opalred

the wife and i have lived in our own house now 7years 

elect charges started at 400b 

we are in winter so  no ac   i have gas cooking  gas hot water

i believe the  elect mob keep putting charges up without telling the people

my new bill 1920b

how they like to rob the people

have you seen them upgrade the spaghetti lines for past 20yrs

That's about right' thats a bit above my wifes bill when I'm not here & if I am add 1000 bht

All that spaghetti is actually the Telco's - I live in a new Moo Baan & the power poles were strung up beautifully, until the Telco's got to them

I've lived in the same house for 12 years and my last electric bill was the lowest we've ever had in spite of numerous rate increases over the years. You might want to check to see if someone is tapping into your electricity, or if you have something that is causing abnormal usage.

That's the same as we pay running two irrigation pumps for a hour a day and a pool pump as well. My teenage daughter is addicted to the AC so even in winter claims to need her room AC on full blast.

Check you are on the correct tariff, I think construction and some businesses pay more. It could be a mix up. Also have a look at your meter make sure you only have your cables connected into it.

Edited by mick220675

Something fishy going on there.. our power bill has stayed much the same for 5 or 6 years now.. we recently bought a big new fridge and run 2 now.. so went up abut 100 Bt to 700 a month.. no air con.. lots of fans.. TV....computers..  etc.. family of 3 adults and sometime lots of family.. ...short story.. a friend had his electricity cut off..  discovered the owner of the house who lived alongside was giving him his bill and paying my friends.. except the owner forgot to pay this time..  my friend had thought his bill was rather high for a guy living on his own...  lots of tricks out there.. 

OP check that it is actually your bill.

Recently our area got a new meter reader (lazy sod).

Our meter and next doors meter on the same pole, he has to walk a few meters left to leave their bill, a few meters right with our bill.

Recently i got the bill and started giving the wife hell about not closing electric when finished.

Wife looked at the amount owed and she was not happy, nearly double normal bill.

Then she looked at the name/address it was next doors bill not ours.

2 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

I've lived in the same house for 12 years and my last electric bill was the lowest we've ever had in spite of numerous rate increases over the years. You might want to check to see if someone is tapping into your electricity, or if you have something that is causing abnormal usage.

Living in my house in Bangkok over 10yrs the bills have dropped 30% after installing 100%LED bulbs inside and out. Everything else the same.

Medium-sized town in Khon Kaen province:-

February 2014 - 4.26 ฿/kWh.

December 2017 - 4.03 ฿/kWh.

Includes all taxes etc.

Keep track of your electricity usage using a spreadsheet like the attachment. I've even given you a graph to compare year-on-year. Clear all my old data  and you're ready to go:-

Electricity Consumption.xlsx

Edited by MartinL

Hello

We live in a condo and for 3 years our bill is stable (not paid to the condo management but to electricity department)

All electric (oven, microwave, american fridge, ceramic glass cooktop, extractor hood, washing machine and dishwasher) Then 2 computers, 2 TV, 2 ceiling fans always on

Cooking every day, washing machine used minimum 3 times a week and dishwasher 2 times..

AC in one of the bedroom (25 sqm) from 10 pm till 7 am

Bill always around 1400 to 1500 bahts.. This month, didn t use AC for 4 or 5 days, bill went down to 975

Have a nice day

To start with you need to check the number of units you use per unit cost over a couple of months. If you are able to use them. If the figures are not correct then you need to go the Electricity company's office and get it sorted out. If the figures are correct maybe it's time to think about buying solar power, taylored to the amount of electricity you use. You could think about changing your light bulbs to LEDs, if possible. that saves a lot of electrical energy.

18 hours ago, opalred said:

elect mob keep putting charges up without telling the people

Can't you see the charges on your bill?

I pay around 4.40 baht per kWh in total, about or close to the same price for the last seven years.

My oldest electric bill in my file is from January 2556, 5 years ago, at that time the total kWh price was 4.61 baht (i.e. 6012.43 baht for 1303 kWh).

My bill clearly shows usage and calculation of total charge, including a comparing summary for the previous six months – the image is my latest bill from December (2017)...:smile:

Electric-bill_2018.jpg.fcde9ca2748b8e3e9079b31941b38fc1.jpg

7 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

Agree totally. My wife and I have recently moved from a house in North Pattaya that we owned and occupied for around 12 years to a modern house on the dark side and our electricity consumption and bills are far less.

Edited by glasswort
Pattaya spelled incorrectly.

Mine is usually between 900-1200 a month, only me 40sqm condo - last two months though 460 & 620 cause its been cool, no A/C usage.   I pay direct to power company so Condo mgt can't cook the books, don;t have access to my newer though, they are in a locked room and Power company only has the key (supposedly):coffee1:

One house, two people, two bathrooms, three water pumps, four aircon, TV's/fridges/computers/wifi and 14 outside lights (LED's). All well insulated and energy efficient. Electricity prices have effectively gone down about three months ago.

IMG_20180117_155521.jpg.eaa93900dd782e21