Altercation with old thai lady, now what?

Hal65

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Another self-important falang who thinks rules don't apply to him.

Nonsense rules are rules non-the-less and a foreigner behaving like a scoff-law perhaps aggravated this old lady, who may well have other issues.

As far as I know cycles are not permitted to be ridden there, and are a danger to pedestrians.

Maybe the old lady got hit recently by one!

Cyclists who ride in pedestrian areas and on pavements are aggravating.

somedays I ride and others I walk (sharing a bike path - about a 50% split)

what I see is when riding is pedestrians that do nothing wrong and are very polite

when I walk, I come across entitled a-holes on bicycles that deserve to be knocked off.

Edited by punchjudy

The Thai traffic regulations are: The more wheels on your vehicle the more right of way you have. The more powerful your vehicle the more right of way you have.

And it is illegal to go up a one way street unless its the shortest route to your destination. Finally, Thais and Elephants have right of way over everything.

So you can see, farang cyclists have sod all rights in a Thai law court.

If you see the old girl again you must apologize humbly.

I ride my bicycle in this area every week , never seen this lady there. The pavement I only use to get to the next soi , since it's one way traffic . Never had any problems with that and I do not ride fast .

On 1/23/2018 at 4:39 PM, PatrickMcHargue said:

go apologize with a small gift.  Show your understanding and respect, 

@ "manic", like I said the apologists will have a field day, just read the first page on this thread 

7 hours ago, brling said:

@ "manic", like I said the apologists will have a field day, just read the first page on this thread 

Nobody is apologising for Thai behaviour. One person has suggested buying  gift and apologising to an elderly Thai lady who is possibly an official or a loony. Not a course of action I would suggest. I would forget the whole thing. It's a matter of no consequence. This has nothing to do with Thai culture as such but I'm sure the Thai bashers will have a field day. You tried to get the ball rolling in your own sly way.