Search operation underway for Irishman who is missing in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, tonray said:

The only mystery is why so many westerners come here and get so drunk or drugged up chasing ladies of questionable virtue that they lose the ability to take care of themselves as responsible adults.  Guys need to stop behaving like 12 year old boys and they might stay safer here. 

True, but where's the fun in that?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tonray said:

The only mystery is why so many westerners come here and get so drunk or drugged up chasing ladies of questionable virtue that they lose the ability to take care of themselves as responsible adults.  Guys need to stop behaving like 12 year old boys and they might stay safer here. 

If you don't know why people (not only Westerners) come here, get smashed and chase the girls I can only assume you are an asexual tee-total bible-basher that gets confused easily.  Have you never seen the brain depository on arrivals? 

I don't know too many 12 year-old boys that behave in this way though, do you?

a search operation is underway being co-ordinated by his brother, i get that but how about giving some information about this search operation; scope, organisation... especially how/who to contact should anyone have any information regarding this man

this would be easily available common sense information to include in the original posting would it not?

if the writer can't spot this omission surely the  sub ed should?!

Edited by samsensam
clarity

3 hours ago, claffey said:

Wow. Rolling out the stereotypes here. Just because he's Irish doesn't mean he's drunk! I hope he turns up safe and well. 

Stereotyping happens for a reason.... and maybe posters referencing any stereotypical behavior are actually hoping that this bloke is a true irisher, who will turn up after the mother of all benders.... alive, vs island alternative.

And what if he doesn't turn up dead or alive? Does that mean he could be either dead or alive? And if no trace of him is ever found, will the coroner eventually rule that he is likely to be dead or alive? Hmmm ... perhaps Irish folk have a different state of being that I haven't heard of before -- pickled in Guinness and therefore in a state of suspended animation????

:crazy:
Schrödinger's Irishman?

3 hours ago, UnkleMoooose said:

Irishman? Has anybody checked the bars?

I somehow linked the wrong quote to my message below. It was about why would he travel without his passport. Sorry.

I never take mine away with me. If I need ID for check in then I use my Thai drivers licence. Maybe he has one??

Edited by Toshiba66

3 hours ago, laislica said:

True, but where's the fun in that?

Exactly . And whats the point in coming all the way to Thailand to be responsible . ? Cant you do that in Luton . I think you are in the wrong frigging country everyone else is here for the drinking and whoring .

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

He's probably shacked up with some bar girl after hitting the piss.  Maybe he's drunk.  :shock1:

yes this is what everyone said about the man who when missing in Cha Am last month. Everyone disrespecting the man and his family who read these comments. Saying he was on a "piss" and having sex with a ladyboy.

He turned up dead.

The mods should delete all negative comments on these missing persons stories.  

Does anyone have any helpful information about this man?

5 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Got it, last place I would look is under someone's wet, manky towel.

Shrodinger's cat again; would depend a lot on what I wanted to find. :stoner:

So the brother is in Thailand too? Tourist both? Anybody that actually knows him hoping he is alive and well? Lots we don't know. Hope he is found soon.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling

8 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

And what if he doesn't turn up dead or alive? Does that mean he could be either dead or alive? And if no trace of him is ever found, will the coroner eventually rule that he is likely to be dead or alive? Hmmm ... perhaps Irish folk have a different state of being that I haven't heard of before -- pickled in Guinness and therefore in a state of suspended animation????

:crazy:

If he doesn't turn up dead /alive,,,,,Than he Will be Missing   Won't he ,  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I don't understand why neither of the linked articles have any mention of where in BKK his hotel is.  BKK is huge.  If they said Sukhumvit for example, at least the people who live around Sukhumvit might be more inclined to keep an eye open.

Looks like Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park in soi 22.....  

So the guy had cash and left his passport and one card in the room?   Do all you expats  always take your passport everywhere?   I rarely take mine out for the night.   Or even anytime.   I thought a photo copy was ok to have in the wallet?    Best wishes this story has a happy ending!!