British expat who doused girlfriend in petrol and set her on fire reportedly arrested in Thailand

rooster59

12 hours ago, robblok said:

I thought this was a Muslim thing.. or a Thai thing (when people start commenting on the frail Thai ego). But it seems foreigners can do it too. When rejected some people react totally crazy at times. 

Hope he goes to jail for real long time.

Look at him. 

He looks middle eastern. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, robblok said:

I thought this was a Muslim thing.. or a Thai thing (when people start commenting on the frail Thai ego). But it seems foreigners can do it too. When rejected some people react totally crazy at times. 

Hope he goes to jail for real long time.

O please a murlim thing or a thai thing, this kind of crap happens world wide. Emotional immature knows no national boundaries

9 minutes ago, greenchair said:

How do you know? 

What's his parentage? 

He's going home often to take care of his parents. 

He's muslim, bet my mother's arse on it. 

His mother and father are Brits as is his brother and the reason he was going back to Britian visiting was because his father was in hospital. I'm sure your mother would be very proud of you for the way you were willing to "bet your mother's arse on it"

54 minutes ago, greenchair said:

How do you know? 

What's his parentage? 

one can be muslim and British,  christian and British,  bahai and British.

just as one can be a mother and racist.

British is a nationality, muslim is a religion. The two are not mutually exclusive in fact approximately 3 million British are muslims.

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

How do you know? 

What's his parentage? 

he looks Anglo Saxon to me, seen a few of them being British..............

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

How do you know? 

What's his parentage? 

He is still British - a muslim is not a nationality, but someone who believe in Islam like Christians are people who believe in Christianity - By the way, you may keep your mothers arse simply because I am not interested...:coffee1:

6 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Does anyone know how to start a Gofundme campaign(?), as I'm sure her medical bills will be massive. I signed up to see how it works but realized I wouldn't have any way to get the money to her family. I would donate to this girl if one was started. 

I would deliver it for you personally if Hanoi was not such a s@&t hole

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I would deliver it for you personally if Hanoi was not such a s@&t hole

If you ever need advice on travel, I can suggest an excellent hotel with first class service in Hanoi. 

Trouble is it costs 2000baht a night so likely far above what you budget for accomadation.  

The Temple of Literature is amazing but then it costs 150 baht entrance so your weeks budget for entertainment would be gone as well.

In my opinion Hanoi is a very nice city,  sad how abject poverty colours some posters some views

Met another foreigner with money or promises of marriage and moving to New lovers home country. - Fixed it for you.

Pretty inhuman. Well, I'm sure the commies will sort this nasty POS out well enough.

Edited by ozmeldo

2 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

If you ever need advice on travel, I can suggest an excellent hotel with first class service in Hanoi. 

Trouble is it costs 2000baht a night so likely far above what you budget for accomadation.  

The Temple of Literature is amazing but then it costs 150 baht entrance so your weeks budget for entertainment would be gone as well.

In my opinion Hanoi is a very nice city,  sad how abject poverty colours some posters some views

I agree Hanoi is nice I would go there again

14 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I am sorry robblok, no offence but I'm afraid you are wrong comparing the two, at least IMHO. Because alcohol is a current product, with a role socially speaking I dare say, every birthday, every wedding, every celebration of anything people will find alcohol so logically they will drink a glass or two, sometimes only out of curiosity for this champagne this wine or whatever.

Drugs, on the contrary, are illegal so how one could one try it for the first time? While hiding himself to buy the substance.Taking care not to be seen by the police. It emanates from the drugs consumption a perfume of sulphur, of sin, of everything forbidden. So the consumer cannot be compared to the grandmother who loves her little glass of wine with a biscuit every evening.  Even if,  yes the two product are dugs it's a mistake to compare them as you do. And a worst mistake to compare the users. But once again no offence :smile:

I don't really care that you have different views because that is quite normal, not everyone sees drugs the same way. Drugs are not everywhere illegal, cannabis is legal in many countries. When i did xtc in the past we could even test those drugs with the government to see if they were clean products ore not (yes the wonders of the Netherlands). I also never had to look for a dealer. People always knew a friend who had the stuff.  We were not worried when we had it as the police would not go after users (as it should be unless they drive vehicles but  the same goes for alcohol the other drug.)Drugs have been used since the beginning of time (you should do your research)

I am not sure from what country you are but getting drugs back in my country was not a big problem. (not that i tried them all some stuff we just avoided). Never an air of criminality around it. Strangely we were a country with lower addiction rates as in other countries. That says enough Id say. 

I can show you research about alcohol being classified a hard drug and far more damaging then cannabis but I guess you would not believe that too. Some people are just too set in their ways. Drugs can be a problem that is for sure but not for everyone just like alcohol only a small group gets addicted.

Just be logical look at how much drugs are taken off the streets.. that a fraction of what is consumed.. now if so much is consumed and everyone who consumes it becomes an addict.. you should see far more trouble and encounter junkies everywhere.. and we don't (not denying that there are junkies or people with a drug problem). But its far smaller then it would be if it was true that everyone who used drugs is a druggie and out of control. 

19 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I agree Hanoi is nice I would go there again

It was even nicer before all these motorbikes and cars -you could leisurely travel back to your hotel after dinner by cyclo and smell the aroma of  Frangipani wafting over people's garden walls................

49 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't really care that you have different views because that is quite normal, not everyone sees drugs the same way. Drugs are not everywhere illegal, cannabis is legal in many countries. When i did xtc in the past we could even test those drugs with the government to see if they were clean products ore not (yes the wonders of the Netherlands). I also never had to look for a dealer. People always knew a friend who had the stuff.  We were not worried when we had it as the police would not go after users (as it should be unless they drive vehicles but  the same goes for alcohol the other drug.)Drugs have been used since the beginning of time (you should do your research)

I am not sure from what country you are but getting drugs back in my country was not a big problem. (not that i tried them all some stuff we just avoided). Never an air of criminality around it. Strangely we were a country with lower addiction rates as in other countries. That says enough Id say. 

I can show you research about alcohol being classified a hard drug and far more damaging then cannabis but I guess you would not believe that too. Some people are just too set in their ways. Drugs can be a problem that is for sure but not for everyone just like alcohol only a small group gets addicted.

Just be logical look at how much drugs are taken off the streets.. that a fraction of what is consumed.. now if so much is consumed and everyone who consumes it becomes an addict.. you should see far more trouble and encounter junkies everywhere.. and we don't (not denying that there are junkies or people with a drug problem). But its far smaller then it would be if it was true that everyone who used drugs is a druggie and out of control. 

I think it would be safe to say that whether a drug is legal or illegal, it is not good for you.

Just now, vogie said:

I think it would be safe to say that whether a drug is legal or illegal, it is not good for you.

I think your right, all of them are bad for the health (but its dose dependent). You won't hear me debate that is bad to take huge quantities of alcohol or drugs. Though i like to be free what I do with my body (as long as i don't harm others). 

But I agree drugs are not great for the body. 

3 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

I think you don' t believe what you write but are looking for a reaction.  I think there is a name for that behaviour

I can assure you I truly believe what I have written and by watching my wife die I also have first hand knowledge of the damage that drugs can do. So if you don't know me I would like you to keep your imaginary beliefs to yourself.

14 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I also know people who have died because of drug affected drivers and also elderly people who have been bashed so that the druggie can steal their money for more drugs

If you call cocaine addicts druggies, I'm okay with it, because that's a drug that comes with a psychological addiction. But not people who smoke weed on special occasions.

Don't you think that there's a huge difference between some people who are using ( not abusing !) recreational drugs to those who are being used by drugs?

I'm not talking about jobless people who still live with their mom and smoke anything they can get 24/7. The dose is making the drug. 

To understand a society, you have to take a good look at the drug it's using. It's usually caffeine and alcohol, beside the pharmaceutical drugs. Caffeine to be diligent and productive from Monday to Friday and alcohol from Friday to Monday morning to keep you too stupid to figure out the prison you're living in.  (Bill Hicks)

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

I can assure you I truly believe what I have written and by watching my wife die I also have first hand knowledge of the damage that drugs can do. So if you don't know me I would like you to keep your imaginary beliefs to yourself.

why not share that story with the group? did it happen in Hanoi? is it remotely connected to the thread?  BTW you have my heartfelt condolances

Edited by isaanbanhou