Last note from murdered Italian to Thai wife: "You said it was love. But you just wanted my money"

webfact

In my case there is a 22 year gap. Right from the start I loved my wife but was somehow cautious until she won the jackpot in the lottery. All of a sudden she was much better off than myself. I expected the worst but after almost eight years she is still with me.

Edit:

It's a true story, except the jackpot never happened and I'm still sponsoring my sweetheart and she is giving me a good time most of the time. :smile:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, farcanell said:

are you talking about refugees from a war zone, or your average bloke on an amazing Thai holiday?

I think he's more talking about guys from me.

Guys running away from the woman they loved all there adult life, who suddenly turned on them and tried to destroy and harm them, throwing their children and life times assets on the bonfire during the process.

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You mean there are women who aren't like this?

And you've met one?

I certainly haven't and I've been looking for 50 odd years.

Hey, David Attenborough has shown that even chimpanzees sell sex, a bit of torn off monkey leg and they'll do anything.

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

It is really hard to judge how often this happens. 
There have been some horrible cases of murder reported in Thailand involving situations like this and of course they make big news. We really don't hear of the 'good'marriages because there is nothing newsworthy about normal situations.

I do know this- that most cross cultural marriages end in divorce. It is extremely hard for both parties to adjust to different cultural idiosyncrasies.I am also certain that Thai girls working in a bar are not the best life partners to seek. Don't get me wrong- I understand completely why they work there but long term bar girls pick up all the bad habits of their customers and they experience a cultural change that is hard to overcome. Then you add in the age difference and language/communication problems small issues become exaggerated.

After 3 marriages to Thais- 1 has been good ; another pretty good and another horrid-  I would not necessarily recommend a cross cultural marriage unless both parties speak excellent Thai/and the girl speaks good English and is willing to learn a third language if English is not native. In addition- a lengthy engagement is necessary to see if there is compatibility.

After almost 5 decades in Thailand- I can say for sure that this case is an exception- normally marriages or relationships do not end in murder but there are plenty that end in heartache and despair.  RIP to the deceased and may anyone associated with the murder get the harsh justice they deserve.

Maybe the French guy had the idea to get rid of the poor guy, but in my opinion these Thai ladies usually know the creme de la' creme' of all sorts of Thai gangster, of course always in need of money.

A life in lower northeast isn't worth a lot. There are people who do such a job for 15-25 K. Happened here before with a gun that people could rent with three bullets.

14 minutes ago, maximillian said:

In my case there is a 22 year gap. Right from the start I loved my wife but was somehow cautious until she won the jackpot in the lottery. All of a sudden she was much better off than myself. I expected the worst but after almost eight years she is still with me.

Edit:

It's a true story, except the jackpot never happened and I'm still sponsoring my sweetheart and she is giving me a good time most of the time. :smile:

Is it possible that there's a huge difference if you are 42, or 67? 

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

21 year age gap between me and my Thai partner, nearly 9 years together, is that long enough to guarantee she genuinely wants to stay, or is she in it for the "long haul"?  She's going to get just about everything when I cark it, so maybe she's just the patient type?

#MeToo

And we have children together (DNA tested), but I know I'm paying a reasonable price for a product she's selling.

If she met a guy that would pay her more she'd be off, just like that.

But she isn't my partner, she's my hired wife.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

20 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I think he's more talking about guys from me.

Guys running away from the woman they loved all there adult life, who suddenly turned on them and tried to destroy and harm them, throwing their children and life times assets on the bonfire during the process.

Good job you ain't bitter 

2 hours ago, CGW said:

I would tend to disagree, have you ever seen a Thai couple truly in love by western standards? Thai men, especially among Thai women are not renowned to for being the greatest catch.

Many of the men folk that do arrive here are already traumatized due to western society, the upheaval that bought them to Thailand in the first place etc, they are looking for a partner and indeed are easily fooled.

Yes, I have seen Thais in love. However, my post was referring to Thai women in love with farangs.

9 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Was talking to a girl off one of the dating sites and she agreed to meet me in my apartment.  She was already on her way on the BTS and I mentioned offhand that my room had no aircon because she said it was hot outside.  She cancelled there and then and never spoke to me again.

Another girl we were going to go down to the south islands for a trip and she asked me where we would stay.  I said I don't care where I stay when I go on a trip because I don't spend much time in the hotel.  She suggested a 3700 baht a night place with a jacuzzi.  I countered with an 800 baht a night hotel (steep by my standards actually).  She cancelled the trip.

It's easy to suss out the golddiggers.

Maybe they don't like cheapskates

3 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

"Where there's water there's fish, and where there's money there's women"....... As me mother used to say, "Put on the table what's on it, then you can talk"......Or in Thailand...... " No money, no honey "  ....... RIP for the victim......

Do you think growing up in a home where there was no money has coloured your view?

Or there was money but your mother was an admitted gold digger?

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I accept women for what they are.

I' m sure your mother is happy that you have such a high opinion of women, she must have been a "saint"

You claim to have a 19 year old daughter.   Is your opinion of her is that she will be a rent a wife as well?

What a sad way to live in my opinion, surrounded by hookers

Shame on the murderers, hope they get what they deserve.

RIP Mr. De Stefani.

Unfortunately , our 'developed" competitive societies have made us so hungry for love and affection, that many of us fall prey of unscrupolous women in Thailand, and other countries.

All it needs for them is just smile and open their legs.

The solution is simple, never think with the small head.. But it's not that easy sometimes.

24 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

Do you think growing up in a home where there was no money has coloured your view?

Or there was money but your mother was an admitted gold digger?

Now now, don't get brave with your half witted tripe or i might find you and introduce you to fear....... Actually i come from money, hard earned i might add, and as for my mother, watch your mouth sunshine.......half wit !  

9 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Now now, don't get brave with your half witted tripe or i might find you and introduce you to fear....... Actually i come from money, hard earned i might add, and as for my mother, watch your mouth sunshine.......half wit !  

Well how did your mother end up with such a low opinion of women?

As to introducing me to fear.  5555  you are not just a marine, you are supermarine  555

I guess Lady Luck has blessed me. I have been involved with nothing but quality Thai ladies. No matter the country, all types exist. Much depends on how/where you first meet a potential partner and how the relationship develops from there. 

12 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

relationship advice or an excerpt from a dog training manual?

Er, no its just good common sense advice, seems like you have been burnt more than once , Ahh,  the bitterness shows thru.

1 hour ago, isaanbanhou said:

Well how did your mother end up with such a low opinion of women?

As to introducing me to fear.  5555  you are not just a marine, you are supermarine  555

It's not a "low" opinion, but rather close to reality.

Apparently the women very much in general, are wired to take as much advantage as they can from the men in general.

..Read Briffault's law..https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/machiavellians-gulling-the-rubes/201610/briffaults-law-women-rule

Edited by mauGR1

11 hours ago, Enoon said:

Probably best to assume that, at the very least, money plays a "significant part" in the attraction that males have (in most societies) for women.

Sorry to those fellows whose vanity, like the vanity of the central character (Verloc) in Conrads novel "The Secret Agent", leads them to believe themselves loved entirely for......."themselves".

Do not take it too personally if her love falters and she finds a better deal, it's just "business".

How sad.