Savannakhet Non O Based on Marriage

Hello

will be going again next month to renew my multiple entry visa, 15 months is a long time and rules regs can change a lot.  Just wondering if there are any changes I need to know before I go?

last time I remember I had to take the following

photos

passport

trebian Baan 

passport wife

marriage cert

Birt cert son

obviously signed copies and signed for the above, anything else changed or missed off?  I'm sure  ubonjoe wil know.

cheers 

3 minutes ago, AGLV0121 said:

When was that? Seems that nowadays 5K Bahts is no longer enough.

I wonder how much if the requirement has changed, I may need the current amount.

It is 5k baht for the visa fee. They do not ask for financial proof.

• Like 1

Just done it. Need

5000baht

2 photos

copy of your passport Id page(signed)

signed copies (wife too) of

marriage certificates ( both parts)

wifes id( wife’s signature)

house blue book.(wife’s signature)

Original  marriage certificate ( colour one, they just look at it and give it back to you) (both signatures)

download application form and fill it in before u go. 

same for Laos visa 1500 baht. 

5 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

ID wife not passport

birth cert son not required

$35 is worth taking for the Laos VISA on entry.

$35 in beautiful, untarnished bills, by the way.  My $5 bill had a tiny crease that was deemed unacceptable; thus, Ihad to pay in baht. :( 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is 5k baht for the visa fee. They do not ask for financial proof.

Savannakhet is a fantastic place to renew visas.

btw, it's there that I caught a form of typhus. It's also there I had one of the best seafood platters close to / opposite the bus terminal. cross the street where Leader cyber cafe and Avalon residence are located. See attached

sfp.jpg

Been to Savannakhet 3 times now and no real problems. The last time I went in December I had everything they needed plus 2 originals of the paper to show that I am still married and they said they wanted copies of them. I just refused to go and make copies just to waste my time and money when the originals are fine. They finally accepted them and took the cash, picked up my passport with the visa. I guess they just like to act like asses sometimes. 

On 1/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, leeedwards said:

Just done it. Need

5000baht

2 photos

Original  marriage certificate ( colour one, they just look at it and give it back to you) (both signatures)

What do you mean (both signatures) on the original marriage certificate? Certainly signing an original document would be defacing it. Unless you mean that both parties should sign the copy?

On the marriage details (tabian somrot) portion, both my wife's and my signatures are already there.

5 hours ago, chowny77 said:

tabian somrot . Basic papers that you get to say your still married. i.e. not divorced.

It is a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry for a marriage registered here. Not normally asked for at the Savannakhet unless you do not have your original marriage certificate.

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, leeedwards said:

Just done it. Need

5000baht

2 photos

I need to go before 28th of Feb - if you still have like 2 days left (if I go on the 26th for example) do they just scrub the old one out and stick a new one in on a new page starting from the date you are there on?

8 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

I need to go before 28th of Feb - if you still have like 2 days left (if I go on the 26th for example) do they just scrub the old one out and stick a new one in on a new page starting from the date you are there on?

Are writing about your visa expiring or the last 90 day entry that is ending on the 28th? If it is your visa you can leave and re-enter the country on the 28th and get another 90 day entry.

When you apply for the new visa they do nothing with the old one. They will put a new visa sticker on an empty page in your passport.

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are writing about your visa expiring or the last 90 day entry that is ending on the 28th? If it is your visa you can leave and re-enter the country on the 28th and get another 90 day entry.

When you apply for the new visa they do nothing with the old one. They will put a new visa sticker on an empty page in your passport.

ahh cool - yeh I really regret not getting a one year one in November now - I do have one question though, why did they issue a one year work permit when my non O was only a 3 month single entry?

33 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

ahh cool - yeh I really regret not getting a one year one in November now - I do have one question though, why did they issue a one year work permit when my non O was only a 3 month single entry?

Work permits are not tied to your permit to stay in the country. To get a one year work permit you do not need a one year permit to stay.

• 9 months later...

Total costs of my trip to Savannakhet last week

Start Sunday Bangkok 9pm
Arrival Tuesday Bangkok 11.30pm

Bangkok-Mukdahan (9 hours)  3500 THB Diesel (including back to Bangkok)
Bus over the bridge 50THB
Visa on arrival Laos 1500 THB
Tuk Tuk to Thai consulate 200 THB
Multiple Non O 5000 THB
Tuk Tuk to Hotel 200 THB
Hoongthip Hotel  850 THB (including Wifi and Breakfast)
Tuk Tuk to consulate 200 THB
Tuk Tuk to border 200 THB
Bus back to Thai side 50 THB
Total damage excluding Food 11750 THB

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 1/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, gbob said:

$35 in beautiful, untarnished bills, by the way.  My $5 bill had a tiny crease that was deemed unacceptable; thus, Ihad to pay in baht. :( 

But You could have changed the creased one at the exchange booth next to Lao Immigration, I Did with a DIRTY One I Had,NO Problem....

On 7/28/2019 at 10:57 PM, Falconator said:

Has anything changed at Savannakhet since 2018?

Has anyone been asked to show 400,000 baht in a Thai bank?

NO Financials Required at Savanakhet Based on Marriage...............Well For NOW At Least.....

On 7/27/2019 at 11:36 AM, Nong Khai Man said:

But You could have changed the creased one at the exchange booth next to Lao Immigration, I Did with a DIRTY One I Had,NO Problem....

Last time I went my USD was rejected although it looked fine to me. I am going next week and again have USD in good condition (my opinion)

Is the exchange booth open early do you know just in case? (I never noticed it last time).

Do they exchange them for free or ?.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, james.d said:

Last time I went my USD was rejected although it looked fine to me. I am going next week and again have USD in good condition (my opinion)

Is the exchange booth open early do you know just in case? (I never noticed it last time).

Do they exchange them for free or ?.

Thank you.

Exchange booth is at the back of the building that just rejected your $$$s.

No charge for the service.

Why not take $100 in 10s with you, then they can pick and choose to their hearts content.

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Exchange booth is at the back of the building that just rejected your $$$s.

No charge for the service.

Why not take $100 in 10s with you, then they can pick and choose to their hearts content.

Many thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info thus far.

1.  Is there a single entry marriage visa in sukhamvit? 

2. Why is it called 90 day multiple entry -- are you guys leaving the country every 90 days? Or do you just leave every year to renew ( I heard that someone stayed for 15 months before renewing. Was he knows Thailand the whole time?)

Cheers

10 hours ago, tangdio said:

1.  Is there a single entry marriage visa in sukhamvit? 

You could get a single entry non-o visa and then extend the 90 day entry from one year based upon marriage at a immigration office.

10 hours ago, tangdio said:

2. Why is it called 90 day multiple entry -- are you guys leaving the country every 90 days? Or do you just leave every year to renew ( I heard that someone stayed for 15 months before renewing. Was he knows Thailand the whole time?)

A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a one year from the date it is issued You have leave the country for a new entry every 90 days unless you apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. It is possible to get 15 months for the visa by getting a new 90 day entry just before it expires. It would be 17 months if you applied for the 60 day extension of that entry.