? You double down on the idea. 

I beleive he keeps the "Thai Niyom" definition in the same locked drawer as the illusive road map - nobody is allowed to actually see it and it is written very faintly in pencil.

38 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

So now according to the headline and the PM we have a group wanting to overthrow his government which previously overthrew an elected government. It's dog eat dog out there in the Thai political arena. Wonder which mongrel will win?

Sounds like he has his G-string on back the front, nickers all hanging out ?

This disgraceful charlatan makes me want to vomit every time he opens his mouth.

I hope the students do vote because there are plenty who do already see this shit show of a regime for what it is.

The Prawit cover up will be the thing that gets the poor riled I think. His greed and outright dishonesty at a time when the poor are doing it REALLY tough will be the final straw.

:partytime2:

This is so funny, just preform better and kick Prawit out to restore some of your credibility. Now you want to be a politician.. then your ruled by your popularity and that stems from your actions. The Prawit scandal is dragging him down. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

:partytime2:

This is so funny, just preform better and kick Prawit out to restore some of your credibility. Now you want to be a politician.. then your ruled by your popularity and that stems from your actions. The Prawit scandal is dragging him down. 

Well, I'll say that overthrowing a legal government, being the only junta government leader in the world, suspending basic human rights, putting people before military tribunals and jailing them without them having the right to legal representation nor appeal, being unusually rich yet denying anyone the right to look into the matter, constantly lying regarding your intentions etc, etc, etc is also a bit of a drag.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He also warned that the activities of ministers and high-ranking officials would affect their tri-monthly evaluation, starting this April, which would consequently affect a reshuffle decision at the end of the fiscal year in October.

Why would you have a reshuffle in October when the election is the following month? Seems completely pointless, unless...

Just now, Becker said:

Well, I'll say that overthrowing a legal government, being the only junta government leader in the world, suspending basic human rights, putting people before military tribunals and jailing them without them having the right to legal representation nor appeal, being unusually rich yet denying anyone the right to look into the matter, constantly lying regarding your intentions etc, etc, etc is also a bit of a drag.

Your right about that but before the Prawit and other scandals people here did not mind that as much. But now combine it with the scandals going on and how bad he is at playing a politician it all ads up. If he had shown that he was serious about reform and fighting corruption. People here would accept a military goverment. But he is just as bad as the corrupt politicians he was supposed to clean up. By not going after Prawit he lost so much credibility. Lost a lot before on his brother.. and nephew the development of that park and other scandals.

The junta had a lot of potential to clean up a lot of stuff that normal governments did not want to or could not do. But they failed and failed miserably because they only went after stuff that did not effect them. 

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Why would you have a reshuffle in October when the election is the following month? Seems completely pointless, unless...

The whole dismissing is pointless if you take them back later as advisers (see news of yesterday or a few days ago). 

5 minutes ago, Becker said:

And yet he seems to think he has a perfect right to feel genuinely aggrieved that people want him and his junta out, despite the above. I truly find that difficult to comprehend.

How can he think he could possibly make a go of civilian politics when all he can do is dish out the abuse and not take any in return? Is he that far out of touch with what politics is or just plain stupid?

I mean, I am not even trying to be nasty with my questions. I genuinely would like to know what is going on in his head.

1 hour ago, Chang_paarp said:

That is what democracy is about, changing governments on a regular basis with an election thrown in for good measure.

But is that "Thai-ism democracy"? We have yet to see exactly what Prayut is talking about but I'm sure it's not what you have suggested. That's "real" democracy.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your right about that but before the Prawit and other scandals people here did not mind that as much. But now combine it with the scandals going on and how bad he is at playing a politician it all ads up. If he had shown that he was serious about reform and fighting corruption. People here would accept a military goverment. But he is just as bad as the corrupt politicians he was supposed to clean up. By not going after Prawit he lost so much credibility. Lost a lot before on his brother.. and nephew the development of that park and other scandals.

The junta had a lot of potential to clean up a lot of stuff that normal governments did not want to or could not do. But they failed and failed miserably because they only went after stuff that did not effect them. 

See? You could have saved 3 years of your life arguing on Thaivisa had you have only listened to what we in the anti-junta axis of evil were saying all along...:biggrin:

1 minute ago, baboon said:

See? You could have saved 3 years of your life arguing on Thaivisa had you have only listened to what we in the anti-junta axis of evil were saying all along...:biggrin:

Yea yea.. I am now anti junta too or actually anti corruption like I have always been. Does not mean I will support the reds now all of a sudden. I will support people based on merit so if the PTP comes with a good idea i support it if the junta comes with a good idea i support it and not burn it because of who it came from. 

I like how the junta wants to lower bail for the poor so they can wait their sentencing out of jail like the rich. There are even things I like about the PTP too. They can all have good ideas and they can all do stupid / corrupt things.

You have to understand if you looked at the coups in recent history (last 50 years or so) they never stayed as long in power as now. Usually a year no longer. So no way knowing it would be different this time.  I said it before i felt it was justified to clean up the corruption and other problems with the previous government. Had they been cleaner i would not have supported a coup. But all they wanted was to get their master back. 

I would even support a coup to punish Prayut and Prawit (yea slow learner i know) but sometimes I just like to see corrupt people punished who would otherwise escape.